What's new

Moment Of Truth :---

To some extent I agree, but signals are coming since past some days that 2 Indian jets were shot down by F16..I wish our JF17 block 3 come better than F16

yes policy to defend only was not solution we all know indian design only atom kept us out of war other wise we all know how low (neech) indians are.
twin engin crafts is major but economy been hell. we sud all blame it to policy maker specially Politicians and bureaucrats we all know all them involve in corruption even people in arm forces and they let them have borrow billions of dollars and then put them in ptv accounts in foreign land.
we will not learn our lesson till indian come on top of our chest and beat it.

Hi,

I don't have a problem with officers---I have problem with those in command--.

The luxury cars and life style of the upper rank officers does not reflect on shortage of funds.

The 90's mirage deal did not have shortage of funds---the issue was the bribe---which would have accounted for 5 or 6 less aircraft---so instead of 40---they could have had 35 or 34 aircraft---.

Going back for the F16's was intentional---all friends told the Paf not to do so---sanctions would be coming---yet Paf lied to the pakistani public about it and kept on blaming the american---thus creating a hate for the americans---.

See---that is what the Paf needed---an american mindset Car salesman for the deal---.

Soldiers should never do deals---their principal stand---their character development---their stance of situational awareness in a deal is totally different---they are programmed to act in a totally different manner---and yet they go on a buying expedition---.

It would be just like asking me to go on an intercept mission---. I wouldn't even know how to get in & sit in the aircraft seat properly---.
Totally agree my university mate in US was son of general back in 2002 he told me that his mother have 5 lakh for zakat which he took and went to UK and spent it there in dolls house. i didnt know till then how corrupt their kids are simply cuz of unlimited resources available to them from their parents.

Sure criticise...but is this man criticising or is he anti Pakistan. Have you ever seen a positive post about PAF from him.
Now people like you who want to be in his favour support him. Yet ask him what he thinks of pakistan in general. Sitting in foreign lands with a glass of beer cruising us is fine...come and do what you have to? Jinnah did after all. So either put up of shut up. Now hahahaha
Hard to take criticism and he will be fine if living in Pakistan and doing the same what most do?

What a load of crap.

What sort of PDF veteran is this guy?

I've always wondered why PAF took so long in getting the F-16s, and then coped out and got only a few. That was a very strange thing to do in the decade following 9/11.

Again, with the M2K saga I and saga II.

I've always wondered why PAF took so long in getting the F-16s, and then coped out and got only a few. That was a very strange thing to do in the decade following 9/11.

Again, with the M2K saga I and saga II.

Hi,

That is the ultimate million dollar question---. Here is an air force with desperately low numbers---.

Why did it waste 4 years to get the additional F16's---and then then donated the funds to earthquake relief---why?

Why would an air force DELIBERATELY keep its numbers low to 'avoid' war with an enemy which it has spanked historically, whether it was 65 or 71? In 99 PAF never jumped in. Like why? If anything, the enemy fears your PAF and SSG more than anything else. Could it be that the PAF has been over-confident in its thought process rather than 'weak' as you put it?
sorry fact check

-71 : This war saw the highest number of casualties in any of the India-Pakistan conflicts, as well as the largest number of prisoners of war since the Second World War after the surrender of more than 90,000 Pakistani military and civilians.[29] In the words of one Pakistani author, "Pakistan lost half its navy, a quarter of its air force and a third of its army"

- 99: Pakistan initially did not acknowledge many of its casualties, but Nawaz Sharif later said that over 4,000 Pakistani troops were killed in the operation and that Pakistan had lost the conflict.[44][45] By the end of July 1999, organized hostilities in the Kargil district had ceased.[35] The war was a major military defeat for the Pakistani Army.[46][47]

Hi,

That is the ultimate million dollar question---. Here is an air force with desperately low numbers---.

Why did it waste 4 years to get the additional F16's---and then then donated the funds to earthquake relief---why?

As an outside observer, I remember thinking that at the time as well.

I couldn't understand it.

Hi,

May be the past governments had more influence and weren't ready to release funds. Instead those funds were burnt in oven as a fuel for corruption. Who knows. PAF and navy never had privilage or luxury of having their own say in past compared to ground army.

Back
Top Bottom