What's new

Malaysia rejects Indian Tejas and picks Korean FA-50

EhLGAnVWAAEgOQl.jpg

Even the Indian Air Force if given a real opportunity wouldn’t pick the LCA Tejas. The only reason they are reluctantly inducting limited numbers is due to political pressures centered around national pride despite the air craft being decades behind schedule and not meeting the requirements of a modern Air Force.

Tejas is being rammed into the throat of Indian Airforce by Indian government.

If Indian Airforce has freedom, they will not touch it with a barge pole.

The article says Tejas is about to be picked.

RMAF has already picked the korean fighter. What Indians are saying is that they will put pressure on Malaysian government to choose Tejas instead. Not going to happen.

Even the Indian Air Force if given a real opportunity wouldn’t pick the LCA Tejas. The only reason they are reluctantly inducting limited numbers is due to political pressures centered around national pride despite the air craft being decades behind schedule and not meeting the requirements of a modern Air Force.
A 'flawed' aircraft even the Indian free press reports. Initially the IAF was going to deploy these way in the South away from any theater of likely operations. And with only 60% availability. May be the Malaysians read this. I hope the entire IAF gets equipped with these...

4 year old article

And with only 60% availability. May be the Malaysians read this. I hope the entire IAF gets equipped with these...
Any source/link to validate your claim?

Some people must have started getting chest pain by now due to chest thumping. That will reduce hopefully, with both failing to secure the Malaysian deal.

As far as toilets go, both the countries are in dumps.

Time to come out of chest beating and focus on reducing this dumping in the open.

Last edited:
Too old statistics. After Modi came to power he made it a priority to make sure everyone has access to sanitation facilities.
Bhai sharminda hone ka baad, khamoshi is best policy.....
Haar-jeet mey kya sharminda. You improve and work on your short comings....Tejas is not tested in real battle, so has disadvantage over rivals which have been tested. Give it time,

whats good to go is some country do pick LCA. with so many goodies it has from around the world, i would love to see how they handle the after sales services for that client. once the customer is rejected for any of that component will not only nail the coffin but will set an example for the world to know.

4 year old article

Any source/link to validate your claim?

Like the F16 claim, the claim of shoddy Jf17 was debunked. Taiwan Times is salty at China. Purely propaganda. I mean that faulty jet has some how accrued 150,000+ flying hours now whilst conducting combat sorties. Wonder how many combat sorties the Tejas did let alone flying hours?

Has anyone considered that Malaysia can use same weapons on their old F-18s and new KA-50s. I think engine maintenance is also similar.

This type of inter operability was not offered by JF-17.

Korea is anyday more advanced country and can be trusted many folds over India who has just entered in this defence export field..... I won't blame Malaysia.... They have full right to choose the best for their country.... Koreans have an access to many critical technologies from US similarly like Japan and NATO forces which India can only dream about.... If I was Malaysian I would too have choosen the best for Malaysia....

Korea is anyday more advanced country and can be trusted many folds over India who has just entered in this defence export field..... I won't blame Malaysia.... They have full right to choose the best for their country.... Koreans have an access to many critical technologies from US similarly like Japan and NATO forces which India can only dream about.... If I was Malaysian I would too have choosen the best for Malaysia....
According to some Media outlet South Korea Selected FA-50 fighter jet in its LCA tender,but it already has hit a roadblock after the Malaysian finance ministry objected to the deal since the Koreans had offered the sale of 18 jets at RM 4.2 billion,way above the Chinese bid of JF-17 at RM 3.4 Bn and India’s indigenously built Tejas-Mk-1/1A at RM 3.75 Bn when the state budget for the deal was only 3.5 billion Ringgit Malaysia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom