What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

I am so baffled how people can't oppose monsters who shot at kids. Have some decency for God's sake.

Everytime the same old people want to justify horrible acts. It's ok not to like someone but stop being critical of things which you know yourself, wouldn't matter.

What are they doing, in deed (not words) to attain that? Do you see them on the streets, asking for any radical changes, as per their liking? Any protests or demonstrations? Why do you guys feel threatened then?

The answer is simple: anyone who dares to think freely is a threat.

Pakistanis can say that there are bad elements in the society but no Pakistani has a damn right to label the whole society as such.

West has a lot of issues but no prominent politician or citizen will accuse the whole society. And when people here do so,they apologies and revise their statement - that malala has not done so. If she revises my objections will be no more but she will not for the reasons I've already given.

Well, that is your opinion, guaranteed and protected by Article 19 of the constitution of Pakistan, dealing with "freedom of speech". People, at times, have a certain habit for "always or never statements", "all or nothing" scenarios and for blaming the whole of anything. I have always noticed that in my interaction with people. But just because somebody is saying "all" or "everything", doesn't mean that they mean it too. Inside, they know it. It means "most" or "an overwhelming majority" but thats about it. A way of expressing anger, despair and making forceful statements.

The answer is simple: anyone who dares to think freely is a threat.

Somebody saying something, is a threat. I always ask people "Are your beliefs really that weak?" to be threatened by merely what someone says.

What are they doing, in deed (not words) to attain that? Do you see them on the streets, asking for any radical changes, as per their liking? Any protests or demonstrations? Why do you guys feel threatened then?

You don't have to do much research than look on PDF itself. Forget twitter and media houses with liberals/seculars. Maybe you are too short sighted to see it all.

Challenging the system favoured by a majority is a threat.

People, at times, have a certain habit for "always or never statements", "all or nothing" scenarios and for blaming the whole of society.

Well, in your grass is greener western secularism, this blanket accusation/labelling is not acceptable by these societies. Public pressure has lead to apologies and explanations of intentions.

Again, Malala has not done nothing to explain her words despite an uproar on the very social media that she read and 'reacted' upon. Maybe she's just plain stupid or read the script when she was asked to and that's that? oh .. immature ... will make blunders and won't apologise either .. yes yes ..

Your utterly blind bias is getting exposed ... keep at it.

Somebody saying something, is a threat. I always ask people "Are your beliefs really that weak?" to be threatened by merely what someone says.

Of course you make a good point. Only those insecure in themselves are threatened by others' views and thoughts because they are unable to present a coherent counter-argument. Such are the consequences of dogmatic beliefs that render rationality impossible.

An example: the confusion resulting from regarding religious beliefs as facts.

I am so baffled how people can't oppose monsters who shot at kids.

No one is TTP sympathiser here or any armed militia that targets civilians and goes against the state ... those are scums and should be hunted and sent to hell. If you want such condemnation repeated in every thread that you start, then ask for it specifically!

No one is TTP sympathiser here or any armed militia that targets civilians and goes against the state ... those are scums and should be hunted and sent to hell. If you want such condemnation repeated in every thread that you start, then ask for it specifically!

If you have a problem with my threads why do you comment on them? Just live and let live. Stop expecting so much from a girl who's still growing up and learning.

Germany's majority population was not Nazi .... bear that in mind!

If you have a problem with my threads why do you comment on them? Just live and let live. Stop expecting so much from a girl who's still growing up and learning.

You can't read it seems!

Do people need to constantly repeat condemnation of the horror malala was put through by terrorists? How many APS victims and survivors do you know the names of btw? Have you sympathised naming each one of them, ever?

Get my point now?

Germany's majority population was not Nazi .... bear that in mind!

You can't read it seems!

Do people need to constantly repeat condemnation of the horror malala was put through by terrorists? How many APS victims and survivors do you know the names of btw? Have you sympathised naming each one of them, ever?

Get my point now?

This isn't an APS thread. But if it is was, I sure as hell wouldn't be insensitive unlike yourself. I never asked for condemnation so you might want to refer the 'can't read' quote to yourself. Thanks.

You don't have to do much research than look on PDF itself. Forget twitter and media houses with liberals/seculars. Maybe you are too short sighted to see it all.

Challenging the system favoured by a majority is a threat.

Words are one thing. Insufficient and incapable of bringing change without tangible and effective action. I am asking you, what are they doing in their actions for you to feel threatened? Forget it. I will make it simple. Can you please show me anything similar from secular and/or liberals in Pakistan?

Muslim Gangs Enforce Sharia Law in London

Words are one thing. Insufficient and incapable of bringing change without tangible and effective action. I am asking you, what are they doing in their actions for you to feel threatened? Forget it. I will make it simple. Can you please show me anything similar from secular and/or liberals in Pakistan?

Muslim Gangs Enforce Sharia Law in London

A question: Did Muhammad PBUH himself not "challenge the system favored by the majority"? How can that be wrong?

Of course you make a good point. Only those insecure in themselves are threatened by others' views and thoughts because they are unable to present a coherent counter-argument. Such are the consequences of dogmatic beliefs that render rationality impossible.

An example: the confusion resulting from regarding religious beliefs as facts.

If anyone is so sure regarding their beliefs, they should make some effort and debate. Because as soon as someone says "boogeyman" and asks for certain opinions to be deleted or dealt with, one thing is clear that its somebody who hasn't done his/her homework, hence the prior knowledge that proceeding with the debate can be a serious problem. Challenge and be challenged, who's stopping you?

love what you did with the thread guys :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Stick around, because you ain't seen, nothing yet. :D

If anyone is so sure regarding their beliefs, they should make some effort and debate. Because as soon as someone says "boogeyman" and asks for certain opinions to be deleted or dealt with, one thing is clear that its somebody who hasn't done his/her homework, hence the prior knowledge that proceeding with the debate can be a serious problem. Challenge and be challenged, who's stopping you?

Debating is best done about facts, and not about beliefs. One must respect others' beliefs in the same manner one would expect one's own beliefs to be respected, whatever they may be.

A question: Did Muhammad PBUH himself not "challenge the system favored by the majority"? How can that be wrong?

To say that "challenging the system favored by the majority" is inherently wrong, isn't correct. Change is the only constant, in the universe. Everything was something else, some time ago. But the change should come peacefully and with the consent of those, it hopes to reorient and change. Not otherwise. A forced change isn't effective and easily reversed. It isn't worth anything.

Debating is best done about facts, and not about beliefs. One must respect others' beliefs in the same manner one would expect one's own beliefs to be respected, whatever they may be.

True. If there was any definite or conclusive proof for it, why would it be a belief even?

Back
Top Bottom