What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

The one in the picture took the following to the next level! :D

In The Name of Allah, The Merciful, The Compassionate

Ref: Verse (24:31)

For comparison, I've given translation of ayat from two different authors:

1. Pickthall: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

Now enjoy the translated version of the same ayat by a Pakistani in all probability:

Mohsin Khan: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

...... so on and so forth, hundred different translations to choose from.

Now personal commentary: Mate, the problem is with understanding the contextual version of the words, for example in the above mentioned ayat, the Arabic word "khimar" for covering cleavage, what does it stand for?

1. Veil?
2. Separate cloth?
3. Cloth that forms part of the dress?
4. A curtain of sorts.
5. Table cloth.

etc etc....... the point being, the guideline states that cover your cleavage and private parts with cloth (doesn't a t-shirt do that? Or does it have to be exclusively either Made in Saudi Arabia Abbaya or Made in Pakistan Kameez????)........ and let's not get into what constitutes private parts, for some of our friends here, even a female-toe is a private part, which can reign terror on the planet if it's covered with nail polish! :D

Hundred more questions and so few answers, even with this just one ayyat above, however, I personally consider Quran to be the sole and complete light of guidance.

Not so long ago, someone was really feeling hyper-religious and called on Amir Liaquat's show. He asked him how he could do a program in "mixed gathering" and when women are wearing such clothes (or something to that effect- I don't precisely remember). Amir Liaquat's reply was epic and hilarious, he replied, I will shut down this show if you can shut down the pilgrimage and the circling around Kaaba by Muslims :D

Both of them happen, there. So God, when he calls Muslims to his house, isn't considered that they are together and with their faces visible to each other. But the people who claim to worship him are disgusted by the presence of women who's not in shuttlecock. Even Shalwar Kameez with a modest dupatta isn't enough for some. Even the burqa with faces visible isn't. It has to be specifically their dress, when God doesn't define specific.

It has to be specifically their sect, when God isn't ready to define one and maintains that groupings are evil and shouldn't be done.

For such people we have:

In The Name of Allah, The most Merciful, The Compassionate

Verse (10:15)

And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, those who do not expect the meeting with Us say, "Bring us a Qur'an other than this or change it." Say, [O Muhammad], "It is not for me to change it on my own accord. I only follow what is revealed to me (Quran). Indeed I fear, if I should disobey my Lord, the punishment of a tremendous Day."

And then some:

Verse (5:99)

Not upon the Messenger is [responsibility] except [for] notification. And Allah knows whatever you reveal and whatever you conceal.

Another translation for the one above:

The sole duty of the messenger is the delivery (of God's message). And Allah knows whatever you reveal and whatever you conceal.

Personal commentary: Yara, you can't fight the mullah brigade, no one other than Allah SWT can. If Allah doesn't wish them to see the light of Quran, then sadly we are mere mortals.

With this I conclude my daily sermon, back to bashing Wahhabbo-Deobandis and ilk on other threads..... :D

Not so long ago, someone was really feeling hyper-religious and called on Amir Liaquat's show. He asked him how he could do a program with mixed gathering and when women are wearing such clothes (or something to that effect- I don't precisely remember). Amir Liaquat's reply was epic and hilarious, he replied, I will shut down this show if you can shut down the pilgrimage and the circling around Kaaba by Muslims :D

Both of them happen there. So, God, when he calls Muslims to his house, isn't considered that they are together and with their faces visible. But the people who claim to worship him are disgusted by the presence of women who's not in shuttlecock. Even Shalwar Kameez with a modest dupatta isn't enough for some. Even the burqa with faces visible isn't. It has to be specifically their dress, when God doesn't define specific.

is aurat ka khawab bhi PM banna hai. rahna bahir khana pina bahir lakin hukamrani Pakistaniyo per. is say ziyada bichari qoam or koon si hogi.

Pheasant.. in case people confuse it with peasants

Peasant
View attachment 431779

Pheasant
View attachment 431780

Malala looks like a Pheasant

For goodness sake, ask that tree to wear something or censor its image ........... ALLAH muaf kary kaisay kaisay bay haya darakht a gay hain ajj kal. And No I don't have a dirty mind ....... its just that tree is being indecent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Cookie Monster I think critics of Malala attire need to workout with me in my gym (my timing), that will help me get rid of that sexism and injustice ......... what do you say?

For goodness sake, ask that tree to wear something or censor its image ........... ALLAH muaf kary kaisay kaisay bay haya darakht a gay hain ajj kal. And No I don't have a dirty mind ....... its just that tree is being indecent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Cookie Monster I think critics of Malala attire need to workout with me in my gym (my timing), that will help me get rid of that sexism and injustice ......... what do you say?
Critics of Malala attire or anyone else's attire need to get a life...it's that simple. They should focus on themselves...on the day of judgement each one of us is only accountable for our personal actions and not someone else's actions.

Who cares about Malalai Yousafzai.

She is overrated.
when she was given the Nobel peace prize I was against it...not bcuz I have anything against her but bcuz I think there were more deserving individuals like Edhi. They should've given it to him when he was alive.

Last edited:
Renowned activist for women education Malala Yousafzai has successfully been accepted to Oxford University for undergraduate studies after acquiring her A-level result.

Yousafzai recently commenced her studies at the prestigious Oxford University – five years from the day that she was shot by the Taliban for campaigning for girls’ education.

The Nobel Peace Prize laureate tweeted last week, saying, “5 years ago, I was shot in an attempt to stop me from speaking out for girls’ education. Today, I attend my first lectures at Oxford.”

However, all hell broke lose when the 2o-year-old was spotted wearing a jeans and top with her head covered with a dupatta.

Some bashed Malala for her ‘shocking’ choice of wardrobe.

While some went as low as calling her a foreign conspiracy once again, merely on her dressing, others came out in her support.

View attachment 431718

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1532509/malala-yousufzai-bashed-oxford-attire-quite-appalling/
When you're that famous, casual, plain clothing is probably for the best so few people recognize you.

when she was given the Nobel peace prize I was against it...not bcuz I have anything against her. But I think there were more deserving individuals like Edhi. They should've given it to him when he was alive.
Nobel Peace Prize doesn't mean much anymore.

What’s the point of wearing a headscarf if you’re going to wear skin-tight jeans?

Surely, the bigger question is, what's the point of calling yourself Muslim if you are going to shoot little girls in the head? Or perhaps, what's the point of calling yourself a Muslim if you are going to cause the deaths of unborn girls because of "Blasphemy" allegation due to burning?

Or another one, what's the point of complaining about what someone else is wearing when you have the perfect capability to look down or somewhere else?

1)Did not know a tree’s natural state was clothed

2) stop oogling at trees, its weird

Bilawal was not even born. Just google "Benazir Bhutto at Oxford" and you will see the photos of a partying college girl
And nobody really cared, the 70’s were the last few days Pakistan was a stable society

What’s the point of wearing a headscarf if you’re going to wear skin-tight jeans?
it looks good...a lot of young girls wear colorful headscarf which doubles up as scarf around neck...
by uk standard her dress is sober and appropriate for college/uni.

I am not sure what people are suggesting her to wear, she cant wear salwar kameez or saree ffs. If you wear full length skirt you will look like roma gypsy... :)

Back
Top Bottom