What's new

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

It's nice whoever building the Mosque but building near by ground zero might not be a good idea.

It's nice whoever building the Mosque but building near by ground zero might not be a good idea.

People need to get over this kind of prejudice. If it takes shoving something in their face then so be it.

The majority of the worlds Muslims and the Islam they follow had nothing to do with 911.

The majority of the worlds Muslims and the Islam they follow had nothing to do with 911.

Easy for you to say, hard for people to understand; afterall there arent many liberals who strongly voice their opinion against these islamic extremists. I am grossly against this idea of building a mosque at a place where many people lost their lives due to some jackass's idea of waging a jihad.
Call it prejudice, islamophobia or whatever. Pakistan themselves banned youtube, wiki , etc for some blasphemous content , aint that a prejudice when there are tons of good information out there. A good idea would be build a peace monument with no mention of religion and not a mosque !!!

Easy for you to say, hard for people to understand; afterall there arent many liberals who strongly voice their opinion against these islamic extremists. I am grossly against this idea of building a mosque at a place where many people lost their lives due to some jackass's idea of waging a jihad.
Call it prejudice, islamophobia or whatever. Pakistan themselves banned youtube, wiki , etc for some blasphemous content , aint that a prejudice when there are tons of good information out there. A good idea would be build a peace monument with no mention of religion and not a mosque !!!

X2..................

I am very against the building of this mosque, I am for building a mosque but right next to ground zero...........big no. This just makes me mad, no im not Prejudice or islamophobia, i welcome any race or religon, but many people lost there lives on 9/11 due to Radical Islam.

Last edited:
Minor point perhaps but,

Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

Perhaps some one wiser than me could answer the question is it right to have people running arround in swimwear and brief gym clothes in the same building as others are using for prayer?

We still dont know the reason why Youtube was banned, as you go through some threads many Pakistanis are opposing that, and wiki was banned for only two hours,

so lets just come to the topic

ITS A VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THE MUSLIMS IN THAT REGION, Alhamdulillah !

I am very against the building of this mosque, I am for building a mosque but right next to ground zero...........big no. This just makes me mad, no im not Prejudice or islamophobia, i welcome any race or religon, but many people lost there lives on 9/11 due to Radical Islam.

Many Muslims were also the victims of 9/11, some sources claim there were more then thousand Muslim casualties in 9/11 incident,

As in my city Islamabad there are enough Churches for our Christian community so there sud be equal rights for the Muslims living in New York :cheers:

We still dont know the reason why Youtube was banned, as you go through some threads many Pakistanis are opposing that, and wiki was banned for only two hours,

so lets just come to the topic

Thats the whole point..nobody hears the liberal voice out there, nobody protested these censorship; all i hear is arm chair generals proclaiming that pakistanis are opposing it. If they are for sure people dont know about it. Many people on this forum were asking people to ignore facebook and at the end waht happened ? Mass hysteria was whipped up (Again !!) and government had to ban a good social networking site.

So till then i stand opposed to this idea of mosque building on the grounds that there is no point in doing it at the very spot where many people were killed due to firebrand islam. A peace monument dedicated to victims by a muslim or a muslim group might be great but a religious body ..certainly not.

Many Muslims were also the victims of 9/11, some sources claim there were more then thousand Muslim casualties in 9/11 incident

So ? That doesnt justify a mosque. Many people were victims. Race/religion is a pathetic way to classify victims. Peace be upon them.

As in my city Islamabad there are enough Churches for our Christian community so there sud be equal rights for the Muslims living in New York :cheers:

USA is probably one of the most free state where there are equal rights for everyone. So lets leave that out. There are mosques in NY where muslims pray and worship. This doesnt mean a mosque should be build at a place where many have died due to reasons know, i would call it being insensitive.

So ? That doesnt justify a mosque. Many people were victims. Race/religion is a pathetic way to classify victims. Peace be upon them

USA is probably one of the most free state where there are equal rights for everyone. So lets leave that out. There are mosques in NY where muslims pray and worship. This doesnt mean a mosque should be build at a place where many have died due to reasons know, i would call it being insensitive.

Do the owners of the place,the mayor and the muslims of the area need any justification of building a mosque or do they need a certificate from u?
Who the heck are u to call it insensitive to build a mosque?
Dont stick ur nose into other peoples buisnesses.Its the riight of the people to decide wat they want.

I think the anger and opposition from the families of the victims is understandable. Instead of Mosque, why not just build a community center in the memory of the loved ones who lost lives.

Do the owners of the place,the mayor and the muslims of the area need any justification of building a mosque or do they need a certificate from u?
Dont stick ur nose into other peoples buisnesses.Its the riight of the people to decide wat they want.

Its the right of Americans, Christian and Muslim, and who the hek are you to decide on an a very delicate issue in the U.S., were you there during 9/11, did you loose any family members or friends during that horrific event? yes its very insensitive, why would you build a mosque at the final resting place of many innocent lives. American and foreign, can they build the mosque anywhere else? This is very disrespectful

Bhai jaan ..request you politely not to spew crap out here. It is a discussion forum and i have put forward my points respectfully just like any other member out here. The feelings that i have on this matter will be the same with many other people. So when you said its the right of people to decide wad they want , then that includes me as well and like i said before i am strongly opposed to this. Like a said a peace monument or a offering to victims then yes but religious body NO!!!!
I may not be able to stop them but i feel that i atleast will be able to protest against this.

Back
Top Bottom