What's new

Ms. Marvel, Marvel's first Muslim superhero, coming to Disney+

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that fan-favourite character Ms. Marvel is getting her own Disney+ TV series. This has been rumoured for a while now and it's clear that the Muslim superhero is a priority for Marvel as a whole (she'll also play a key role in the Marvel's Avengers video game).

According to the trade, British writer Bisha K. Ali is set to write the series and act as showrunner.

The comedian is currently a staff writer on Hulu's Four Weddings and a Funeral remake and it's thought that an official announcement about the series will be made during the Disney+ panel at D23 a little later this evening. The critically acclaimed comic book series featuring Kamala Khan has won numerous awards and Kevin Feige has previously said that he's a fan of hers.

Bringing Ms. Marvel to Disney+ feels like a smart move to boost subscriptions and is probably a better place for the character than a movie (at least until she's established).

There's no word on when the show will premiere but we'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...li-will-write-and-serve-as-showrunner-a170183

o_O ? Muslim? What kind of muslim ? English muslim? South asian? Arab? European? Chinese?
Caucasian American?

I hope she is blonde and wears western clothes and doesn't hide her face. But an asian (chinese) muslim character would be cool too.

But knowing america i think they will make an Arab girl ms marvel... I hope its a western muslim girl not an arab or asian one. Even african american would be cool to see!

@Foxtrot Delta
She is Pakistani actually as I thought.

IMO there should be an Arab superhero that is Christian since they make up 66% of Arab population in America.

She is a Pakistani American in comics
Cool a pashtoon fair lady i hope she doesn't wear hijab :P

@Foxtrot Delta
She is Pakistani actually as I thought.

IMO there should be an Arab superhero that is Christian since they make up 66% of Arab population in America.

I want to see a native american blondie muslim super hero! Or a chinese muslim girl as a super hero !

Cool a pashtoon fair lady i hope she doesn't wear hijab :P

I want to see a native american blondie muslim super hero! Or a chinese muslim girl as a super hero !
Those aren't in America barely, Arabs make up a much greater population than Pakistanis and almost Muslims in general so they should have at least one.

A lot of graphics designers in Hollywood are from Pakistan and they have working for decades on some of the best animation and 3D graphics movies. And one of such graphic designer is a Pakistani and she is Khan as well and the daughter of a famous folk singer. So it is not about the population rather being familiar to the industry.

A lot of graphics designers in Hollywood are from Pakistan and they have working for decades on some of the best animation and 3D graphics movies. And one of such graphic designer is a Pakistani and she is Khan as well and the daughter of a famous folk singer. So it is not about the population rather being familiar to the industry.
Uh? What? Its definitely about diversity m8. Why do you think Black Panther was made?

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that fan-favourite character Ms. Marvel is getting her own Disney+ TV series. This has been rumoured for a while now and it's clear that the Muslim superhero is a priority for Marvel as a whole (she'll also play a key role in the Marvel's Avengers video game).

According to the trade, British writer Bisha K. Ali is set to write the series and act as showrunner.

The comedian is currently a staff writer on Hulu's Four Weddings and a Funeral remake and it's thought that an official announcement about the series will be made during the Disney+ panel at D23 a little later this evening. The critically acclaimed comic book series featuring Kamala Khan has won numerous awards and Kevin Feige has previously said that he's a fan of hers.

Bringing Ms. Marvel to Disney+ feels like a smart move to boost subscriptions and is probably a better place for the character than a movie (at least until she's established).

There's no word on when the show will premiere but we'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/capt...li-will-write-and-serve-as-showrunner-a170183

Superficial bullshit!!!

I hope they don't cast Priyanka Chopra for the role, I read somewhere she is been looked for this role .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom