What's new

Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower is an insult to Islam and to taste

How much of the development was truly for the spiritual Muslim when the Abbasids, Fatimids and Ottomans built luxurious architecture? As in very luxurious architecture that only a few lucky Muslims ever managed to visit? Are symbols of such extravagance really necessary next to the holiest spiritual site in Islam, a Deen which stresses on Zakaat and austerity?

You see what I did here?

Not quite mate. Firstly, because my own knowledge in these matters is very limited and I'm in the process of learning Islamic History one tiny bit at a time. I don't quite know how receptive the Abbasids or Ottomans were towards Mecca.

Secondly, because the previous architecture there, from what I could garner from older pics, did not really look luxurious, dominating and exclusive. But that giant tower does look intimidating, and it being a 5 star hotel also doesn't help it's image I guess.

@Multani

There are only 3 McDonalds "restaurants" in Makkah. You cannot see any McDonalds from the Masjid al-Haram. So what are you exactly talking about?

Have you forgot that Makkah is not a village but one of the bigger cities of the ME?

Besides I am against fast food chains especially foreign but people of the ME love it so nothing to do.
Besides i dont think McDonnalds in KSA serves non halal products and the employees are most probably muslims so whats the problem?

@al-Hasani are you sure round raised platform is temporary? cause second floor (beneath first one) of that round platform was about to be open next month.

And who ever has a problem with MAcdonald, KFC can go to AL-BAIK which is saudi own muslim macdonald.

Last edited:
@Multani

There are only 3 McDonalds "restaurants" in Makkah. You cannot see any McDonalds from the Masjid al-Haram. So what are you exactly talking about?

Have you forgot that Makkah is not a village but one of the bigger cities of the ME?

Besides I am against fast food chains especially foreign but people of the ME love it so nothing to do.

A few months ago I dreamt that the Abraj al-Bait collapsed.:o:

ma sha Allah, I knew you had this feeling in you. After all, you are a Hasani, from the Prophet's family. salAllaho alaihi wa alihi wa salam

al-Hasani is an excellent brother! I knew it!

ma sha Allah, I knew you had this feeling in you. After all, you are a Hasani, from the Prophet's family. salAllaho alaihi wa alihi wa salam

al-Hasani is an excellent brother! I knew it!

? Wait a second I am not hoping for any collapse.

Not quite mate. Firstly, because my own knowledge in these matters is very limited and I'm in the process of learning Islamic History one tiny bit at a time. I don't quite know how receptive the Abbasids or Ottomans were towards Mecca.

Secondly, because the previous architecture there, from what I could garner from older pics, did not really look luxurious, dominating and exclusive. But that giant tower does look intimidating, and it being a 5 star hotel also doesn't help it's image I guess.

Point taken and opinion respected.

Besides i dont think McDonnalds in KSA serves non halal products and the employees are most probably muslims so whats the problem?

Well, I see no problem but if I had power I would ban fast food chains because it is unhealthy and people get obese by eating it which is obviously bad.

@al-Hasani are you sure round raised platform is temporary? cause second floor (beneath first one) of that round platform was about to be open next month.

From what I am aware of it is temporary unless plans have changed?

@Arabian Legend ?

The tower should have been further spaced from the Ka'aba if you ask me.

Maybe.

And who ever has a problem to MAcdonald, KFC can go to AL-BAIK which is saudi own muslim macdonald.

Al-Baik is very tasty indeed. It really is.

There is nothing wrong with making Makkah and Madina self sustaining economic cities. I agree with your later points though we live in 21st century and modern engineering is the answer to the challenges it poses in regards to Hajjaj ability to interact with the two holy cities.

I too agree that development cannot be ignored and newer infrastructure has to be built to cater to a larger traffic in coming years. It's just that the proximity of that monstrous tower to the Masjid Al Haram is a bit unnerving.

@IamBengali

Please post your two photos again. The last photo I have not seen from that angle.

I asked you a question but you ignored it again. Please answer it.

Abraj-al-Bait-Towers.JPG

Makkah_clock_tower_1.jpg

@al-Hasani There is not a single proper dine in around Haram sharif, not a single Pakistani, Turkish arabic restaurant serving proper lunch or dinner dishes. . 99 percent restaurants are fast food and I am annoyed by this thing, why town planner didn't think about this instead of renting properties to fast food chains ?

The second you posted.

I ask again. Do you know how the final expansion is going to look like and the areas surrounding Masjid al-Haram. It is a genuine question and you should know before criticizing.

@mafiya I hear that there soon will be and pilgrims should raise this criticism because I will when I return.

As long as the Mc Donalds is far far away from the Haram Shareef. The problem is that it is a symbol of greed and wantonness. Diseases of the heart. They are contrary to the perceived general sacredness of the Haram Shareef. I am not pointing out McDonalds. Just the commercialization of the Haram area of Makkah.

The Turks did not want Gezi Park becoming a mall.

People come to Haram Shareef to change their lives, to be spiritual. Not to indulge in the same ego activities they were indulging in back home. This is common sense. There are examples of sacred sites from all around the world, but generally this is the case.

Back
Top Bottom