What's new

Major General Sanaullah and Lt Colnol has died in IED blast in upper dir

Son , I am a graduate of Pakistan Air Force Academy Risalpur. Pakistan Armed Forces are in my blood. My Father was an PAF Officer like me and I was born in the Air Force. I will die Defending my Country from Traitors and Enemy.

you know me, who i am!
request, sir plz stop supporting damocrazy in pakistan, its only beneficial to traitors, they use it to abuse this country, & its peoples?
thnks for the reply!

TTP is nothing but a bunch of Drug Mafia which is getting weapons and orders from India. Seal the road coming from FATA and this Drug Mafia will come to its knees. Mahsuds have always had a history of Drug Mafia and kidnappings for Ransom. You have to treat a Thug like a Thug.

Yes in Ireand they had to finally talk to them and they did and Egypt they are going towards civil war they have tried to crush brotherhood for past 60 years and have failed Mr soon brother hood would be back and yes Sri Lanka beated the Tamils that too after 25 years and that because India stopped supporting them

where is brotherhood now? ohh i cant see that?
civil war? in egypt its sisi,s war on brotherhood? go watch it?
ireland yes they talkked when IRA finnally gave up!
if srilanka can hold on, the LTTE,s 25 years thn can destroy it? why cant we? destroy TTp?

I don't believe that the majority of Tribals support TTP. Those that do will die with TTP. A ghaddar is a Ghaddar whether TTP or its supporter like you. We will treat them alike. There are many Tribals who are loyal Pakistanis and many of them are in our Armed Forces. I think we need to hire more of our Soldiers from Fata and train them to Destroy TTP.

You got it, you got it right. The locals which I believe are few are supporting these rented terrorists are either fooled or they are getting good amount of money to support TTP. We have seen videos in the past in which these rented terrorists have said they don't know why they are fighting, they have also said we are forced to fight & many are doing it only for money according to the captive terrorists.

where is brotherhood now? ohh i cant see that?
civil war? in egypt its sisi,s war on brotherhood? go watch it?
ireland yes they talkked when IRA finnally gave up!
if srilanka can hold on, the LTTE,s 25 years thn can destroy it? why cant we? destroy TTp?
Mr these kind of funny questions were asked for past 60 years Mr brother hood is still their still thousands every day come out to protest and hanging and throwing their leaders in Jaill will only grow their support Mr secular dumbos think they can throw brother hood in Jail and they would get rid of them so sad for them they tried the latest they threw in that old man he already had spent 20 years in Jail under Mubarak Mr you can't crush them brother hood would is still their and sooner or later they would be back in power Mr and IRA was first offered talks than they gave up

Its just scary how civies have access to such information ....
I am not a civy :D
when your own country men strts shoting on the 14 years old , pushtun gril student, thn you need to bomb them?
traitors are those. who are faking them selves as allha,s warriors?
cause they are not?

they all got killed in karachi?
ok plz name them?
no you cant, cause there were none?
Did I say they got killed?

These were brave soldiers but I have to ask the question just how are our top level commanders being killed so brutally by the terrorists yet no action is being taken against the terrorists. All these security forces have ever done is arrest innocents instead of targetting the militants. Through personal experience I believe the security forces are incapable or unwilling to eliminate terrorism in Pakistan the incapable scenario appearing more likely.

Not a single top TTP commander has been killed or captured by us. We should be the ones eliminating these evil terrorists. But I don't know what the center expects. Someone, probably RAW agents to come and clear the mess for them. Actually RAW agents should be given positions in top intelligence agencies and our people should just go on vacation. Useless intelligence services can't stop our major generals and lieutentant generals from being killed. How will they protect a civilian like me and you. Useless.

Gen Sanaullah the 4th general to die fighting militants

Rahimullah Yusufzai
Monday, September 16, 2013
From Print Edition

PESHAWAR: Major General Sanaullah who lost his life in the roadside bomb explosion in Upper Dir district near the border with Afghanistan was the fourth Pakistan Army general killed in the ongoing war against the militants.

He was posted as the General Officer Commanding Swat in March in place of Major General Ghulam Qamar. He reportedly belonged to the Niazi tribe and hailed from the Daudkhel area in Mianwali district. A down to earth man who believed in maintaining close contact with his soldiers, he died in the line of duty while visiting troops in the Shahikot area close to the Pak-Afghan border. An improvised explosive device (IED) planted on the roadside and apparently triggered with a remote control device blew up his vehicle and claimed his life along with that of Lt Col Tauseef and Lance Naik Irfan Sattar.

In fact, Maj Gen Sanaullah was the second army general from Mianwali to die during the course of the war against the militants. Earlier on February 7, 2008, Mianwali-born Maj Gen Javed Sultan, who too belonged to the Niazi tribe, was killed in South Waziristan’s Tanai area along with seven other army officers when his helicopter crashed while returning to Kohat from Wana.

Maj Gen Javed Sultan was general officer commanding Kohat and was leading troops fighting the Taliban militants in Waziristan. A number of army officers, including two brigadiers, were also killed in the crash. The military said at the time that the helicopter wasn’t brought down by enemy fire and that it crashed due to technical problems in bad weather. Maj Gen Javed Sultan was the defence attache at the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi before he returned to Pakistan, earned promotion to major general and was later posted to Kohat where he served for around a year until his death.

Like Maj Gen Javed Sultan, Lt Gen Mushtaq Ahmad Baig, the Surgeon General of Pakistan Army, was also killed in February 2008. A suicide bomber struck his vehicle at the busy intersection near the GPO Chowk in Rawalpindi Saddar on February 25, 2008 to kill him and 10 other people, almost all civilians. Lt Gen Mushtaq Ahmad Baig was a physician and a deeply religious man.

The fourth general to die in the fight against the militants was Maj Gen Bilal Omar Khan, who was the director general of the Pakistan Army’s Armoured Corps at the time of the attack by suicide bombers during prayers at the Parade Lane mosque in Rawalpindi Cantonment. Evidence suggested that Maj Gen Bilal Omar had left the mosque for home after offering “farz” prayers, but had returned after hearing the blasts and the firing and grappled with one of the suicide bombers and broken his ribs before the bomber blew himself up and another one fired at the general. Maj Gen Bilal Omar, who belonged to the Burki tribe settled in Lahore, had obtained a master’s degree from the Colorado University in the US, had served at important positions in the army and earned respect due to his soldier’s qualities and uprightness. He had been the squash champion in the army and a quality polo player. Besides, he was a devout Muslim.

Here is what I think happened...
It was probably a remote-controlled IED attack. Militants used high-tech equipment and the jammer on GOC's SUV failed to jam that particular "frequency". Can't be a booby-trapped IED otherwise patrol or convoy vehicles would've taken the hit.

Political parties are saying, dialogue/peace with ttp, because they are directly and indirectly hinting at PA's utter failure against the ttp. Many of the major party candidates have come on tv and said or hinted that army can't win this fight against Taliban so dialogue is the only way.

First of all, lets get some things clear. The failure is due to our politicians incompetence and not PA. PA has not been given the mandate to go and clear the entire country of this menace. On top of that, what ever little mandate PA was given to clear Swat and SW, it was also given the additional responsibility of 'Area Building'. You can't expect the Army to fight at the same time and also rebuild the conflict areas, that is a job that is restricted to the Civilians and not the Army.

Give the Army the mandate to go and clear the TTP, instead the politicians are dead scared of starting a real serious operation. The Army has hinted several times that an operation in NW is essential to rooting out terrorism, but so far the political parties have failed to provide a mandate for something like that.

You have this brutality of ttp committed against ANP in KPK as evidence. People are scared their families and children await the same fate if they don't give in to ttp's demand. Heck, at this time, I'm saying we shouldn't trifle with ttp. Reason being our army leadership lacks the resolve.

Army does not lack the resolve, they are tough motherfu**ers. It is the politicians lacking the stomach to fight a real civil war.

The Death Squad operation may sound easy on the paper but the approval of it requires balls. There is none or hardly any human watch groups in Waziristan etc areas. Start capturing, torturing and killing ttp foot soldiers and leadership. Hang their bodies from tree branches, I don't wanna get descriptive in violent methods, they'd know what to do when they start the op.

Approval has to come from the civilian government.

Instill fear in the hearts of these ttp assholes and then we'll see who has leverage in peace talks.

You can do that by shackling the chains of PA, PA cannot fight a war with two hands tied behind their backs.

1. PA here is waging COIN ops. The Div would not be deployed in the conventional defense. However, a good GOC (and here was one; May Allah grant Heavenly abode to this shaheed) would like to have his Tactical HQ as near to the most insurgent affected area as feasible. He would like to move around often and pass orders through his Rover. Of course, there is a Rear HQ, Adm Area and L of C stretching back to depots. There would be clear chain of command from the GOC to the Corps Commander and eventually to the DGMO/CGS at Army HQ.

2. But then COIN ops differ with situation. What we see in Iraq, Afghanistan or Kashmir are a different category. PA here is not an occupation army. The adversary are own people who have gone stray. The Mission here is not to enforce submission but to win the heart and mind - but not sparing to punish the culprits.

3. There is a thin sensitive line here that commanders at all levels must recognize. The Americans, NATO and the Indians can get away with collateral damages, extra-judicial killings, rapes, torture, massacre/genocide and kidnappings, but PA cannot. Any such incident will jeopardize PA's Mission. It will add fuel to the fire enhancing the insurgents' resolve and increasing their ranks.

4. To my reckoning, this shaheed general had done a proper analysis of the situation, and had understood that he had to be moving about to infuse confidence in those who had not joined the insurgency. In COIN isolating the insurgent from the people is crucial. He needs to be cut off from sources of supplies of food, medicine arms and ammo. Access to funding needs to be interdicted. These require a commander to be moving about rather than sitting in a HQ which in any case is well staffed and in constant touch with him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom