What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

Ironically, a large number of those criticizing secularism and liberalism, can't even differentiate between the two. Lol The nonsense, disguised as deep thinking and facts, I read on PDF now a days, seriously! Give me a milligram of Alprazolam. I really don't even consider myself as liberal, secular yes, but the twisting of the facts and the willfully falsely derived conclusions, makes my blood boil.

Most of the liberals in Pakistan, and on PDF, are only fakes. True liberals are few and far between, for it takes a lot to be one in the real sense of the word. Freedom of the mind is a far more expansive concept than freedom of the body that eludes most. A liberal is a free thinker, not a thinker with an agenda.

Why persist in living there? Lol

Simple economics.

Constitution of Pakistan is not the issue, the issue is of governance and corruption.

My parents left UK in early 70's to return to Pakistan, after having lived in UK for less than 7 years.

Stay in UK is not permanent. I know many who having established steady incomes here have moved back to Pakistan. I'm in the process of doing the same.

The way I look at it, Brits looted us back in the days so us earning here is not a big deal.

I knew. My question was a rhetorical one to Verve.

Many Indians would like that. :)

And I suspect many Pakistanis would like her to be their own PM as well.

You have no idea about Pakistani politics, so your comments are not warranted to make any rational decision when it comes to our government and social structure.

You have no idea about Pakistani politics, so your comments are not warranted to make any rational decision when it comes to our government and social structure.

If the late Fidel Castro spoke about Africa or Muammar Gaddafi spoke about Kashmir or the UNO, would you say the same??

Well, I am good at broad-level thinking so I made that previous comment.

By the way, I had tagged you in the burqa ban post and you did not reply to that.

Simple economics.

Constitution of Pakistan is not the issue, the issue is of governance and corruption.

My parents left UK in early 70's to return to Pakistan, after having lived in UK for less than 7 years.

Stay in UK is not permanent. I know many who having established steady incomes here have moved back to Pakistan. I'm in the process of doing the same.

The way I look at it, Brits looted us back in the days so us earning here is not a big deal.
You are right to some extent, but it depends.
For example if I despise Russia and all what it stands for(culture, political system,laws, policies,values, way of life etc) then the last thing I will ever want to do is emigrate there. If I do emigrate there and start bashing Russia about its values/norms etc while claiming my home country values,way of life,culture etc is better then I'm just being hypocritical to be honest. I will understand if any Russian called me out on that, I will basically have nothing to say for my defence. Lol
If someone doesn't like what a country stands for and they way the people there dress/behave , then don't go there. There are over 170 countries in the world, I'm sure they can migrate to a better country that offers the type of values,culture and way of living that they like/are comfortable with. Think KSA, Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, etc etc.

The way I look at it, Brits looted us back in the days so us earning here is not a big deal
There was no Pakistan back then to be honest. So you can't say Brits looted Pakistan, it was India, and Pakistan seceeded from India due to religion after we gave them independence as far as I know.

Moreover, you can't use that colonial excuse as well. Else the U.S/Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, south Africa, etc etc citizens can also use that excuse to migrate massively to Britain for a better life, by claiming Britain colonised and looted them as well. Lol

You are right to some extent, but it depends.
For example if I despise Russia and all what it stands for(culture, political system,laws, policies,values, way of life etc) then the last thing I will ever want to do is emigrate there. If I do emigrate there and start bashing Russia about its values/norms etc while claiming my home country values,way of life,culture etc is better then I'm just being hypocritical to be honest. I will understand if any Russian called me out on that, I will basically have nothing to say for my defence. Lol
If someone doesn't like what a country stands for and they way the people there dress/behave , then don't go there. There are over 170 countries in the world, I'm sure they can migrate to a better country that offers the type of values,culture and way of living that they like/are comfortable with. Think KSA, Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, etc etc.

Many discussions on this forum are for and against secularism in Pakistan, try to understand that. And Secularism is not confined to UK only.

I don't despise UK, it has good and bad both and I'm not fussed about culture etc - what goes inside my house is what I decide and matters, not the culture/way of life/etc etc!

But Secularism I do not wish upon my homeland that is Pakistan. We are different people and what may work in UK will not work for the people of Pakistan. We came into being to be a muslim country and that is our foundation. Just because I am in UK doesn't mean that I ditch or start bashing the foundations of my motherland to please the locals!

after we gave them independence

:lol:

You were too weak after the hammering from Hitler and Japs to hold onto much. Remember how you ran from Singapore? You had no choice in regards to India and Pakistan .. as you had no control. 'Gave' :lol: ... just like you gave HK?

Moreover, you can't use that colonial excuse as well .... Hong Kong

Guess what ... do some research on how many citizenships were granted to HK residents before China took it all. I was there at handover, and know many people who got citizenship just for being residents of the colony.

Last edited:
If the late Fidel Castro spoke about Africa or Muammar Gaddafi spoke about Kashmir or the UNO, would you say the same??

Well, I am good at broad-level thinking so I made that previous comment.

By the way, I had tagged you in the burqa ban post and you did not reply to that.

Tag me

Oh my God .. still fighting on malalas attire .. come on people there r much important things in the world..

Back
Top Bottom