What's new

MQM the brave

Yeah you are right.!!!!!!
He said some thing about his asking Indian Government, opposition and human rights groups to (My urdu is not that good) forgive and own muhajirs of Pakistan, if they got discriminated.

About the full text of the speech, I saw this

Accept Line of Control temporarily: Altaf Hussain

By Amit Baruah

NEW DELHI, NOV. 6. He rejects division, but upholds the realities of the Partition. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader, Altaf Hussain, hogged the limelight at an international conference here, calling for the temporary acceptance of the Line of Control (LoC) as a border to continue talks between India and Pakistan.

For the last 12 years, the London-based Mr. Hussain has been addressing public gatherings in Pakistan by telephone. Today, he finally got the opportunity to address his audience live — but it happened to be in the "land of his ancestors", India, and not in the country of his birth, Pakistan.

It was more a performance than a speech. He waved his arms about, invited the foreigners present at the conference organised by Hindustan Times to come up to the stage and ask them to distinguish a Hindu from a Muslim.

He spoke about how far Pakistanis of Indian origin had to travel to Lahore to cross the border into India — why could not the border at Khokrapar be thrown open for Pakistanis and Indians to use?

`Not war'

Mr. Hussain brought the house down by his pronunciation of the External Affairs Minister, Natwar Singh's name. It was not Natwar, but "Not War", Mr. Hussain said. And, till "Not War" was in office, there could not be any war between India and Pakistan.

At one stage, he tried to prove that the MQM, formerly known as the Mohajir (as "refugees from India are known'') Qaumi Movement, was the only political party in Pakistan that did not discriminate against any religion. For good effect, he called out the name of "Mr. Devdas," a Hindu member of the Pakistani National Assembly, as proof of his assertion. Mr. Devdas was made to walk all around the conference room in order to identify himself.

Pointing out that both India and Pakistan had performed brilliantly on the front of population growth, Mr. Hussain rejected "Partition" since the people of India and Pakistan had the same genetic make-up.

"The division of the sub-continent was the greatest blunder," he thundered to cheers from the audience. "It was the division of blood, culture, brotherhood, relationships," he said, switching from English to Urdu.

A few minutes later, in true demagogue style, he said the Partition, however, had taken place and it was better for India and Pakistan to accept the realities. "We should accept and respect each other. It is better for both countries and the people. The people should live in love, peace and harmony."

At another time, he asked the Government of India to provide shelter to the Mohajirs of Pakistan if they faced problems there, but later said this was not possible. From time to time, he reminded the audience that we were all the same people. "Aap sab hamein apne lage."

He railed against the American and British occupation of Iraq, but thanked the British Government for letting him live in London. (Mr. Hussain now has a British passport). Why were the people of Iraq being punished for the sins of Saddam Hussein?

Attacking the "mullahs and the jehadis", he called upon the United States to stop supporting regimes headed by kings and military dictators. "We should respect Ram and Allah and get rid of Ravana and Shaitan," the MQM chief said.

"Cannot return"

Later, addressing the press, Mr. Hussain claimed he could not return to Pakistan, as there had been two attempts on the life of President Pervez Musharraf and one on Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. "Do you want me to return to Pakistan only to be assassinated?" he said, claiming that the Al-Qaeda and religious fanatics were roaming in Pakistan. Appreciating Gen. Musharraf for his courageous stand that plebiscite in Kashmir was not the only option, Mr. Hussain said that the General was a liberal when compared to religious extremists.

Thanx

His political opinion is one that changes faster than seasons he can be supporting one cause and then the otherhe has joined every government that has come to power sort of funny due to his popular support in Karachi which can bring millions on the street stop traffic and routine life, yet everytime anything bad happens in Karachi it seems to be the doing of someone else which confuses an average political watchmen and justifies PML(N)'s stance of calling them a terrorist outfit however they have made a union with PML(N) before but at that time everyone called it a match made in hell.

At another time, he asked the Government of India to provide shelter to the Mohajirs of Pakistan if they faced problems there, but later said this was not possible. From time to time, he reminded the audience that we were all the same people. "Aap sab hamein apne lage."
Thanx

Bcoz some people still dont call mohajir "pakistani", they didnt owned mohajir, thats why Altaf started struggle for muhajir but now its not mohajir party its Mutahida!!
Do u know abt millitary operation against mohajirs, govt killed more then 10,000 mqm people during operation, and at that time MQM was muthaida qaumi movement, and not mohajir qaumi movement!!:pakistan:

I hope we are on about the same MQM that had officially discouraged Mohajirs to join the army the same MQM that flog their own have multiple cases against them have the most violent student wing I have been able to discover. We then talk to each other and say we need to stop the terrorists from winning but trust me this has been the most phyrric victory ever they are now having break ups amongst themselves as some are laying arms and others aren't, I wouldn't even be surprised when 2 years from now I will hear that we were part of the coalition that defeated the terrorists from MQM a victory the PA may acheive by divide and rule.

Bane Blade;sir
its a fake propaganda..... i had many Mohajirs mates durring my service in army!
altaf hussian was a cadet!
gen.MIRZA asslam-beg (fromer chief of army staff ).
gen.PERVAIZ MUSHARAF (fromer chief of army staff , former president of pakistan).

Bane Blade;sir
its a fake propaganda..... i had many Mohajirs mates durring my service in army!
altaf hussian was a cadet!
gen.MIRZA asslam-beg (fromer chief of army staff ).
gen.PERVAIZ MUSHARAF (fromer chief of army staff , former president of pakistan).

I am sure they were and so was Altaf Bhai but it was discouraged later on as a wrong in many areas of Karachi. Funny all dictators in this country were Mohajirs, I wonder if their was an agenda in their somewhere (just being suspicious).

I am sure they were and so was Altaf Bhai but it was discouraged later on as a wrong in many areas of Karachi. Funny all dictators in this country were Mohajirs, I wonder if their was an agenda in their somewhere (just being suspicious).

Are you suggesting that Ayub and Yahya were Muhajirs?

Was ZA Bhutto a muhajir?

Gen Zia was a hard core Punjabi munda, do you call him a Muhajir as well?

How about Nawaz Sharif, he attacked Supreme Court of Pakistan and let our nation down in Kargil? Was he also a Muhajir.

BTW, Dr. AQ Khan is also a Muhajir from Bhupal and Hakim Saeed shaheed was a Muhajir as well.

Thank God people know ethinicty of Osama, otherwise he would also been called a Muhajir.

Are you suggesting that Ayub and Yahya were Muhajirs?

Was ZA Bhutto a muhajir?

Gen Zia was a hard core Punjabi munda, do you call him a Muhajir as well?

How about Nawaz Sharif, he attacked Supreme Court of Pakistan and let our nation down in Kargil? Was he also a Muhajir.

BTW, Dr. AQ Khan is also a Muhajir from Bhupal and Hakim Saeed shaheed was a Muhajir as well.

Thank God people know ethinicty of Osama, otherwise he would also been called a Muhajir.

One can't even throw a joke and expect people to get it.

Zia Ul Haq where was he born Jalandhur India
Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayub Khan where was he born in Haripur India
Ayub Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ZA Bhutto wasn't a Mohajir he is pure Sindhi and I was talking about dictators So I don't even know where you bought Nawaz Sharif AQ Khan or Hakeem Saeed from anyway apologies for the comment but I was just kidding relax.

Bane Blade; sir
i guss your style of thinking , isnt the right one !
plz !just go deeper in province sind, you will find very worst situation, you can find , that every "goth" have its own GM. SYED & its own PIR SHAHIB PAGARRO, you have MUMTAZ BHUTTO, or even you can go deeper in n punjab or in baluchistan , you will find more & more heavily armed & MORE EXTERMISTS groups like , BLA, JEAY SINDH. in punjab also , every major town has its own altaf hussian!
its just the way you think.

blaming just one community , or just 1 group is called racism?
so, dear brother its far better that , we should stop the any kind of divide within our selves, its a very difficult of times,from which pakistan is going through & we cant afford to be fighting wars within our selves, as a nation we should be united against any national threat , which can come from every where?
we need to , stop looking the past , & we should be united for the better future of pakistan & pakistani nation ,as just 1 nation ,& we should stop this crazy game of blamming & clamming ?

i really dont care , what altaf hussain or MQM had done in the past but still , MQM is the only voice in this political circus!:smokin:

we should start giving the votes to the parties , who are intersted in solving the problems of the poor pakistani nation, but surlly not on the bassis of likes or dislikes , on the bassis of thier "qabela systems, cast systems & on the bassis of religion?:azn:

batmannow sir

I have been to interior Sindh and stayed their for a few days Umar goth was the name of the place their was no water or electricity and very little to eat between the few people that were their, the situation in rural Punjab is different many of the places have electricity water as well as schools and other facilities, as for me being racist I am simply pointing to a style of thinking that I notice nothing else I have a lot of things personal against Altaf Hussain which I am willing to forgive MQM if they change their leadership and make it a more democratic party, PML(N) is one because it has a CEC and the decisions are not Nawaz Sharif's they are collective because if you saw the news the parties members vited no to join the fedral cabinet and this was a party decision not a individual one the current leader of opposition is Chaudry Nisaar and the President of the party is Shahbaz Sharif the chairman in Nawaz Sharif and the party has internal voting to keep the leadership the way it is. All I hear is that Altaf Hussain has chosen the following people and they will come to power and they have chosen Altaf Hussain as their leader and the only refferendum they have is a emotional affair outside 90 where Altaf Hussain resigns and within hours re-signs himself back in.

As for naming and blaming this is politics you are not expecting love to grow specially from a member of opposition, and I think a good opposition is one that scrutinises and questions. MQM has in the past whenever the oppurtunity arises impressed anyone they feel can get them power if they were a voice that can change like the radio then they are no voice in my opinion. The day they have one single policy the day they can stick to that policy that is the day I will believe that it is a party worth voting for and also the day they change their leadership for I cannot turn a blind eye to events that took place against my own family.

Bane Bladesir,
GEO Pakistan
Taliban want control outside Swat also: Nawaz
Updated at: 1040 PST, Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAHORE: Pakistan's top opposition leader, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, expressed concern Monday about a controversial peace deal with Islamist militants but backed off calls he made last month for a "revolution" to topple the government.

Unable to contain an insurgency through military force, Pakistan's government agreed last week to let Taliban militants impose sharia, or Islamic law, in the northern Swat Valley region. Sharif said militants there are trying to export their particularly harsh version of sharia, in which the hands of thieves are amputated, women are forbidden from going outside, and adulterers are stoned to death.

"How do we deal with the situation in Swat?" Sharif asked in an hour-long interview with USA TODAY at his palatial home on the outskirts of this city. "They are now threatening to get out of Swat and take other areas into their custody. So we've got to avoid that situation.":eek::lol:

Sharif, head of the conservative Pakistan Muslim League, said that he opposes attacks by airborne U.S. drones on militant hide-outs as "counterproductive" and wants to see dialogue with more moderate Islamist groups.

Sharif downplayed fears that the nuclear-armed country could be taken over by Taliban militants, who are gaining strength both in Pakistan and in neighboring Afghanistan, where they are battling U.S. and NATO troops. He said the insurgency in Swat and border areas could be defused in just two years if sufficient economic development took place.

thats why MQM , boycoted the vote on NIZAM-E-ADAL in national assembly! thier reservations about TALIBANS are 1000% right, simply ?:tup:

rightly , MQM showed the courge that , in pakistan !there are peoples & thier representatives, who rejects the extrem type of ISLAM , which has been imposed in swat by the power of gun, not by the will of the people thier.every party in pakistan including MQM or PML(n) have different system of the selection of thier leadership , but still they chose NAWAZ SHARIF as thier QUAID,or ALTAF HUSSAIN as thier QUAID , you can write whatever you want but, things are same in every political party in pakistan , execpt JAMMAT-e-ISLAMI, they are the best one, in terms of selecting thier AMIR, its good to see former AMMIR(QAZI HUSSAIN AHMED) saying good bye to PARTY politics, & jammat getting its new leader.:enjoy:

Personaly , i never supported jammat-e-islami , because of thier religiuos structure but they can be the most democratic political-islamic group in pakistan.:azn:

as, for now it has been estabished truth that , TALIBANIZM is the wrost national threat to pakistan & pakistani nation, & we as a nation need to fight it with courge , unity, & with stronger will.:smokin:
dont support any political party, but support issues , thats my thinking !;)

for the issue of TALABANIZATION , i would like to support MQM !

yes MQM leader is the guy who said pakistan was a mistake he is the guy who blamed pathans for problems of KRACHI and now he is supporting pathans of SWAT.....Altaf is a ghadar....and whatever he supports must be bad for pakistan.

MQM can't be called a Political Party alone...It's more like a Political/Terrorist Party.

guys , the thread is about MQM,s brave stand against TALIBANS (terrorists)!
not about your likes or dislikes of pakistani politics!
plz , stay with the topic!:angry::angry::angry::pakistan:

Bane Bladesir,
GEO Pakistan
Taliban want control outside Swat also: Nawaz
Updated at: 1040 PST, Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAHORE: Pakistan's top opposition leader, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, expressed concern Monday about a controversial peace deal with Islamist militants but backed off calls he made last month for a "revolution" to topple the government.

Unable to contain an insurgency through military force, Pakistan's government agreed last week to let Taliban militants impose sharia, or Islamic law, in the northern Swat Valley region. Sharif said militants there are trying to export their particularly harsh version of sharia, in which the hands of thieves are amputated, women are forbidden from going outside, and adulterers are stoned to death.

"How do we deal with the situation in Swat?" Sharif asked in an hour-long interview with USA TODAY at his palatial home on the outskirts of this city. "They are now threatening to get out of Swat and take other areas into their custody. So we've got to avoid that situation.":eek::lol:

Sharif, head of the conservative Pakistan Muslim League, said that he opposes attacks by airborne U.S. drones on militant hide-outs as "counterproductive" and wants to see dialogue with more moderate Islamist groups.

Sharif downplayed fears that the nuclear-armed country could be taken over by Taliban militants, who are gaining strength both in Pakistan and in neighboring Afghanistan, where they are battling U.S. and NATO troops. He said the insurgency in Swat and border areas could be defused in just two years if sufficient economic development took place.

thats why MQM , boycoted the vote on NIZAM-E-ADAL in national assembly! thier reservations about TALIBANS are 1000% right, simply ?:tup:

rightly , MQM showed the courge that , in pakistan !there are peoples & thier representatives, who rejects the extrem type of ISLAM , which has been imposed in swat by the power of gun, not by the will of the people thier.every party in pakistan including MQM or PML(n) have different system of the selection of thier leadership , but still they chose NAWAZ SHARIF as thier QUAID,or ALTAF HUSSAIN as thier QUAID , you can write whatever you want but, things are same in every political party in pakistan , execpt JAMMAT-e-ISLAMI, they are the best one, in terms of selecting thier AMIR, its good to see former AMMIR(QAZI HUSSAIN AHMED) saying good bye to PARTY politics, & jammat getting its new leader.:enjoy:

Personaly , i never supported jammat-e-islami , because of thier religiuos structure but they can be the most democratic political-islamic group in pakistan.:azn:

as, for now it has been estabished truth that , TALIBANIZM is the wrost national threat to pakistan & pakistani nation, & we as a nation need to fight it with courge , unity, & with stronger will.:smokin:
dont support any political party, but support issues , thats my thinking !;)

for the issue of TALABANIZATION , i would like to support MQM !

Well atleast we don't start a thread called PML(N) the brave because I feel that PML(N)'s stance has been correct it let the government decide what its plans were saw what happened and is now condemning the fact that the violence hasn't stopped but we continue about MQM and say that MQM should have also been a supportive party if they can't bring anything to the table they shouldn't ruin a running governments decision specially because they country has given them a mandate and if it is unhappy they can decide otherwise in the next elections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom