What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

She doesn't really sound clever in her interviews and her English is still choppy choppy (I've seen freshys off the banana boat speak better after few months ) and she's been in the UK for few years .

agreed, either ban jeans and T-shirt for men in Pakistan, and make the shalwar kameez a farz
or allow the women to wear anything they like without us fighting about it

*so long as it's halal.

She doesn't really sound clever in her interviews and her English is still choppy choppy (I've seen freshys off the banana boat speak better after few months ) and she's been in the UK for few years .

Apparently her A levels weren't Oxford material either, or so I've heard anyway.

you deserve a negative rating for this.

she is way too young. stop expecting Anne Frank out of Malala Yusufzai

Sarcasm?

I hope so, because Anne Frank was actually younger than Malala lol.

I don't like her because she's been milking this incident like crazy.

I guarantee she wouldn't have gotten into Oxford if she wasn't famous.

Just my 2 cents.

and who will describe what is halal and haraam?
the same males, who will say jeans and t shirt is halal for them and not for women.

It will be based on what the Sharia says.

If there is trouble regarding which opinion to follow, then they should stick with what the Hanafi madhab states since the overwhelming majority of Pakistani Islamic scholars follow the Hanafi madhab.

I attended a talk by Malala once. Most unimpressive. She went on and on about her horrible experience and her will to survive. Somebody in the audience questioned her whether hers was the norm in the area where she came from. She was extremely evasive and defensive when responding since it seemed apparent that she was evading the issue of whether she was making the plight and suffering of many seem like a personal unique experience to her.

Maybe. Give her a break, I say. She's a teenager and as such more prone than older more mature people to feel uncomfortable talking about certain things. How many people want to answer every single audience question?

But the "near death experience" does make her situation unique, right? Someone almost dead, miraculously revived and with lasting damage from the shooting. She might be milking the situation, there's no clear evidence though but a possibility always exists, but the problem is that nobody can deny, what happened to her, except the stupid at-times religious motivated conspiracy theorists with stuff ranging from the shooting being staged, from her father grooming her before and like I make a parody of them that maybe she shot herself. If the state of Pakistan feels ashamed/threatened by her mere presence and lectures in the West, she should have made certain her security and well-being, in the first place, back then. The Swat fiasco could have been easily avoided, if we had attempted to keep the weapons flow and extremist ideology in check. (same goes for Red Mosque, Islamabad which tarnished the image and reputation of the country greatly, because the military or any authority didn't act in time, when the weapons and gear were being accumulated inside a place of worship and still the Pakistanis/Pakistani media protested in support of the militants, after they were killed, where was the "deep hypocritical concern" for the country's image then I ask?). Now, she is free to do, anything as she pleases, regarding the incident, free to explain it in any way she prefers, because we don't have the moral reason or any authority to blame or criticize her for anything. She has a valid genuine reason and I tell you with great confidence that if anyone else was offered the chance to migrate to the West or elsewhere, after such a great tragedy. Majority of them, would have taken it. The survival is the prime directive of the human brain.

She is just another human. A teenager, highly intelligent I can tell. And except for pent-up justified anger emanating in certain irrational statements in criticism of religiously motivated men (Note: not the religion itself) and against the country, she will not continue to say anything similar in the future. Give her some time to mature. Whats with harshly judging a "big child"?

She is borne out of the idea of necessity that everything is titanic in Pakistan.
She wont sell any longer. Past her sell by date its not anyones concern

Nope, the responses from a large number of Pakistanis over little things, tell me otherwise. There is no such thing as bad publicity, my brother. (you might be my uncle, for all I know Lol). You will sell her. And I will sell her. Even though, she might be selling nothing, in the meantime.

The case of the Kardashians come to my mind (even though I am not comparing her with them) but making a point about people hating certain people and them becoming "famous".

What’s the point of wearing a headscarf if you’re going to wear skin-tight jeans?

So she should wear Kurtha patyala to University? Let a girl breathe! Faith is flexible. Thanks.

Maybe. Give her a break, I say. She's a teenager and as such more prone than older more mature people to feel uncomfortable talking about certain things. How many people want to answer every single audience question?

But the "near death experience" does make her situation unique, right? Someone almost dead, miraculously revived and with lasting damage from the shooting. She might be milking the situation, there's no clear evidence though but a possibility always exists, but the problem is that nobody can deny, what happened to her, except the stupid at-times religious motivated conspiracy theorists with stuff ranging from the shooting being staged, from her father grooming her before and like I make a parody of them that maybe she shot herself. If the state of Pakistan feels ashamed/threatened by her mere presence and lectures in the West, she should have made certain her security and well-being, in the first place, back then. The Swat fiasco could have been easily avoided, if we had attempted to keep the weapons flow and extremist ideology in check. (same goes for Red Mosque, Islamabad which tarnished the image and reputation of the country greatly, because the military or any authority didn't act in time, when the weapons and gear were being accumulated inside a place of worship and still the Pakistanis/Pakistani media protested in support of the militants, after they were killed, where was the "deep hypocritical concern" for the country's image then I ask?). Now, she is free to do, anything as she pleases, regarding the incident, free to explain it in any way she prefers, because we don't have the moral reason or any authority to blame or criticize her for anything. She has a valid genuine reason and I tell you with great confidence that if anyone else was offered the chance to migrate to the West or elsewhere, after such a great tragedy. Majority of them, would have taken it. The survival is the prime directive of the human brain.

She is just another human. A teenager, highly intelligent I can tell. And except for pent-up justified anger emanating in certain irrational statements in criticism of religiously motivated men (Note: not the religion itself) and against the country, she will not continue to say anything similar in the future. Give her some time to mature. Whats with harshly judging a "big child"?

Nope, the responses from a large number of Pakistanis over little things, tell me otherwise. There is no such thing as bad publicity, my brother. (you might be my uncle, for all I know Lol). You will sell her. And I will sell her. Even though, she might be selling nothing, in the meantime.

The case of the Kardashians come to my mind (even though I am not comparing her with them) but making a point about people hating certain people and them becoming "famous".

You're always on point. You literally deserve this rank.

1)Did not know a tree’s natural state was clothed

2) stop oogling at trees, its weird

And nobody really cared, the 70’s were the last few days Pakistan was a stable society

Yes lad. Good to see you haha

idhar hamri tax say jan nikli jandi e udhar awan ko us kay dress ki pari hoi hay @RealNapster @Mentee @The Sandman
#Priorities broooooooooooo we can talk about poverty hunger and 100's of other problems later but first lemme issue a fatwa on some girls clothing... after i have checked her out completely. :drag:

Bilawal was not even born. Just google "Benazir Bhutto at Oxford" and you will see the photos of a partying college girl
I know sir but i am talking about the picture you posted it's her son Bilawal.

60's was the golden era of Pakistan after that everything went downhill.

Let the poor girl go on with her life! Honestly, we are a cruel people. God forbid, had a relative of mine been shot in the face once in their lifetime, I would not utter a word to denigrate them for the rest of their life. She has suffered enough. Its beneath men to insult her.

#Priorities broooooooooooo we can talk about poverty hunger and 100's of other problems later but first lemme issue a fatwa on some girls clothing... after i have checked her out completely. :drag:
typical mullah behavior as it offends my tiny brain so no one should do it.go to hell man keep your views and self imposed restrictions limited to your life.come out wrapped in a blanket in 45 C for all i care but just keep it to your self.

So she should wear Kurtha patyala to University? Let a girl breathe! Faith is flexible. Thanks.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. Either don't wear a hijab if you're not going to commit to the idea behind it (ie. Islamic views on modesty) or don't wear it and dress however you want. The hijab isn't a fashion accessory it's an important religious garb.

She is very unattractive.

Good thing she got nobel prize money... that way she can just have herself a trophy husband.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kya cheez hai yaar... why I find this so funny?

Topic is killed now

idhar hamri tax say jan nikli jandi e udhar awam ko us kay dress ki pari hoi hay @RealNapster @Mentee @The Sandman

Awaam hay e chawl. or kia expect kar sakty hy aese awaam se. matlb ab banda Oxford jaaky b shalwar Qameez pehny inky lye. lanat hy.

i mean, koi pehn'na chaahye to pehne shalwar Qameez, but aap kisi ko force to nahe kar sakty na is ky lye.

After what she went through I think it's best to leave her alone and let her live her life.
This specific attire isn't just more comfortable compared to a shalwaar kameez but also helps her stay warm. So chill out people.

Back
Top Bottom