What's new

Maj. Abid Majeed (Shaheed) May 19, 09--- Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

Aey puttar hattaan tey nahi wikdaey

May ALLAH shower his blessings on his soul & fmaily.......And all other shaheeds who sacrificed their lives for PAKISTAN for our better tomorrow.....ameen

(arabic verse) Inna Lillah Hey Wah Inna Elayhee Rajeeon...Ameen

Major Abid Majeed Malik, who embraced Shahadat during operation Rah-e-Rast near Matta (Swat) on May 18th, 2009 during his heroic bid to evacuate his injured comrades in arm. Thats at what our army stands out from the rest. I salue you sir! :pakistan:

After the burial, Corps Commander Lahore, Lieutenant General Ijaz Ahmed Bakhshi laid floral wreath on behalf of Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

The Shaheed was commissioned in the Punjab Regiment on October 12, 1997. He leaves behind a widow and two minor children. Major Abid Majeed Malik was laid to rest besides the permanent abode of his late father Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Abdul Majeed.

Major Abid’s mother said her son made her a proud. “My sons have saved the country from terrorists. One has adorned martyrdom, while the other is a Ghazi,” said the proud mother. Her son Major Khalid suffered injuries during the war with the terrorists.
Ishrat, wife of Major Abid, said her husband wanted to adorn Shahadat, and the Almighty had fulfilled his wish.

Courtesy: The Nation, AFP

The funeral was taken place on May 20th, 2009 morning at 10am near Shaheedanwala graveyard, Lahore.

these people are true heroes of the nation.we all are proud of them.pakistan zindabad:pakistan:

these people are true patriots.i salute him for his sacrifice and his family for giving such a patriot to the nation.

Found this pic of Maj Abid and his brother, thought to share it with you people.

db51bf16cd5f1e74eaabdd964e58c314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Abid was an instructor at PMA most of the young officers who passed out from PMA in 2007-9 know him very well

Asalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

Major Abid Majeed was my first cousin (Son of my uncle). I just wanted to request that you all please pray for him and his family. I just met his sister and wife on Monday (the day he was martyred) and they are in need of prayers and patience at this testing time. Tomorrow it is Friday (Jummah) I would kindly request that you all please ask the imam's at your local mosques to make a speacial prayer for my cousin, that Allah may grant him paradise and the status of a Shaheed Inshallah.

May we all be guided onto the straight path.

Asalaualaikum,

Waqqas Awan

Thanks.

'Shaheed Ki Ju Moat Hai, Wu Quam Ki Hayat Hai'

God bless them!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom