What's new

More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report

Do not resort to name-calling and learn the definition of a troll. I was simply talking about the topic in hand.

Yes female foeticide is a problem in India as is the problem of honour killing in Pakistan. Pakistan has the highest incidence of honour killing per capita in the world.

I don't care about what sindhi and pashtun culture teach , keep that knowledge to yourself , every culture teaches its people to respect its women , tell me something new.

About the bus part , it has already been answered before and you couldn't give a decent reply.

Talking about our women's rawaaz, well the very fact that in India women can roam around freely wearing about they want , act and dance in movies qualifies as selling their bodies and prostitution in Pakiatan tells you the mentality of even the educated men in pakistan and how much freedom pakistani women have.Our women have set higher standards of freedom , that is why they expect more and that is why they are 2 % less satisfied than pakistani women.:rolleyes:

P.S- post reported for generalizing an entire race of people as pimps and prostitutes. Have some shame.

Your logic is absurd, really think about it.
The standard or scale is it fixed by the respective country or United Nations Development Programme.

This way even Afghanistan can lower the measurment standard and become no 1 country for respecting women.

how much old are you? still sucking the pacifier?

and rest of your post is asusual BS, just manipulation of words.

More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report
Can vouch for it but for some small pockets in and around anarkali bazar and engg college.

Such threads only breed complacency and people tend to overlook problems in their own country.Toi did the right thing by not mentioning pak's hdi rankings.The point of the article was that status of women in general in india should be improved.

Your logic is absurd, really think about it.
The standard or scale is it fixed by the respective country or United Nations Development Programme.

This way even Afghanistan can lower the measurment standard and become no 1 country for respecting women.

how much old are you? still sucking the pacifier?

and rest of your post is asusual BS, just manipulation of words.

Instead of calling my post absurd repeatedly, give me one good reason why its absurd. My age is of no consequence for this debate.

people set standards for themselves and the achievement of those standards is what defines the level of satisfaction . Indian women have set higher standards for themselves that is why there is there is slightly less satisfaction by what ? 2 %?:rolleyes:

If you can't debate - DONT

C'mon man, I dont think we shud act like them, if they like to compare them with us, then what wud be the difference between Indians and us??

Instead of calling my post absurd repeatedly, give me one good reason why its absurd. My age is of no consequence for this debate.

people set standards for themselves and the achievement of those standards is what defines the level of satisfaction . Indian women have set higher standards for themselves that is why there is there is slightly less satisfaction by what ? 2 %?:rolleyes:

If you can't debate - DONT

Do you know why you are here on this specific thread?
This thread is to discuss the report of United Nations Development Programme, not on your some how assumed personal standard you keep discussing again and again. For a debate we have to agree on what we are gona debate, rite?
So keep on topic and discuss this report or start another thread on your increased standard of women in india you are bragging about again and again.

Do you know why you are here on this specific thread?
This thread is to discuss the report of United Nations Development Programme, not on your some how assumed personal standard you keep discussing again and again. For a debate we have to agree on what we are gona debate, rite?
So keep on topic and discuss this report or start another thread on your increased standard of women in india you are bragging about again and again.

This UNDP report doesn't even set any definiton or standard for respect against which it can be measured for the simple reason that its not possible. its just based on a few interviews . This hardly proves anything. Notions and standards for a respectful life for women differ from society to society and hence there can be no comparison .

Tomorrow you can say that only 55% american women feel respected but that will be not be because they in general get less respect than Indian or Pakistani women but for the simple reason that that they expect more in american society than they are getting.

Look at this report itself , there is no any one who has travelled around south asia will believe that Indian or Pakistani women get less respect than Sri lankan women , but still they FEEL less respected because of their higher expectations from sri lakan society which is in general more open than Indian or Pakistani society.

This UNDP report doesn't even set any definiton or standard for respect against which it can be measured for the simple reason that its not possible. its just based on a few interviews . This hardly proves anything. Notions and standards for a respectful life for women differ from society to society and hence there can be no comparison .

Tomorrow you can say that only 55% american women feel respected but that will be not be because they in general get less respect than Indian or Pakistani women but for the simple reason that that they expect more in american society than they are getting.

Look at this report itself , there is no any one who has travelled around south asia will believe that Indian or Pakistani women get less respect than Sri lankan women , but still they FEEL less respected because of their higher expectations from sri lakan society which is in general more open than Indian or Pakistani society.

So now your think you are in a position to reject.. aw cm on, looking at your analogy its useless talking to you.
:hitwall: :blah::blah:
:wave:

C'mon man, I dont think we shud act like them, if they like to compare them with us, then what wud be the difference between Indians and us??

I never rejected this report.

This report only talks about how many women feel respected in these countries rather than how many are actually respected .

The FEEL part can not be compared because expectations differ from society to society .

As i said earlier , IF you can't debate - Dont :cheers:

Comparing.. if we put it in Right way .its good .it shows the areas we lag and you rule.. coming at the topic .i see everybody comparing IND vs PK but in fact Bangladesh outclassed us BOTH :cheers:

but still as Whole , we have lot of catching up to do ..comparing other nations..!!

i would have loved to see female members addressing on this...

whats next in this stupidity..cows respected more in India than Pakistan??

The conclusion that is deduced in the title can't be based on the held survey, for the obvious reason that nick_indian stated.

Objective parameters could be:

- **** statistics
- proportion of women who go to school
- women in the labour force
- female infanticide
- (honour) killing of women
- right to fair wages

etcetera

And honestly, both countries have a catching up to do.

Back
Top Bottom