What's new

Modi's 'Mad Dog Posture' - Credible threat or a populist farce?

Let's try to turn this around a bit - just as a thought experiment for my Pakistani friends.

Lets use mad-dog/mad-pig/lady-dog epithet to describe some leader who Pakistani's respect. Say their COAS for instance or Mr. Jinnah.

so lets say, we start a thread with title (purely hypothetical - no disrespect to the good general or to Mr. Jinnah): Will Raheel Sharif's rabid-pig posture lead to War in South Asia? or Is (Insert Pakistan's founder's name here) greedy-pig posture responsible for South Asian conflicts?

Would you for a moment not consider it as an insult? Would you really expect that the person starting such a thread intended a serious discussion and wasn't trolling? Also, if you find such an adjective used to describe your leader as offensive - then do remember that the pendulum swings both ways. There is an old saying about doing unto others.

If you insult our leaders/country/religion/icons, we are capable of responding in kind - it is just that most of us choose not to fall down to that level.

PS: Edited to remove Mr. Jinnah's name from the bolded part. The intention again, is not to insult him, but to simply point out the absurdity of the title of this thread.

Let's try to turn this around a bit - just as a thought experiment for my Pakistani friends.

Lets use mad-dog/mad-pig/lady-dog epithet to describe some leader who Pakistani's respect. Say their COAS for instance or Mr. Jinnah.

so lets say, we start a thread with title (purely hypothetical - no disrespect to the good general or to Mr. Jinnah): Will Raheel Sharif's rabid-pig posture lead to War in South Asia? or Is Jinnah's greedy-pig posture responsible for South Asian conflicts?

Would you for a moment not consider it as an insult? Would you really expect that the person starting such a thread intended a serious discussion and wasn't trolling? Also, if you find such an adjective used to describe your leader as offensive - then do remember that the pendulum swings both ways. There is an old saying about doing unto others.

If you insult our leaders/country/religion/icons, we are capable of responding in kind - it is just that most of us choose not to fall down to that level.
--
remove name of Jinnah..
i agree with your point but as per policy of PDF father of nation of both countires should not be degraded/abuse

--
remove name of Jinnah..
i agree with your point but as per policy of PDF father of nation of both countires should not be degraded/abuse

Indian members here insult Mao on a daily basis. And every other Chinese leader.

They call our current leader "Eleven ping pong".

Do you ever see us complaining about it?

Indian members here insult Chairman Mao on a daily basis. And every other Chinese leader.

--
1. Mao
if same thing happened .. i apologize behalf of my fellow indians
if that is so.. please write to MOD to add in Policy that inclduing gandhi and jinnah MAO also be in same list ...
@Horus @Chak Bamu @Oscar@webmaster
Can we add Mao Zedong in list of father of nation which should not be abuse / degraded

2. Head of state ..
Please be clear on calling, naming Head of state ..
i wrote it last time also but either ignored or decision awaited.
Respect is dered to Head of state ..
Same happens in Human / civil society..
having opinion is one thing .. you have right to have it
but
no right to abuse .. seems this is given free hand on same issue
Mods are culprit too in this.. sorry that a sad fact

these issue
setting bad precedent for PDF ..
upload_2014-10-25_22-27-5.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_Zedong

And now you have a mad dog as your PM, congrats, the best thing that has ever happened, regarding indian enemies.
how would you feel if I call Jinnah as a mad dog ? If you want respect for your leaders, learn to follow a basic decorum of communication. I mean surely one or more moderators can come along and ban me if I reciprocate and call Jinnah a mad dog, but then defence.pk is a very small part of the social network on internet and Indians can call Jinnah a mad dog in reciprocation in many other places which are visited by most of Pakistanis on this forum and get away with it.

Wont it be better if we try and stay away from calling Modi and Jinnah as mad dogs and stick to a more civil discussions. Abusing anyway will not lead anywhere.

Indian members here insult Mao on a daily basis. And every other Chinese leader.

They call our current leader "Eleven ping pong".

--
it more happned becuse lack of knowledge of chinese system
but it never done by deliberate design

how would you feel if I call Jinnah as a mad dog ? If you want respect for your leaders, learn to follow a basic decorum of communication. I mean surely one or more moderators can come along and ban me if I reciprocate and call Jinnah a mad dog, but then defence.pk is a very small part of the social network on internet and Indians can call Jinnah a mad dog in reciprocation in many other places which are visited by most of Pakistanis on this forum and get away with it.

Wont it be better if we try and stay away from calling Modi and Jinnah as mad dogs and stick to a more civil discussions. Abusing anyway will not lead anywhere.
---
dear ...
that the problem..
PDF setting bad precedent..
leaders are respected by people (mostly)
PDF give free hand on modi .. dog and what not...
and lead by the Admin ..
--
i agree with your point PDF is small drop in internert
let not degrade those g8 people

--
PDF give free hand on modi .. dog and what not...
and lead by the Admin ..
--
i agree with your point PDF is small drop in internert
let not degrade those g8 people
This admin used to team up with windjammer and try to get into Indian defence forums to troll. What else do you expect ?

--
i raised same before.. but seem MOD is Deliberate sleep ..
its their decision where to take their ship ..

It doesn't take much to call names or insult someone's faith, beliefs etc. Says more about the person indulging in such behaviour and the person enabling it, than anything else. I am sure these guys (the topic-starter and the mod enabling him) are credit to their families and society at large. I hope they both have a great life ahead.

Nothing else to say on the matter.

Bravery doesn't run in your race. We know that.

Good, this will really help you become Muslim again. This is the ultimate proof of bravery. ;)

Continue trolling. Rest of your post is cow manure as usual. Is cow manure like gold in your country?:D

Well, the Sahih Hadhith would say that it is Camel urine that you must drink 5 times every day!

That is before wiping the behind with odd number of stones. :D

I used to have sympathy with Ahmedis, thought they were targeted unfairly.

Now I think sab ek thali ke chatte batte hain. ;)

It is a forum administrator who started this thread. There are people who lack basic decency and then seem to mind if a small fraction is given back.

There is no need to be so obsessed and hate filled. One needs to read Ali SIna etc. to see how people can be brainwashed so much.

--
1. Mao
if same thing happened .. i apologize behalf of my fellow indians
if that is so.. please write to MOD to add in Policy that inclduing gandhi and jinnah MAO also be in same list ...
@Horus @Chak Bamu @Oscar@WebMaster
Can we add Mao Zedong in list of father of nation which should not be abuse / degraded

Like I said, I never complained about it.

This is NOT a Chinese forum, and frankly asking Indians to stop insulting Chinese leaders is a joke, it will never happen. Even Indian news anchors say Eleven Pingpong.

So go ahead and enjoy it, they will never ban it on this forum, nor would I ask them to.

Like I said, I never complained about it.

This is NOT a Chinese forum, and frankly asking Indians to stop insulting Chinese leaders is a joke, it will never happen. Even Indian news anchors say Eleven Pingpong.

So go ahead and enjoy it, they will never ban it on this forum, nor would I ask them to.

So tell me some Chinese stereotype about Chinese from Hong Kong so that I can tease you with that ! :azn:

So tell me some Chinese stereotype about Chinese from Hong Kong so that I can tease you with that ! :azn:

Regional stereotypes in China are very common, too many to list. :lol:

As for Hong Kong, we get a similar stereotype to the Shanghainese, of being rich and snobby.

Like most stereotypes, I have not found this to be true. But people believe it anyway, so what can you do. :partay:

Regional stereotypes in China are very common, too many to list. :lol:

As for Hong Kong, we get a similar stereotype to the Shanghainese, of being rich and snobby.

Like most stereotypes, I have not found this to be true. But people believe it anyway, so what can you do. :partay:

Thats not much of a stereotype; check out the stereotype of my tribe/caste ! :D

The Tribe is Butt ! :lol:

No kidding...it really is that ! :ashamed:

So you can well imagine that people (at least those versed in English) have compared it with everything from the human behind to excessive consumption of food because most Butt are Foodies ! :D

Back
Top Bottom