What's new

Mobile Ringing during a war operation !!!

Spear

New Recruit

Reaction score
Well I was kind of little concerned that are the pakistan regular army soldiers allowed to use the mobile ! like the word "use" same as our civilians dose !!!

What is during some operation some ones mobile ringed and damn you blown your cover. Or they give orders like please silent your mobiles we are entering enemy territory? and what about the military intelligence headache ! how are they going to Tab-Servalince-Records all those mobiles !!!

Please share your views about mobile usage in Army specifically foot soldiers.
:police::pop:

haha hmmhmh

well I want to know if there is some pact rule abour mobiles (comercial mobiles).
coz I think the communication zap had effected almost every profession.

haha hmmhmh

well I want to know if there is some pact rule abour mobiles (comercial mobiles).
coz I think the communication zap had effected almost every profession.

It may have impacted other professions, however in the Armed Forces, Operational Security is a difference between success and failure of the mission. Thus such things are not taken lightly.

Well I was kind of little concerned that are the pakistan regular army soldiers allowed to use the mobile ! like the word "use" same as our civilians dose !!!

What is during some operation some ones mobile ringed and damn you blown your cover. Or they give orders like please silent your mobiles we are entering enemy territory? and what about the military intelligence headache ! how are they going to Tab-Servalince-Records all those mobiles !!!

Troops Buy Own, Insecure Radios for Iraq Duty
10-Jan-2005

Two-way radios aren’t standard equipment for every soldier, but the battlefield can be a confusing place. Now convoy troops and other soldiers in Iraq have resorted to buying simple off-the-shelf walkie-talkie units for use in Iraq. Commanders aren’t pleased with the practice, as it allows a great deal of insecure radio chatter that could make troops vulnerable to ambush. Mind you, the Army shouldn’t be surprised. During the USMC’s “Urban Warrior 98” exercise, similar devices called “ISRs” were one of the big hits with the Marines.

To address this issue, FCW.com reports that 40,000 secure radios are being rushed (should arrive in Q1 or Q2 of 2005) to Iraq. Each brigade is to receive about 1,000 IC-F43G radios at a cost of about $1,200 per unit. An army spokesperson said the Army also started an emergency procurement of about 20,000 single-channel air/ground units that operate in the 30 MHz to 80MHz range. Those cost between $6,000 and $14,000 a piece. They are supposed to hit Iraq at a rate of about 300 per month until February, when the rate should increase into the thousands per month. See also FCW.com: Troops in Iraq buy own radios
Source: Troops Buy Own, Insecure Radios for Iraq Duty

It signals a need among the troops that isn't yet materially fullfilled.

Very valid topic to discuss on, this reminds me some clips on ARY when one soldier was talking on his cell phone with his assualt rifle on the other hand. I wish if I could tell you the date and exact area.

This is not Boy Scout, its an professional Army, use your head man!

And for the 'normal' cell usage, no one stops you, unless your cross the 'common sense' line!

Exactly

Whats that line for soldiers !!!
As i had mentioned in start about military operations and military intelligence headache about mobile servailence ???!!!

Exactly

Whats that line for soldiers !!!
As i had mentioned in start about military operations and military intelligence headache about mobile servailence ???!!!

Well what made you think that someone would be telling you about the 'line' on a public forum?

There are certain 'restrictions' on 'type' and usage of cell phones, but you got to be an insider to know that:)

Haah

I though some one more 'sophisticated' person should answer the question. Not necessarily be some one insider. mhmh

Haah

I though some one more 'sophisticated' person should answer the question. Not necessarily be some one insider. mhmh

Respect
is the name of the game.

Mr Spear, You need to learn some manners, and ettiquetes while talking to 'insider',
Remember, you owe ur life to them.
Pakistan Armed Forces Zindabad:pakistan:

well i guess you did'nt understood the point. i said to answer this you need not to be the insider !!!

i know the game name, but just dont use it to add one more star in your fame. ;)

simple answer.. NO GO..

only comms links are those as per ops requirements. No calls back to mummy for a bit of consoling.

Some militaries ban cameras even in the wire and definitely ban mobile phones outside the wire. Here ban means ban, that is, a military offense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom