What's new

Memories of 1984 Sikh Genocide and Denial of Justice continue to traumatize and infur

If Khalistan is history, then the Indian PM must be past his shelf life and suffering from flash backs.

Revival of Khalistan movement alarms PM. - Free Online Library

He expressed a fear. And that fear is largely based on foreign elements. Isn't that what the Indian posters have been saying all along?

And you seem like an old member. Why dont you go back and check past threads on Khalistan? I am sure you'd find Indian Sikh members posting the exact same arguments. Its just that Pakistani members have appointed themselves the saviors of minorities in India and cant see the reality.

They should call it the Dharmic marriage act. That will cover Sikh, Jain, Buddha and Sanatan Dharma.

I disagree. I dont see any reason why a religion can't have its own marriage act as per our constitution. Muslims and Christians have theirs, so why make an exception for the Sikhs?

I disagree. I dont see any reason why a religion can't have its own marriage act as per our constitution. Muslims and Christians have theirs, so why make an exception for the Sikhs?

with due respect, im strictly against making any special laws for any particular religion.
if u make a special law for one particular religion, then u should do it for all other religions too.

the best way is to have one common civil code through out the country, and every citizen has to abide by that law.

i support separate marrige act for sikhs, this is not a big issue & govt. should pass it immediately. after all it matter of identity crisis.

with due respect, im strictly against making any special laws for any particular religion.
if u make a special law for one particular religion, then u should do it for all other religions too.

the best way is to have one common civil code through out the country, and every citizen has to abide by that law.

I understand your point. But the argument here is that such laws already exist. So there's no harm in creating another. And it only concerns marriage. Its not like Sikhs would have separate courts or laws for everything.

And the deeper issue here is the insecurity that every minority person feels. As a minority religion, Sikhism would want to protect its uniqueness and identity. The govt. should be mindful of that. And the upside to creating the Act would be that it would remove separatist feelings amongst some. It would also give one less reason for foreign separatists to try and incite Sikhs in Punjab.

Listen to Arundathi, Geelani: Sikh organisations

Rally%2Bon%2BWorld%2BHuman%2BRights%2BDay%2Bin%2BAmritsar-758618.jpg

Amritsar: On World Human Rights Day, hundreds of activists associated with Dal Khalsa and All India Sikh Students Federation today marched on the streets of Amritsar to protest against the human rights abuses of Sikhs in the last 3 decades. Mostly youth, they chanted slogans condemning the suppression of Sikh rights and sought release of all political prisoners and restoration of their rights. They rued that no guilty police officer responsible for persecution of Sikhs have been brought to book. They took the state government to task for embolding the police force with brute powers. On one of the placard it was written: Untrammeled power is dangerous in their (police) hands.

Interestingly, they were also carrying placards with snaps of Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Arundhati Roy. "Listen to them- don't gag their voices" was depicted on it.

Kashmir Watch :: In-depth coverage on Kashmir conflict

No one can explain why Punjab is one of the well off states in India, and why Sikh are one of the wealthest groups like the Jains, Parsis, etc.The movement is dead in India, go to Indian army picture thread. And look how many are willing to fight for India.

The once that support is like 1% of the population. This is simple wet dreams..

Sure. If the name is an issue, and if significant number of Sikhs want a separate name for the law, then I think that should be agreed to. Although ultimately how to get married should be an individual choice - any couple should be able to get married under any law by mutual agreement.

From Guru Nanak's Bichittar (i.e. Vichitra) Natak (from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib - The Bedi and the Sodhi Dynasties) –

The ancestors of Sikh Gurus were the rulers of Punjab. They were descendents of Solar Dynasty of Kshatriyas. Raghu and Aj were not only great rulers, but were also great scholars of this Dynasty. King Aj bestowed his empire and throne on Dasrath, who also became the great archer. He married three wives, the first son was Ram Chander, the second, Bharat, the third Lachhmn, and the fourth Shatrughan. They ruled for a long time. Ram Chander married Sita. From this union two sons were born, Lav and Kush. Sita’s sons, Lav and Kush, both became kings. Two cities were raised in Punjab, one by Lav, Lahore, and the other by Kush, Kasur. Both became very famous. Kush and lav reigned for a long time. Their sons and grandsons also became rulers. It is mentioned that Kush’s descendent, Kalket and Lav’s decendent, Kalrai had innumerable sons. Kalket possessed peerless strength, and expelled Kalrai from the city of Lahore. He fled to Sanaudh country (south of Delhi), where he married the king’s daughter. The son born in his house of that marriage was named Sodhi Rai. The Sodhi clan began from that time The sons and grandsons, who sprung from Sodhi Rai, were all called Sodhis; the Almighty Lord extended the clan further. They became very distinguished among men and their wealth increased day by day. They exercised independent sway and conquered the kings of many countries. (29). They spread religion every where, caused umbrellas to wave over their heads. Sodi Rai, who had become a king, had two sons, named Jagat Rai and Prithvi Rai. Appointing Prithvi Rai as Raja, Sodhi Rai took his elder son Jagat Rai and made invasion of Lahore. They remembered the old enmity and wished to avenge themselves by retaking Lahore. They took Lahore after a bloody battle. The serviving members of the Kush family fled to kanshi (Banaras). There they expounded the Vedas and became the readers of Vedas. Those of the expelled descendents of Kush, who read the Vedas were called Baidies. They carefully attended to their religious duties. Their fame reached their cousin brothers, the Sodhis, ruling in Lahore. The king of Lahore dispatched Baidies a conciliatory letter, to forget enmity that prevailed among them. The king’s messenger arrived in Banaras , and explained the contents of the missive to all the Baidies. Upon this all the readers of the Vedas proceeded to Punjab. And on their arrival made obeisance to the King. He caused them to recite the Vedas. While all his brethern were seated near him in assembly, the Baidi chief recited Sam Ved, the Yujar Ved, then the Rig Ved, making gesticulations with their hands, and finally the Atharav Ved. The King was pleased and gave them all the possessions. He elected to live in a forest. On giving them his kingdom he assumed the garb of a Rishi. The people tried to restrain him, but he dismissed all regret, and absorbed himself in God’s Love.

The Baidi Chief was pleased on obtaining the kingdom and in the joy of his heart blessed the Sodhi King, saying: “When I will come in the Kal Age under the name of Nanak, I will make you worthy of worship in the world, and you shall attain the highest dignity. After hearing the first three Vedas from us you got totally absorbed in love of God, and on hearing the fourth Veda you have given your kingdom. After having assumed three births (in Kal Age), in my fourth I will make you the Guru.” (Verse 9, Chapter 4).

Kutt@_Bimar said:

Uniform Civil code ftw! We won't be truly secular until that happens

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom