What's new

Mohajir province need of the hour: MST

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is not true? are they not still called Mohajirs (migrants)? Refresh my knowledge if I am wrong.
its not the people, its AH and his members that call them self that, their party used to be called muhajir qaumi movement this is the reason why they are portrayed by this name every where

Indeed correct should be on administration basis not lingual a , in fact we should abolish the existing provinces names to start with Punjab to set example
Punjab means "the land of five rivers", Sind means "the land of Indus". These two name apparently dont have any ethinicity attached to them. The only two ethnicly named provinces are Baluchistan "Land of Baloch" and Khayber Pakhtoonkhaw "Land of Pukhtoons". We have seen recently that Hazara suba movement was a reaction of naming NWFP to KPK on ethnic basis. Its a chain reaction, when you do it once, you cant control the rest. Secondly, while we can make as much provinces as we can. The question is, with the financial situation that we have, can we afford more adminstrative expenses on new cabinets and new infrastructure?

Punjab means "the land of five rivers", Sind means "the land of Indus". These two name apparently dont have any ethinicity attached to them. The only two ethnicly named provinces are Baluchistan "Land of Baloch" and Khayber Pakhtoonkhaw "Land of Pukhtoons". We have seen recently that Hazara suba movement was a reaction of naming NWFP to KPK on ethnic basis. Its a chain reaction, when you do it once, you cant control the rest. Secondly, while we can make as much provinces as we can. The question is, with the financial situation that we have, can we afford more adminstrative expenses on new cabinets and new infrastructure?
Actually, dividing it into new provinces would lessen the cost. Right now, the people employed are not used efficiently thus the government is overstaffed. With small units, the efficiency will increase and the cost will actually fall

Language based States have been a success in India in protecting local cultures, languages and identity. I don't know what is the environment in Pakistan but in India we have no problem with it.

I came here to post the same thing, pretty much. Wouldn't it be better for Pakistan if we were modelled on the way India divides its states? Keeps everyone happy. Of course certain seperatist movements exist in India as well, but from what I have read and what I have been told they haven't been at their peak for 20-30 years now. We can all be proud Pakistanis and proud Sindhi/Punjabi/Pakhtun/Baloch/Muhajir/Baltistani/Kashmiri/Saraiki etc at the same time, and I believe seperatist movements will always be kept at bay as long as people are happy and see the benefit of staying within the union.

Mohajir province: Sharjeel Memon receives threatening letter

By Hafeez Tunio / Web Desk
Published: March 26, 2012

Memon tells The Express Tribune he receives same letters as Sassui Palejo had received. PHOTO: FILE
KARACHI: Former information minister Sharjeel Memon said on Monday that he had received a threatening letter for having supported a resolution against a separate province for Mohajirs.
Memon is currently in Dubai for some personal business.
Speaking to The Express Tribune, Memon said that he received the same letter as the ones Sindh Culture Minister Sassui Palejo had received.
Memon revealed that the letter was posted at his residence in Karachi from an address in Liaquatabad. The letter had stated that the former minister might have to face consequences if he does not move of out Karachi.
He also said that the sender’s name mentioned on the letter was ‘Tipu Sultan’ and that he belonged to Mohajir Suba Liberation Army (MSLA).
Memon said that it was a part of a bigger conspiracy and that the government will expose the culprits behind this act.
He said that he is not someone who would get scared of threats.
After graffiti emerged calling for a separate province, the matter was taken up in the house of elected representatives on March 9. MPAs of the Pakistan Peoples Party, Pakistan Muslim League-Functional and the National Peoples Party signed a resolution after emotionally charged speeches against the graffiti.
Palijo had said that she had started receiving threats the next day while she was attending the Bhanbhore conference. On March 11, the PML-F’s MPA Nusrat Sehar Abbasi was the first of the signatories to the resolution to say on the floor of the house that she was being terrorised too.
According to Palijo, the letter was couriered by a shadowy group, the MSLA, from an address in Liaquatabad, Karachi.
Palijo had also requested the Sindh High Court for an investigation. She had said the Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s deputy convenor, Federal Minister Farooq Sattar, has categorically stated that the party is against a geographical division of Sindh but he should also have expressed the same stance against an administrative division.

New provinces shall be made on administration bases not on lingual and ethnic basis.

exactly...!!

these feudal politicians only know how to continue the old tradition of divide and rule....its incredible how so many failed political parties bank on things like this, just to secure votes

there will be a time when all the people who were actually ''mohajir'' would be dead from old age.....we are already seeing an age where Afghan refugees give birth to children in Pakistan and are raised in Pakistan.....Pakistan is not some ethno-centric place. If you are a citizen of Pakistan then you are Pakistani. Simple as that

if you are not a citizen, then youre a foreigner. Lets please not get into mohajir or non-mohajir debates, its a complete useless waste of time

6zu2xc.png

Another case has been politicized. MQM supported KPK, Hazara and South Punjab with an ultimate aim of claiming Mohajir province. By changing NWFP to KP we created Hazara issue and now they are demanding a separate province on ethnic basis. The ANP which was in search of Pakhtoon identity has forgotten about Hazarawal identity. PML (N) failed to protect identity of their voters in Hazara, what is fun in having name Khyber with Pakhtoonkhwa. PPP and PML (N) are playing games for South Punjab and making people fool. And now Mohajir, for God sake come out of ethnicity and address problems of people. Give them some development, education, health and peace. Don't play politics over sentiments of people.

The Problem of Karachi is quite simply "Sindh Government"

I believe most of the problems can be solved by Declaring Karachi a Federal Territory and free from Sindh Government

Hazara and Muhajir Province is need of Our country, Muhajir majority Part that is karachi and Hyderabad have contributed almost more then 50% of Economy of Our country but still Ethnic based quota system damaging Karachi's system internally... and about Hazara province then ANP really Ignored their rights when Hazara needed them most.. ANP is kind of Terrorist party too just like others i.e PPP, MQM,PML Q Etc, If People of Hazara division really wants their rights then They have to do it in ANP's way.. For them there weapons are Jewel of Men. And Yea now don't tag me as racist, Its only benefits to our country....

I don't want it, I prefer to call all of Pakistani as my own!

The Problem of Karachi is quite simply "Sindh Government"

I believe most of the problems can be solved by Declaring Karachi a Federal Territory and free from Sindh Government

so karachi will become FATA??let's not be crazy & put forward demands like mujib-ur-rehman!!!

& if MQM has so much anger towards with SINDH then why are they sitting in zardari's lap for last 4 years!!! and doing horse trading over senate seats, kashmir seats & baltistan seats!

its not the people, its AH and his members that call them self that, their party used to be called muhajir qaumi movement this is the reason why they are portrayed by this name every where
The kid who doesn't live here says that it's only AH's cohorts who say that. I was called that by nearly everyone in Punjab

I do not support Mohajir province but I must say one thing. How many years must pass before you're considered a local? Of we wanted a separate province, should the vote only be decided by people who've always lived in Sindh? Then we must also make sure that any one with Arab blood in them also not be allowed to vote

Sometimes we saw the similar things in India when they are having smaller states now. UP was very big around 10-12 years before but first Uttarkhand got separated on the basis of language and geographic location and now they have passed bill for four more separate sates which is under consideration, it is also on the basis of languages like Poorvanchal language/ Bundelkhandi language while Jatt community of Western UP want their own state.

proposed-map-of-uttar-pradesh.jpg

17 November 2011
Proposed Map of Uttar Pradesh, UP Divided into four States

Like, even if north western state of Pakistan is of Pashtun people who want their own Sharia laws in their states, they are proud Pakistanis while even if Baloch have their separate states of Baluchistan, Baloch nationals want a new nation? :undecided:
I don’t think demand of a separate state can be said to be ‘anti-national’ by any criterion. Even if we find Maharashtriyans of India less willing to welcome north indian people, then its because they are worried for their culture, that’s it. While we find Punjabis welcoming migrants of other states including Bihar then its because of the fact that Punjabi culture is very influential and whoever goes there is vey likely to become a Punjabi, as it is seen. While Marathas find people coming to Mumbai have made Mumbai a Hindi speaking city,:D, so they have their worries. While people of Bangalore find north Indian professionals rich who work for the companies based in Bangalore and invest their money in that same Banglore city so they are happy welcoming those north Indians who may help the locals develop their businesses. Demand of separate states isn’t anti-national in any respect. :disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom