What's new

Malaysia bans Shias from promoting their faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still Shias in Malaysia , right ? . My friend , there are a dozen different sects in each country , if honestly you want to take it that route , how many will you ban and under what justification , that is the question ? This is nothing , but a state's mistake to destabilize itself . I thought the Malaysians were moderates .

Never heard of ' Dont fix if it ai'nt broke ' thing ?

They are a very small minority. A huge majority of Muslims are sunnis. Letting them propagate there sect would only increase turmoil in Malaysia. While Shias should have right to perform there religious duties and rituals under Malaysian law, propagation is something totally else. What if the majority local act violently to such propagation. Who would be responsible then? What if things go out of control? Would you still blame Malaysian govt for that. It would be shias who would responsible for any such trouble. So Malaysian govt just avoided a possible conflict and instability in its country.

Naya Pakistan :pakistan:?: PTI same ol biogot :victory:

What exactly is bigot in my post that you quoted? Do tell me.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia said on Wednesday that Shias in
the country, who have been termed a ‘deviant’ sect, are
barred from promoting their faith to other Muslims but
are free to practise it themselves.

Some 200 Shias were arrested in December by religious
authorities who accused them of threatening national
security in multicultural Malaysia, where most of the 16.5
million Muslims are members of the Sunni sect.

“We don’t prohibit Shia adherents to practise but there
are (laws) that don’t allow preaching to adherents of
Sunnah Wal Jamaah (Sunnis),” Islamic affairs minister
Jamil Khir Baharom told parliament according to state
media. Jamil Khir said the government had made ‘various
efforts’ to halt the spread of the faith in the country,
including issuing fatwas against the sect and the
‘monitoring and control of materials promoting Shia faith.”

Mohammed Khusrin Munawi, a former religious
department head in Selangor state who led the December
16 raid, has said that Shia Islam represents a threat
because ‘fanatical followers of the sect consider other
Muslims infidels’.

Shia community leader Kamil Zuhairi Abdul Aziz said on
Wednesday that Shias in Malaysia do not preach to other
Muslims.

“Although we keep a very low profile, live in
harmony with Sunnis and non-Muslims and practise our
religion within our community, we have been persecuted by
the authorities for many decades,” he told AFP. “In fact,
we are not the ones who are spreading our faith. By
arresting us and making this an issue, the. state religious
authorities are giving us the publicity and spreading our
teachings.”

The estimated 40,000 Shias in Malaysia are one of
several Islamic sects under close watch by religious
authorities, who crack down hard on so-called deviant
groups. A 1989 Islamic law and a 1996 fatwa by
Malaysia’s top Islamic clerics banned Shiism, declaring it a
deviant ideology. Malaysia has a dual-track legal system,
with civil courts running in parallel with Islamic courts where
Muslim Malays can be tried on religious and moral charges.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
=============================

Nice move, hope my country can follow our Muslim Malay Brothers

Nice move indeed, mashallah. Pakistan needs to follow footsteps of malaysia on this.

Unity is strength. A united group of people can always achieve more things than a single man. That is the reason groups are formed in many fields. In ancient times, man used to live alone. He traveled alone and hunted single handedly. But soon he realized that if he joins hands with his fellow men, he can face many of the common dangers. Thus villages were formed which in turn developed into towns, cities and countries. In modern times also groups are formed in all fields and walks of life. We have realized that by forming unions, we can demand and achieve things in a stronger way than by standing alone.

There is the story of a rich old man who had ten sons. But they always quarreled with one another. The old man knew that if he died, his wealth would be squandered by the quarreling sons. So he called them to his side and showed a bundle of ten sticks. He asked each one of them to break it into two. But however they tried, none could break the bundle. Then he untied the bundle and gave them each a stick asking them to break it, which they did easily. Thus the sons realized their foolishness and began to live in harmony.

Once upon a time there lived three bulls in a forest. All of them were strong and hefty. They were good friends and kept almost always together. Wherever one of them went, the other two followed too. Thus they were very safe from enemies. Seeing them together, none—not even the lion himself dared come near them.
A leopard too lived in a lair in that forest. He often saw the bulls and licked his chops. How he wanted to make them his meal indeed ! But he was afraid to go near them.
The leopard thought hard and hit upon a plan. He decided to divide them against one another. He took help from a jackal and created bad blood among the bulls. As a result, they moved away from one another.
Seeing this, the leopard attacked one bull and feasted on his flesh. Thus he was able to kill the other two as well one by one.

So why are we against a unity?! No one is threatening you for uniting...But you DEF are threatening yourself once divided!!

Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia all are coming under heavy wahabi influence. No surprise then they are all becoming barbaric.

Nice move indeed, mashallah. Pakistan needs to follow footsteps of malaysia on this.

I wish your your wish come true so that my wish come true, which is to prove that Pakistan was not for all Muslims, it's only for sunnies, people who came along with the idea of Pakistan are being abandoned one by one.

Iraq > Majority of the victims of terror attacks are the same Shiites by the extremist takfiri groups who 'claim' to be Sunnis (which they aren't), any reason for that? Shias targeting themselves?.

Actually majority of victims are Sunnis targeted by terrorist Shiite groups such as:

Mahdi Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Promised Day Brigades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kata'ib Hezbollah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Badr Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soldiers of Heaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thousands of Sunnis got massacred by these Shiites terrorist groups Supported by the Iraqi Shiite puppet regime and the Americans, and most Sunnis had to flee their homes so Shiites can take over and change the demographics in the major Iraqi cities in the south which used to be Sunni majority pre 2003,

Lebanon > Ahmad Al Assir, rings any bell? Lebanon is a multicultural country and it has been through a bloody civil war with ALL parties included, it has nothing to do with Shias specifically and they were the ones who actually stood against Israeli aggression and forced them to leave the Lebanon..

The biggest terrorist group in Lebanon Hezbollah and its leader Nasrallah brings a bell ? It's siege of Beirut in 2008 and killing Sunnis there brings a bell ? Amal Shiite terrorist group brings a bell? Its crimes against "Palestinians" in Lebanon brings a bell ?

Shiites killing Palestinians in Lebanon, the same people that claim to be fighting "Israel":

Syria > Syria is not ruled by 'Shiites', it's a secular country whose leader is an Alawite which is totally different from Shiism..

Same sh!t different names, Abbas brigade and Hezbollah are massacred Muslims alongside Asshead, also secular and ruled by the same dictator family for 30 years ? LOL

Yemen > I thought the mighty drones of your great ally, US, are targeting Al-Qaeda terrorists who, again, claim to be following Sunni branch of Islam (which is nonsense again), not Shiites. Majority of suicide and violent attacks are done by Al-Qaeda and other Takfiri militants..

Of course, you expect Americans to bomb their loved ones aka Shiites ? they went into the trouble of taking out Saddam Hussein in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanstan so Shiites can be in power, why would they bomb their beloved Shiites in Yemen ? they kill Sunnis instead.

Bahrain > Shiites happen to be the Majority of the country, not a minority, get your facts right (And your hypocrisy is amazing here, when you refer to Syria, it's all about the one who leads the country that is also responsible for chaos, while in Bahrain the majority who are protesting are causing chaos? How ridiculous is that?).

Shiites are not the majority in Bahrain, they are about 40-45% of the population, and yes Shiites terrorists are causing chaos in the peaceful Bahrain, shall i post videos ? and unlike Syria where Asshead regime caused the death of 100k people in only 2 years Bahrain death toll since 2 years is only 93 including policeman.

[Saudi Arabia > I don't call protesting as causing instability. And you have suppressed the peaceful protests with full force, so no fake tears please.

peaceful protests ? :laughcry:, protesting don't cause instability, what cause instability is the Shiites terrorists in that area:

And finally, Iran, which happens to have a 90% majority Shia population is indeed an stable country, because I don't see major terrorist attacks, insurgency, riots or anything else.

You except Shiites to cause chaos in their own terrorist country ? You should stop oppressing Muslims in your Sh!t-hole country, your capital dont have a single Sunni Masjid in it.

[Next time when you want to compare, never conclude based on lies, because it will be exposed soon.

You should use your own advice ya Shiite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muslims are our own worst enemy.

The diversion is in every religion....even in Christians......there are many groups...............but history tells.....whenever Muslims fight with each other....that was due to conspiracy of a third party.....and you know what I mean....:toast_sign:

@JUBA:
And Santa is real too, what else?
Next time when you could say something constructive, without insults, emotions and lies, I'll be here to answer.
Did you see any insults in my post? Then what made you so angry?
My time really isn't worth it, I made the points, other members will judge who is twisting and distorting the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why isn't the current turmoil and lawlessness and chaos , not enough ? :azn:

The Father of the Nation belonged to that sect , never created Pakistan for selected ' purified ' Muslims .

So why are we against a unity?! No one is threatening you for uniting...But you DEF are threatening yourself once divided!!

What do you intend to say really ? Do European countries stop you from propagating your faith , despite Muslims being not in the majority ? I am really surprised to see the comment of a lot of my dear countrymen here .

What do you intend to say really ? Do European countries stop you from propagating your faith , despite Muslims being not in the majority ? I am really surprised to see the comment of a lot of my dear countrymen here .

Whaoo wait where did my post go?!

Malaysia banned the formation of sects....

They allow propagation of ISLAM...so IF Shia call themselves Muslims they should have no problem with that because Islam is still allowed to be propagated!

Why isn't the current turmoil and lawlessness and chaos , not enough ? :azn:

The Father of the Nation belonged to that sect , never created Pakistan for selected ' purified ' Muslims .

Its not that they are banned from practicing their shia faith but banned from promoting it in Malaysia............I am happy that Malaysian government is straight forward and honest and consider shias as deviants.

Your iranis itself wont allow any tabligh by muslims in their country , in fact they are very harsh on muslims of sistan and balochistan province.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom