What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Is Islamic studies a compulsory subject?
Are there no minorities studding in Pakistani schools?..if yes..how do the answer this question?

I believe Islamic Studies is only mandatory in early schooling (for Muslims only), & is not mandatory in higher education levels (even though I haven't done my schooling from Pakistan, but this is what I know from my cousins). Non-Muslims do not need to take Islamic studies any time, in any class/grade.

IMO, the solution to pakistani problem is more and more islam. That will help in the long run.

PS: I am talking as per Indian POV. :lol: It will help India in the long run

That is the entire tragedy here, Pakistanis want what will benefit its opponents.

If you are Muslim first then there is no need for a Pakistan, you can be a Muslim anywhere.

Muslim interests and Pakistani interests are separate, as a Muslim you will consider working with puppet Arabic states and Muslim militants, however as a Pakistani you would know that these things will damage Pakistan in the long run.

Similarly we use our Pakistani identity to travel, work and for numerous other purposes.

At an immigration desk, when asked about your identity, you are supposed to say "I am a Pakistani".

Not, I am a Muslim first, Pakistani second, Punjabi third, Human fourth, Male fifth and so on and so forth.

These are different things, faith is a personal matter, ethnicity is irrelevant, gender is distinguishable but nationality reigns supreme.

That ought to be your identity, your nation.

I can understand why Pakistan is in such a mess though, people don't care for it and are happy to place it second when it should be our first priority.

No wonder all the worlds Mujahid flock to the Bastion of Islam.

That is the entire tragedy here, Pakistanis want what will benefit its opponents.

If you are Muslim first then there is no need for a Pakistan, you can be a Muslim anywhere.

Muslim interests and Pakistani interests are separate, as a Muslim you will consider working with puppet Arabic states and Muslim militants, however as a Pakistani you would know that these things will damage Pakistan in the long run.

Similarly we use our Pakistani identity to travel, work and for numerous other purposes.

At an immigration desk, when asked about your identity, you are supposed to say "I am a Pakistani".

Not, I am a Muslim first, Pakistani second, Punjabi third, Human fourth, Male fifth and so on and so forth.

These are different things, faith is a personal matter, ethnicity is irrelevant, gender is distinguishable but nationality reigns supreme.

I can understand why Pakistan is in such a mess though, people don't care for it and are happy to place it second when it should be our first priority.

Really good thinking,we used to be such before 1980s during Afghan war the nation was forced to adopt to radical ideas and now we are cutting the crop of what Zia and USA sowed.The water and nutritions to this crop are now fed by some of our politician and many of our mullahs.

Default Re: A majority of Pakistanis identify themselves as Muslims first

It means people will prefer to defend Islam first then nation.... This is why and how Mullas get there resources... A mulla sitting in Tribal area shout " Islam is in danger" and many Pakistani devote there life for his holy cause...

This kind of attitude must need to introspect... Religion is personal choice, while nation is obvious one.. You can change religion, but you can't change nation that easily....

One affidavit and you can change your religion. Marry a Hindu and become Hindu... So simple, but changing nationality is not that simple./...

Well said, not sure how it went into text books. Education and school reform is the first think to do in Pakistan.

@ T-FAZ

I read your posts today in different threads . happy to see a person like you in pakistan.. Your views are logical and rational.. Hope I will see more of ur participation here

Regs
Nj

The 'problem' of Islamic/Muslim identity is a long & complicated one, & needs historical context to be understood properly. It can be argued that Pakistan & Israel are the only two states in history that have been created on the basis of a religious context.

The term "Islamization" was perceived & interpreted differently by different people in the Pakistan administration. "Islamization" to the first group of people was the glue that held Pakistan's ethnicities together from separatist tendencies, as a form of 'homogenization' in the 1956 Constitution of Pakistan (declaring Pakistan the 'Islamic Republic of Pakistan'). "Islamization" (along the lines of Salafi Arabization) to the second group of people served the purpose of giving Pakistan a separate identity from India, & a "justification" for the events that took place in 1947. Their thinking was, "if Pakistan was going to be ideologically similar to India, why was there a need to form Pakistan in the first place"? Hence, the second group's struggle for a distinct (foreign) Arab identity, & the support & infiltration of the Deobandis into Pakistan, that had been opposed to the creation of Pakistan in the first place. Notice that this is how Deobandism infiltrated into Pakistan from India, & it was the Deobandis in pre-1947 that had opposed the creation of Pakistan, on the basis of "trying to 'Islamize' the whole Indian sub-continent."

The mindset of the second group starting infiltrating Pakistan post 1947, & started becoming more popular in the eyes of the Pakistan Administration. They also used their version of 'Islamization' of Salafi Arabization to enhance Pakistan's influence in the Arab world, & the Muslim world in general. After creating the Mujahideen, the US also utilized Pakistan for "this" very purpose in the 80s against the Soviets. And now we all know that "it" (Salafi Arabization) has backfired horribly for Pakistan post 9/11. In other words: the Salafi Arabization, which was serving Pakistan so well in the world, exerting their influence in the Arab Muslim world, building strategic partnerships with the US etc; turned out to be a huge curse for Pakistan post 9/11, when the US decided to completely flip over. Which is why there are still some loyalist Jihadi elements in the Pakistani Administration. So this "problem" is multifaceted, & has various dimensions to it with respect to the Pakistan administration.

I would prefer a secular model for Pakistan myself; but I can see why others would not want that, while rejecting extremism & terrorism as well. It is a complicated problem, which went from a charm to a curse over time. One should not be simplistic or generalize on this issue, this is an issue that needs to be looked deeply at: at its history, its present, its future; as it relates to the very existence of Pakistan.

yes i too think Islam is the only thing which can get out of this situation.
Every muslim a pure muslims will have these qualities.
No lie
No bribe
no miscommitments
no theft
very little time for justice
honest people in rule
every one working according to his duty time.
and these are the points we lak in our nation
so being a muslim (true) not devided in sects.) first helps us to build a stong nation

@ Black Widow
may be logical some times
but having a bit liberal mind he always talks which you indians like. :azn:

Is Islamic studies a compulsory subject?
Are there no minorities studding in Pakistani schools?..if yes..how do the answer this question?

they study geography instead of religeon. or they are free to study islamiat.

I call myself a 'PAKISTANI MUSLIM'.

There should be no problem in the subject of thread.

As muslims of Hindustan wanted a separate country for them. Quaid e Azam gave muslims a separate country. :pakistan:

i don't know what is the fuss about being Muslims first or Pakistani first ? What is the difference between being Muslim and Pakistani anyway and why we cannot be both at the same time ?

This the common question taught to class 1 children in Islamic studies.
Q.Hum Kia Hain
A.Hum Musalman hain.

But its true that most of Pakistanis prefer Islam over Pakistan.I personally is first PAkistani then anything else.:pakistan:

yes but, as a mature pakistani is able to stand himself first, and you are implying that the text books brainwash pakistani minds and a mature pakustani is so idiot that it cant decide who he is first???

there are better pakistanis out there who are good muslims and also serving their country better than you ever will be

Back
Top Bottom