What's new

Mosque is not a religious place, can be demolished any time: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy said in Guwahati that mosque is not a religious place but is just a building that can be demolished any time, in remarks that triggered protests in the state and led to slapping of a criminal case against him.

Swamy cited the “example” of mosques demolished for construction of roads in Saudi Arabia. “A mosque is not a religious place. It is just a building. It can be demolished any time. If anyone disagrees with me on this, I am ready to have a debate on the issue. I got this information from people of Saudi Arabia,” he said at a religious event on Friday night. The BJP leader then went on to claim that all Indian Muslims were Hindus.

He repeated the controversial comments at another function in Guwahati on Saturday.

Protesting Swamy’s comments, a number of organisations in the state on Saturday burnt the effigies of the BJP national executive member. The police also registered an FIR under IPC sections 120 (B) [criminal conspiracy] and 153 (A) [promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion] against Swamy following a complaint by Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS).

“Ahead of Assembly elections, the BJP is trying to create communal disturbance in the state. The controversial statement made by Swamy against Muslims is part of this conspiracy. We condemn it and demand Assam government to ban the entry of Subramanian Swamy into the state,” said Akhil Gogoi, KMSS president.

Chief minister Tarun Gogoi also slammed Swamy and his party, saying “BJP will have to pay a heavy price for hurting Assamese sentiments”.

Sensing people’s anger, the state BJP tried to distance itself from the remarks. “These are Swamy’s personal statements, not of our party’s. But we will write to our central leadership over this issue,” said Assam BJP president Siddhartha Bhattacharyya.

Assam Wakf Board, All Assam Minority Students Union and other Muslim organizations have sought action against Swamy.

Mosque is not a religious place, can be demolished any time: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy

Last edited:
Swamy cited the “example” of mosques demolished for construction of roads in Saudi Arabia.
My highway engineering book says that temples/mosques/churches, for that matter trees which 're older than 50 years should be avoided while the constructing a highway. I'm assuming the same applies to other developmental projects too. :undecided:

Off topic:
@kahonapyarhai
who're you? are you the alter ego of some mod here?:unsure:
Why do you like posting threads and not replying back to the posts???

Highway Engineering?
clear.png
clear.png

ya to tum public ko chutiya bana rahi ho, ya to hamko laanat honi chahiye hamari 4 saal ki engineering pe, Kyuki saalaapni jamane me 4 saal me hamne to aisi kauno engineering na suni.
clear.png
clear.png
I was talking about highway engineering book, 8th sem civil engineering. :coffee:
Kabhi book uthake padhi thi?? yaa cheating karke paas ho gaye???8-)
(btw I had exaggerated a bit in my 1st post here, that one about tree is not true, when Swamy can exaggerate then why can't I?? )

Btw glad to know that we 've another engineer here. :girl_wacko:

Last edited:
"Mosque is not a religious place" to bollywood ke item number karne ki jaga he? :lol:

8th sem civil engineering. :coffee:
Kabhi book uthake padhi thi?? yaa cheating karke paas ho gaye???8-)
(btw I had exaggerated a bit in my 1st post here, that one about tree is not true, when Swamy can then why can't I?? )

Btw glad to know that we 've another engineer here. :girl_wacko:

Oh I forgot so you are a glorified contractor ! :whistle:

Aur phir aaj kitniii bricks ko cement lagayaa aap neiii ? :tongue:

The thing with Swamy is he comes out ahead and usually has the last laugh. People have been trying to get him for ages and he is still out here fighting. This case will not be any different.

Actually if this goes to court and Swamy proves his case, it would be a very entertaining situation.

Now how would i know?

Ham thehre Mechanic,
Labour-Mistri logo ki kitaab ham kaise padhte? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haan ji!
Aap ko toh welding aur lathe machine waali books ke baare me hi pata hoga.

:offtopic:
So you are a glorified contractor ! :whistle:

Aur phir aaj kitniii bricks ko cement lagayaa aap neiii ? :tongue:
Your face reminds me of Madhubala(Anarkali) from "Mughal-e-Azam",so now I think I should bury you alive. :confused:

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Cement na chacha, Choona.

Yo khala-jaan sirf choona lagave hai sabne. :D
ja -ja
tanne na samajh aavegi hamari strategy. :coffee:

Your face reminds me of Madhubala from "Mughal-e-Azam",so now I think I should bury you alive. :confused:

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Indian movies ! :bad:

They are cheap hollywood rip-offs ! :disagree:

Mughal-e-Azam wasn't that bad; though I got bored half way through and didn't bother to watch it in its entirety !

Indian movies ! :bad:

They are cheap hollywood rip-offs ! :disagree:

Mughal-e-Azam wasn't that bad; though I got bored half way through and didn't bother to watch it in its entirety !
I just told you the climax :coffee:
And most prolly you missed the famous song from that movie too.

BJP leader Subramanian Swamy said in Guwahati that mosque is not a religious place but is just a building that can be demolished any time, in remarks that triggered protests in the state and led to slapping of a criminal case against him.

Swamy cited the “example” of mosques demolished for construction of roads in Saudi Arabia. “A mosque is not a religious place. It is just a building. It can be demolished any time. If anyone disagrees with me on this, I am ready to have a debate on the issue. I got this information from people of Saudi Arabia,” he said at a religious event on Friday night. The BJP leader then went on to claim that all Indian Muslims were Hindus.

He repeated the controversial comments at another function in Guwahati on Saturday.

Protesting Swamy’s comments, a number of organisations in the state on Saturday burnt the effigies of the BJP national executive member. The police also registered an FIR under IPC sections 120 (B) [criminal conspiracy] and 153 (A) [promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion] against Swamy following a complaint by Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS).

“Ahead of Assembly elections, the BJP is trying to create communal disturbance in the state. The controversial statement made by Swamy against Muslims is part of this conspiracy. We condemn it and demand Assam government to ban the entry of Subramanian Swamy into the state,” said Akhil Gogoi, KMSS president.

Chief minister Tarun Gogoi also slammed Swamy and his party, saying “BJP will have to pay a heavy price for hurting Assamese sentiments”.

Sensing people’s anger, the state BJP tried to distance itself from the remarks. “These are Swamy’s personal statements, not of our party’s. But we will write to our central leadership over this issue,” said Assam BJP president Siddhartha Bhattacharyya.

Assam Wakf Board, All Assam Minority Students Union and other Muslim organizations have sought action against Swamy.

Liar!! Liar!! Liar!! You moron, you dumbo.

Liar! Your pants on fire.

I just told you the climax :coffee:
And most prolly you missed the famous song from that movie too.

It never ceases to amaze me why South Asian movies have songs in them ! :argh:

The hero and heroine would start singing and dancing in the middle of something as if it doesn't even matter - No one else does this stupid thing ! :hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom