What's new

The Little Mermaid has only sold $4,000 in pre-sale tickets in China and aims to be a flop

MH.Yang

Reaction score
Country
China
The Little Mermaid “The Little Mermaid” has had a lot of controversy in every way. Despite having more than 2.5 million dislikes in its official trailer and having great negativity in the community, Disney continues to bet that this live-action will be the most great of all

Disney recently faced backlash from fans over the design of Sebastian and Flounder in the film. When the designs of Flounder and Sebastian came to light, the fans were enraged since these two characters have damaged them for this live-action, in the animated film they have a very important role. Jacob Tremblay, voice actor of the character “Flounder,” defended the controversial change to Flounder’s design.

However, the actress Halle Bailey complained to Disney after the tour she had in Mexico where she was promoting the movie “The little Mermaid“. The actress was upset by the racist comment that she received from her on a television program, she also asked not to be part of programs where the drivers do not have the necessary preparation before the interview and she was very upset because she was taken to Mexico.

The news that Disney has tried to hide is that the pre-sale of The Little Mermaid tickets began on Friday at China’s BoxOffice, but it seems that it will be a rather obscure sale. The well-known influencer Luis Fernando best known for giving general box office reports reported that only $4,000 in pre-sales were sold Friday for the entire period of May 25-28, which predicts a disastrous opening next week if things don’t improve.

This is not in doubt, since the live-action of The Little Mermaid has been full of contempt from fans of yesteryear, mainly due to the forced inclusion of Disney who apparently do not care about the great consequences that this could cause them financially. Leave us your comment.

Last edited:
Americans actually think that the Chinese will agree with their political correctness?

Stupid and arrogant.

We have not participated in colonizing Africa, nor have we sold slaves. The Chinese people do not owe any ethnic group, and they have no original sin. Publicizing American political correctness in China will only encounter widespread ridicule and neglect.

006lQwxsly1hc6nc6fowbj30qo0qognv.jpg

Americans actually think that the Chinese will agree with their political correctness?

Stupid and arrogant.

We have not participated in colonizing Africa, nor have we sold slaves. The Chinese people do not owe any ethnic group, and they have no original sin. Publicizing American political correctness in China will only encounter widespread ridicule and neglect.
huh?? How little mermaid being politically correct? Because they used a black actress to play Ariel??

Things is, can you tell me the race of a fictional fish-humanoid? I mean, I am not a fan of woke, but this is casting choice, just because it was played by a white actress the last time, that does not mean this time they are using a black actress is woke. Were we supposed to judge an actor by its ability to act and not their color? I mean I don't think Disney write little mermaid with skin color in mind, so what really is the problem for ariel being played by Halle Bailey?

I mean, it's like they changed from Edward Woodward to Denzel for the role of Robert McCall in the Equalizer, Denzel is good, and nobody is talking about how Political Correct when they flip a white character Black.

On the other hand, if we are talking about Adele James in African Queen, then I would be agreeing with you.

huh?? How little mermaid being politically correct? Because they used a black actress to play Ariel??

Things is, can you tell me the race of a fictional fish-humanoid? I mean, I am not a fan of woke, but this is casting choice, just because it was played by a white actress the last time, that does not mean this time they are using a black actress is woke. Were we supposed to judge an actor by its ability to act and not their color? I mean I don't think Disney write little mermaid with skin color in mind, so what really is the problem for ariel being played by Halle Bailey?

I mean, it's like they changed from Edward Woodward to Denzel for the role of Robert McCall in the Equalizer, Denzel is good, and nobody is talking about how Political Correct when they flip a white character Black.

On the other hand, if we are talking about Adele James in African Queen, then I would be agreeing with you.
Didn't you read Andersen's fairy tales when you were a child?

Andersen wrote, "Her skin is as delicate as a daisy flower; her eyes are as clear and pure as deep sea water."

The little mermaid should have blue eyes, rose hair, and daisy skin.

The Chinese people understand that this film is not just about promoting American political correctness, but it is actually about instilling the original sin theory of the main nation into the Chinese people, and trying to split and reverse nationalism in Chinese society, just like the American society today.

Last edited:
Why don't they live the fantasy tales to animations rather than trying to live action the shit? It always comes out looking ridiculous.

The Chinese people understand that this film is not just about promoting American political correctness, but it is actually about instilling the original sin theory of the main nation into the Chinese people, and trying to split and reverse nationalism in Chinese society, just like the American society today.
Bruh it's just a bad Disney movie.

Bruh it's just a bad Disney movie.
What truly controls American society is a minority with a population of only about 9 million.

For this minority, they need to instill this self hatred poison into any powerful subject nation.

Anglo Saxons, Slavs, and of course, Han Chinese……

Looking at the history of this ethnic minority, they have been dominated and intervened by powerful ethnic groups, and they have been forced to wander for thousands of years. Due to their fragile population, they cannot afford any risk of standing in the wrong line. In the rivers of history, if they want permanent security, they must divide or weaken all the main ethnic groups.

Last edited:
Didn't you read Andersen's fairy tales when you were a child?

Andersen wrote, "Her skin is as delicate as a daisy flower; her eyes are as clear and pure as deep sea water."

The little mermaid should have blue eyes, rose hair, and daisy skin.

First of all, describe what is "Daisy Skin'?

Second of all, would you be okay with this if Bailey wears a blue contact lens?

I mean, I will tell you this, I am not going to see the Little Mermaid as well, mainly because I was not a 12 years old girl, and secondly because it was shit. just like the play it has been on since 2021. On the other hand, you are talking about a character that is not really a human, I get it, you want to make it as sexy as possible, but at the end of the day, it is IMPOSSIBLE to go down to the exact detail of a mermaid even as Andersen portrait, because, it would have been featuring a naked-scaly half human torso half fish-tail with 2 big blue eyes, no nose and red hair.....

I mean, this is as absurd as it gets, there are no political agenda behind it, as it is not even human, you can even cast a guy and play mermaid and if you don't that's actually a lot closer to Gender Discrimination than Race.......

I honestly don't know which is worse. Calling out people who call out why mermaid is white or people who protest the fact that people have a problem with why people who have a problem for a mermaid to not be white.....

Holy based!
Hope it also flops in Vietnam.

The singing sounds like disc scratches.

You mean Aeris right?

There's already a huge scandal over trying to make Tifa's breast smaller in FF7R.
Think her name is Areith, the last time I play FF7 is some 25 years ago.....not remembering much

And oh yeah, if Tifa Lockhart breast is not bouncy, it's not political correct.....

Think her name is Areith, the last time I play FF7 is some 25 years ago.....not remembering much
Aerith, Aeris, same thing.
PSX ver was Aerith then it's Aeris.

Just some pronounication issue, Aerith is quite mouthful.

Aerith, Aeris, same thing.
PSX ver was Aerith then it's Aeris.

Just some pronounication issue, Aerith is quite mouthful.
Think it pronounced Ariel when it was spell Aerith, that's why I was going with that.

because I can't really get how you can get an "s" sound out of "-th"...But then it could be a strange Japanese things.......I have learn from a very early ages not to question Japanese way.......Otherwise most of their game make no sense......

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom