What's new

Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower is an insult to Islam and to taste

the tower looks beautiful ,nothing wrong with it, though I agree, accommodation's should be affordable so that everybody can perform the pilgrims, expansion of Masjid-Al Haram is necessary to cater to the growing populations of the pilgrims
& what's wrong with having McDonald's ? as long as its halal is just fine
so chill & enjoy a big mac

@al-Hasani bro I was among the first customer to get my hands on a MacDonald's burger when it opened in Corniche , in Jeddah , I also loved al-dewans & pizza sheikh, fun times pizza (barty time with the garals !) ,tazej & the one & only al baik , man just loved that broast !

what a conceited and bashful post, i must say

and of course you might be one of those born and raised Canadians, who would find not much in common, when a Pakistani raised Muslim comes right next to live with you near your home in Canada, and befriend you

tim hortons, starbucks, second cup can all go down the drain:rofl:

Last edited:
Hajj becomes farz once one has the means and has the physical/mental ability to carry it out.

And for those who have the resources to reach there – [the House of their Lord] – on them is an obligation to perform for Allah the Hajj of this House. (3:97)

The same Quran tells us not to build luxurious and large buildings on earth .......

In general, there are many direct and indirect references to different forms of buildings in the Quran. The verb bana and its derivations recur in many verses and refer to God as the perfect builder of heaven and other constructions in Paradise, while in many other verses it applies to what is built by people or to metaphoric uses. Bunyan marsus in Q61:4 means a building that its walls are strongly constructed and cemented with well-cut, but it describes metaphorically the array and tenacity of Muslim fighters in holy war. Two kinds of buildings, aya and masani’, are mentioned in Q26:128-129 in context with the ancient people of ‘Ad “What, do you build on every prominence a sign –aya-, sporting, and do you take to you castles –masani’-, haply to dwell forever?” Aya means a sign in the form of whatsoever high construction, probably a tower. While masaniÝ are explained as high palaces and fortresses built well.

Tabarsi considered both verses as indicating repugnance at every unnecessary building, and he supported this view with the Prophetic tradition “Every unnecessary building will harm his owner in the last day.” Ibn Kathir expressed the same view by relying on the reprimand that Abu al-DardaÞ, a companion of the Prophet, directed to the people of Damascus for their plenty of buildings and gardens. For some, in these verses there is a disallowance of building for pleasure usually done by profligates.

The same sense is repeated in other passages addressing another old people, Thamud. Q26:149 “Hewing your dwellings in the mountains and leading a wanton life?” probably, they built large palaces. Q7:74 says “And remember when He … lodged you in the land, taking to yourselves castles of its plains, and hewing its mountains into houses.” The keyword in the last verses is tanhitun, literally means to hew or to cut in solid substances. The exegetes explained naht (hewing) as the act of building winter houses of stone in hilly regions, while summerhouses were built of mud and bricks and are of shorter age than those of stone. More interesting, Qurtubi related that those who legalized the magnificent building such as palaces based their attitude, among others on Q7:74”. They supported this view with a tradition from the Prophet saying “If God bestowed someone He likes to see the effect of his grace on him.” Therefore, nice building is one of the effects of God's grace. Others, QurÔubÐ continued, rejected this view relying on the traditions like “If God wants to harm someone He will make him waste his money on clay and bricks” i.e. on building, “One who builds more than his need will have to carry it on his neck, “every disbursement of the believers will be rewarded by God except what he disburses on building and sin,” and “The Children of Adam has no right except in house to dwell, a dress to cover his pudina, bread and water.”.........

It is clear that the above verses present luxurious and large building on earth will not protect people from the Almighty God and will not be better than what God designated to His believers in Paradise. Q39:20 declare “but those who fear their Lord – for them await lofty chambers, underneath which rivers flow”. It is spoken with magnificent buildings and multi-story palaces and houses, built and decorated with gold, silver, pearls and corundum, all will be in the service of the believers in Paradise. In spite of the negative attitude in the verses cannot deduce from them any strict judgment, nor Ibn al-ÝArabÐ considered them as of legal implications (ayÁt al- aÎkÁm). In any rate, the importance of the verses is double: on one hand, they somehow present some general ideas and forms of architecture that existed in the far past: building of winter houses and summerhouses, the technique of cutting of stones and the need to do things perfectly and magnificently. The interpretations reflect also something of the forms and construction materials used in Islamic world in the time of the exegetes. On the other hand, some aristocratic Muslims like the Umayyads, used the verses, especially Q7:74, to impart legitimacy to their magnificent palaces. Their claim was: If God permitted glorious houses to the ancient people, it should be also permitted to Muslims, a pretense that the majority of the theologians rejected. In contrast with them, most of the Muslim rulers accepted this claim in order to justify the splendid religious and secular architectural and artistic projects that they initiated in their lands.

Ibn e Kathir , 3: 330. Similar reprimand was directed to Muaviyyah as governor of Syria and later to Uthman, the third caliph, by the Prophet's companion Abu Dhar Ghaffari when he noticed the plethora of buildings in Madina and, consequently, decided to leave the city and moved to nearby Rabadha. See on this al-ÓabarÐ, TÁrÐkh, 4: 283-285. According to YaÝqÙbÐ, TÁrÐkh, 2: 232-233, the caliph Muaviyyah asked one day the MuÎaddith AbdullÁh bin Umar: "How do you see our buildings in Damascus? AbdullÁh bin Umar answered: “If you made this from the money of God then you are traitor and if it from your personal money you are from the profligates.”

Last edited:
21st century solutions for 21st century problems. They can't demolish everything and replace them with outdated structures just because they look good. There will be almost 2 billion Muslims in the world by 2030 which means a large increase in the number of pilgrims which demands structural upgrades to take them in. Would you rather be roaming in a 21st century looking structure which keeps you safe or get killed while doing the Sai'i ?

What is the point of Makka Tower by building at the footsteps of the mosque? You cannot argue its merits, sure it is modern and todays requirement for new hotels. But this close? Might aswell put a rope so i could just hitch it and land directly into the mosque.

Location is not right, atleast not this close.

what a conceited and bashful post, i must say

and of course you might be one of those born and raised Canadians, who would find not much in common, when a Pakistani raised Muslim comes right next to live with you near your home in Canada, and befriend you

tim hortons, star bucks, second up can all go down the drain:rofl:

hell yeh ! how did you know ? & yes I do find them quiet annoying to be honest, you see my friend, third world mentality are not my type got it eh..
& by the way I was raised in Jeddah KSA, & secondly I am a proud CANADIAN
& thirdly my favorite is Krispy Kreme's glazed doughnuts & villa Al-Medina's chicken shwarma's !

:omghaha:
hell yeh ! how did you know ? & yes I do find them quiet annoying to be honest, you see my friend, third world mentality are not my type got it eh..
& by the way I was raised in Jeddah KSA, & secondly I am a proud CANADIAN
& thirdly my favorite is Krispy Kreme's glazed doughnuts & villa Al-Medina's chicken shwarma's !

you probably came to Canada and did high school here, enough to poison your mind with the disease of non-existence of humility

Now listen to the big news. Krispy Kremes AIN'T HALAL. :omghaha:

Last edited:
Hajj becomes farz once one has the means and has the physical/mental ability to carry it out.

And for those who have the resources to reach there – [the House of their Lord] – on them is an obligation to perform for Allah the Hajj of this House. (3:97)

Hi,

No---it is not farz for me---my people are poor and I will help them---let Allah be the judge of my sincerety.

And you know----on the day of judgement---the Lord will say---you performed this haj just to show off.

What I fear the most is that any sin committed after performing haj would have a multiplier effect---and being the sinner I am---I would rather have lesser charges ie infractions rather than felonies.

So I am at multan Daewoo bus stand at 10:30 at night this february---my brother in law did not get the call to come pick me up---so this old guy comes upto me and asks if I needed a private taxi---after a little hesitation I said ok---he said he would charge 700 Rs---I wanted to bargain then said what the heck---he walks to the most beat up car that there was---the body was dented---the pain worn out---the seats were torn--wire hanging down the steering column---no keys---'direct ignition start by touching two wires--
-there were other newer taxis standing next to his taxi--for a moment a thought came to my mind to switch over to the newer taxi---then the fear of Allah hits me---it was his destiny to get me---after I had travelled halfway around the world and he walks up to me---what are the chances----the distance was not far---maybe 7--8 miles---so I was okay.

So---during the drive he starts talking wants to know where I was coming from---I don't want to give any info---he suggests if I am coming from saudia----I sort of agree---he then asks " HAD YOU PERFORMED HAJJ "----now that was my moment to ask him that question---and due to my being tired I missed it----. He was poor----family and kids living in vehari---he is renting this taxi from someone---in the trunk is a blanket which he uses to sleep in the car at night. So he takes me to my house and I give him a good tip more than his fare----.

What I forgot to ask him was to be the judge---" him the poor man----what would he suggest---me perform hajj---or give him the money to buy a newer taxi to feed his family "---he would have been the ultimate judge of this conundrum and wopuld have set me free.

Allah gave me the oppurtunity to ask this question and I failed---I have been really disappointed at myself since then.

So---till next time---next trip to homeland.

Last edited:
:omghaha:

you probably came to Canada and did high school here, enough to poison your mind with the disease of non-existence of humility

Now listen to the big news. Krispy Kremes are NOT HALAL. :omghaha:
Really :what: Oh my GOD ! oh ok then, haram will do just fine, dude when I am hungry, I grab a bigmac for lounch say Bismillah & eat it & when I am done i say Al Humdulillah, & you re talking about doughnuts ! :woot:
see I told you, third world mentality is not my type

Hi,

No---it is not faraz for me---my people are poor and I will help them---let Allah be the judge of my sincerety.

And you know----on the day of judgement---the Lord will say---you performed this haj just to show off.

What I fear the most is that any sin committed after performing haj would have a multiplier effect---and being the sinner I am---I would rather have lesser charges ie infractions rather than felonies.

So I am at multan Daewoo bus stand at 10:30 at night this february---my brother in law did not get the call to come pick me up---so this old guy comes upto me and asks if I needed a private taxi---after a little hesitation I said ok---he said he would charge 700 Rs---I wanted to bargain then said what the heck---he walks to the most beat up car that there was---the body was dented---the pain worn out---the seats were torn--wire hanging down the steering column---no keys---'direct ignition start by touching two wires--
-there were other newer taxis standing next to his taxi--for a moment a thought came to my mind to switch over to the newer taxi---then the fear of Allah hits me---it was his destiny to get me---after I had travelled halfway around the world and he walks up to me---what are the chances----the distance was not far---maybe 7--8 miles---so I was okay.

So---during the drive he starts talking wants to know where I was coming from---I don't want to give any info---he suggests if I am coming from saudia----I sort of agree---he then asks " HAD YOU PERFORMED HAJJ "----now that was my moment to ask him that question---and due to my being tired I missed it----. He was poor----family and kids living in vehari---he is renting this taxi from someone---in the trunk is a blanket which he uses to sleep in the car at night. So he takes me to my house and I give him a good tip more than his fare----.

What I forgot to ask him was to be the judge---" him the poor man----what would he suggest---me perform hajj---or give him the money to buy a newer taxi to feed his family "---he would have been the ultimate judge of this conundrum and wopuld have set me free.

Allah gave me the oppurtunity to ask this question and I failed---I have been really disappointed at myself since then.

So---till next time---next trip to homeland.
Im not saying that you can't help people out im just saying that once someone has the means to go to hajj it becomes an obligation to go. You dont have to go the exact second when you qualify for hajj. It should atleast be on a muslims radar rather than saying that one is never going to perform the hajj. After all it is one of the 5 pillars of islam.

ANYWAY THIS IS OFF TOPIC.

Im not saying that you can't help people out im just saying that once someone has the means to go to hajj it becomes an obligation to go. You dont have to go the exact second when you qualify for hajj. It should atleast be on a muslims radar rather than saying that one is never going to perform the hajj. After all it is one of the 5 pillars of islam.

ANYWAY THIS IS OFF TOPIC.

Thank you---well as of now the FARZ is in a suspended state---never say never----but it will stay suspended for now and future. I wish most muslims start making this sacrifice of the self and donate thgeir hajj money to the poor and when they get more money for hajj---they donate that as well---.

@IamBengali as we know him.

The thing that you call "a round structure" is temporary. It's constructed so disabled people on wheelchairs can encircle the Kaaba as you can see by looking at the people walking on it. It will be there as long as the expansion work is taking place.

Do you even have any idea how the Masjid al-Haram is going to look like when finished and the area around it?

Another troll thread by your likes.

its temporary?? are you sure... thats great, I really really didnt like it..

Why did Saudi Govt. build 5 star clock tower in Kaaba? It has harmed the heritage so much. Also the hotel looks so ugly. Don't they have decent architect? They need to understand Ka'aba is not a place to have a 5 star hotel in the complex. This hotel also has a shopping mall, party hall. Who knows may be dance party hall. Kaaba is a place for worship. Expand the area but do it in a way to ensure the site maintains its religious and cultural significance. Its not a property of only Saudis. Its a property of whole Muslim world. Saudi Govt. is just the caretaker of the site. Don't ruin such sacred site by constructing 5 star hotel. Also the round structure they are constructing in Ka'aba making the site even more narrow rather than wide. They are slowly turning it a multistory building.

This tower is currently one of the ugliest architectures in the world.

Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower is an insult to Islam and to taste

Let me introduce you to the Abraj Al-Bait Towers, also known as the The Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower.

The Abraj Al-Bait Towers are like a giant middle finger to taste and elegance

This is probably the most hideous monstrosity and insult to elegance and taste in human architectural history. They scaled up London’s Big Ben to 2000 feet and made it into a seven star super posh hotel. It hangs over the Masjid al-Haram, the holiest site in islam. (and you thought the “ground zero mosque” was bad)

Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower is an insult to Islam and to taste | Adventures of Carbon Atoms

The Saudis have spoiled Mecca – but the British Museum doesn’t want you to know

And the situation in Mecca is worsening: Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah plans to redevelop the centre of the holy city into “high-rises and shopping malls”. Mecca's mayor, Osama al-Bar, justifies all this by saying that “a tower is very much like a mountain in its height”. Never before have "mountains" looked so garish and distressingly ugly.

The most shocking details – which Nick Cohen and Mehdi Hasan have also written about – are to do with the destruction of sites that were once considered extremely holy by many Muslims. They were razed because the Wahhabis, who conquered Mecca in 1924, believe that “revering structures with ties to the Prophet can lead to idolatrous practices”. To that end, the house of Mohammed’s wife, Khadijah, was destroyed – and in its place now is a “complex of hundreds of bathrooms”. The prophet’s own birthplace was first turned into a cattle market, then a public library.

The Saudis have spoiled Mecca – but the British Museum doesn’t want you to know – Telegraph Blogs

The round structure made the site even narrower.

Kaaba+New+Wallpapers+Collection+%284%29.jpg
lolz...... is there anything in this world thats not insolent to islam?

Back
Top Bottom