What's new

Muhammad Bin Qasim

We embrace him because he introduced Islam to the sub continent. Without him, there may not have been further conquests to spread Islam and if we weren't Muslim, Pakistan wouldn't have existed.

I've told you, in Islam, ethnicity is irrelevant, religion trumps all for Muslims.

Oh and Raja Dahir was a terrible person, the fact that so many people in Sindh helped Qasim should tell you that.

The Umayyads are generally viewed pretty poorly, but we're not discussing them. We're discussing Qasim.

Oh and btw not all Umayyads were bad.

I'm A sindhi and I would personally favor qaasim cause he brought Islam here and established Muslim rule .
Raaja daahar was a bad person because he imprisoned Muslims . That was only call of one Muslim woman captured by raja dahir that qaasim came here and defeated Raaja daahar .
Qaasim is a hero .
We admire him for his services for Islam and that's it , all glory and worship and praises only belong to Allah .

Indian don't kid here , the topic was female war captives .. now don't waste my time .

its a common misconception that Qasim was the first conqueror to bring islam to subcontinent .well he was not..check this thread i created ..
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/isla...mohammad-bin-qasim-correcting-history.472924/

We have learnt our lessons. Take them. In the name of Ummah.
Why should Muslims take refuge in non Muslim countries? You tell me. :)

That matter was settled. Islam has slavery in built in to the system. Something you accepted.
I was broadening the net. My point is that women were treated as good or better before Islam in Arabia. :)

well you should discuss the matter with learnt people or find a good resource instead of arguing random people here and there..i dont claim to be that learnt person but i can definitely share my understanding.

1) the practice was wrongly translated to a master-slave relationship which is the usual perception. The person who kept them(male or female) are guardians and the ones being kept (female or male ) are called`right hand possession` or just simply concubines .What your right hand possesses has nothing to do with captive slave girls.Even quran doesnt say `slave anywhere for them. Whoever has made these translations creates a big question to the credibility and understanding of divine language. The possessed ones have rights ,they can drag their guardian to a court and demand rights.they have right to inheritance from guardian and much more.

2) the need at that time was to accommodate families left behind by an enemy .a village would have all their men killed or few left.Since the new army would now take over the village or town they would make adult men women single mothers with children part of the family to support them financially as well as emotionally, this resulted in almost no criminal activity, prostitution being one of them.

3) the concubines could negotiate and walk away(many didnt by choice at that time as they felt it was like home and their children had future in the deal). Freeing them was considered charity, it was encouraged by prophet Muhammad.

the purpose of these acts were not to enjoy exotic women or show off power but a direction towards a functional society that buried deep the hate and enmity towards a conqueror by helping the locals incorporate.

Last edited:
well you should discuss the matter with learnt people or find a good resource instead of arguing random people here and there..i dont claim to be that learnt person but i can definitely share my understanding.

1) the practice was wrongly translated to a master-slave relationship which is the usual perception. The person who kept them(male or female) are guardians and the ones being kept (female or male ) are called`right hand possession` .What your right hand possesses has nothing to do with captive slave girls.Even quran doesnt say `slave anywhere for them. Whoever has made these translations creates a big question to the credibility and understanding of divine language. The possessed ones have rights ,they can drag their guardian to a court and demand rights.they have right to inheritance from guardian and much more.

2) the need at that time was to accommodate families left behind by an enemy .a village would have all their men killed or few left.Since the new army would now take over the village or town they would make adult men women single mothers with children part of the family to support them financially as well as emotionally, this resulted in almost no criminal activity, prostitution being one of them.

3) the possesses could negotiate and walk away(many didnt by choice at that time as they felt it was like home and their children had future in the deal). Freeing a slave was considered charity, it was encouraged by prophet Muhammad.
Sahih international is quite trust worthy. Your approach is nice. You are reinterpreting it in a new more diluted manner. I welcome it. :)

Sahih international is quite trust worthy. Your approach is nice. You are reinterpreting it in a new more diluted manner. I welcome it. :)
i dont know if you can bring up something that is contrary to what i said. its unfortunate the term slave is used even by very knowledgeable people, probably because they dont know what it means in the aboriginal occidental culture , the black history or imperialism.

Muhammad Bin Qasim was a general of the Umayyad Khilafah who conquered modern day Sindh and Multan, starting what was to be the 1000 year long Islamic conquest of the Indian sub-continent.

The conquest was started as a result of pirates from the area capturing a ship, kidnapping all the Muslims on board. One of the kidnapped Muslims managed to escape and asked the Khilafah to rescue the rest of the kidnapped Muslims. This resulted in the Khilafah asking the current ruler of the area (Dahir) to release the prisoners and provide compensation for this misdemeanour, however, Dahir refused. This resulted in Muhammad Bin Qasim being tasked to conquer the region, even though he was still a young boy, only 17 years of age.

Muhammad Bin Qasim led an army initially consisting of 6,000 Syrian and Mawali (recent non-Arab converts to Islam) troops, however, another several thousand camel riders and other reinforcements were provided by the governor of Makran, along with 5 catapults. Many Gujjars and Meds also joined Muhammad Bin Qasim's army.

During the conquest of the region, Muhammad Bin Qasim acted fairly and justly, attempting to do as little economic damage as possible with as little casualties as possible (on both sides). He always gave the people he encountered the choice of surrendering peacefully, only if they refused and remained in adamant in fighting him would he use violence. Even then, Muhammad Bin Qasim only killed those belong to Ahl-i-Harb (combatants), which included Dahir himself. The majority of the people he encountered chose to surrender peacefully.

Once a new town was conquered, Muhammad Bin Qasim always incorporated the locals into his administration and (if they willed it) his army. He also opened the gateway for proselytism to occur.

His reasons for success were his superior battle tactics, his more advanced technology (e.g the Mongol bow), the fact that the current ruler (Dahir) was very unpopular among people of the region, and the fact that he incorporated the people of the region into his army and administration, rather than alienating them.

Muhammad Bin Qasim was eventually arrested and executed during the Abbasid revolution, due to his uncle being Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf (a person who was greatly despised by the Abbasid's).

The legacy of Muhammad Bin Qasim is a large one. He was the first Muslim ruler to gain large amounts of territory of the Indian sub-continent, arguably paving the way for future Islamic conquests and proselytism, as well as large migrations of Muslims to the region. Muhammad Bin Qasim is also considered to be the first Pakistani, as the idea of a Muslim homeland in the Indian sub-continent started after his conquests of the region. Yom-e-Babul Islam is also observed in Pakistan in his honour. There are also many places in Pakistan named after him, such as the Muhammad Bin Qasim library in Thatta, Bin Qasim town in Karachi, Ibn-e-Qasim Bagh stadium in Multan, Port Qasim (Pakistan's 2nd largest port), etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_bin_Qasim
http://historypak.com/muhammad-bin-qasim/

@Iqbal Ali @Samlee @lastofthepatriots @Torch @dexter @waz @Horus @Mugwop @Kaptaan @PAKISTANFOREVER @Desert Fox @DESERT FIGHTER @Saif al-Arab @HAKIKAT @Reichsmarschall @Dalit @Clutch @Devil Soul @313ghazi @Albatross @Luffy 500 @M.R.9 @Mentee @Ahmet Pasha @Sher Shah Awan @TheLahoriGuy @Kambojaric @war&peace @El Sidd @The Diplomat @BHarwana @Proudpakistaniguy @Ahmad Sajjad Paracha @Mian Babban @Max @Talwar e Pakistan @hussain0216 @Metanoia

That is some flawed history , as there is no connection between Mohammad Bin Qasim and Pakistan

The "region" geographic area we know or call Pakistan and it's people had had cultural ties with various empires in past

That is why our food looks like Persian food with touch of extra spices

From European / Persian / Arab and Mongol , so we have developed a good cultural mix

And never did we ever were connected to entity called South Asia

Mohammad Bin Qasim did not leave us a Trove of Gold and Dimond which we used to free Pakistan in 1947, it was work of people Muslims who wanted a Independent state

People like Mohamad Ali Jinnah and others who envisioned Pakistan Such as Illama Iqbal or the ground work done by Sir Syed , who setup education and schools

LkUQbIy.jpg

slide_2.jpg

slide_16.jpg

slide_1.jpg

Last edited:
That is some flawed history , as there is no connection between Mohammad Bin Qasim and Pakistan

The "region" geographic area we know or call Pakistan and it's people had had cultural ties with various empires in past

That is why our food looks like Persian food with touch of extra spices

From European / Persian / Arab and Mongol , so we have developed a good cultural mix

And never did we ever were connected to entity called South Asia

Mohammad Bin Qasim did not leave us a Trove of Gold and Dimond which we used to free Pakistan in 1947, it was work of people Muslims who wanted a Independent state

People like Mohamad Ali Jinnah and others who envisioned Pakistan Such as Illama Iqbal or the ground work done by Sir Syed , who setup education and schools

LkUQbIy.jpg

images

slide_16.jpg

slide_1.jpg

Pakistani Or Not He Was Much Better Than That Incestuous Perv Dahir

From Historical sense , there is a problem , becasue we continue to lie to People in Schools about our history
History is defined as connection of people with various culture and society

Sure Bin Qasim was there for few years but we cannot remove the infuence of 5 Major Empires Pakistan was part of Last being the British Empire

Pakistan was fromed by Political Movement , not by Mohammad Bin Qasim's war

Our culture involves interaction with various Empires , Trade routes and that is true identity of Pakistan

The only major Empire Pakistan missed out on was Ottoman Empire and that was because we were part of British control

History = -600 Years before birth of Jesus , to present times 2018

Pakistan's Real regional History
  • Part of Greek Empire
  • Part of Persian Empire
  • Part of Ummayad Dynasty (A.k.a Mohamad Bin Qasim)
  • Part of Mongol Empire
  • Various Moghal Dynasties ~
  • Part of British Empire
  • Polical Awakening and Pollitical struggle for Independent state of Pakistan
  • Pakistan = is born

However we can see the region Turkey / Pakistan were one nation under different empires at one point in history. But that I mean the geographical area we now reference as Turkey or Pakistan

The idea to Glorify Bin Qasim , is a bit strange as I become more mature now vs how this idea was stuffed down my throat as a student. Becasue really Pakistan is a Nation which has had connection to various large civilizations of Pakistan and Present

So modern age CEPC China/Pakistan connection is no suprise

Last edited:
Muhammad Bin Qasim was a general of the Umayyad Khilafah who conquered modern day Sindh and Multan, starting what was to be the 1000 year long Islamic conquest of the Indian sub-continent.

The conquest was started as a result of pirates from the area capturing a ship, kidnapping all the Muslims on board. One of the kidnapped Muslims managed to escape and asked the Khilafah to rescue the rest of the kidnapped Muslims. This resulted in the Khilafah asking the current ruler of the area (Dahir) to release the prisoners and provide compensation for this misdemeanour, however, Dahir refused. This resulted in Muhammad Bin Qasim being tasked to conquer the region, even though he was still a young boy, only 17 years of age.

Muhammad Bin Qasim led an army initially consisting of 6,000 Syrian and Mawali (recent non-Arab converts to Islam) troops, however, another several thousand camel riders and other reinforcements were provided by the governor of Makran, along with 5 catapults. Many Gujjars and Meds also joined Muhammad Bin Qasim's army.

During the conquest of the region, Muhammad Bin Qasim acted fairly and justly, attempting to do as little economic damage as possible with as little casualties as possible (on both sides). He always gave the people he encountered the choice of surrendering peacefully, only if they refused and remained in adamant in fighting him would he use violence. Even then, Muhammad Bin Qasim only killed those belong to Ahl-i-Harb (combatants), which included Dahir himself. The majority of the people he encountered chose to surrender peacefully.

Once a new town was conquered, Muhammad Bin Qasim always incorporated the locals into his administration and (if they willed it) his army. He also opened the gateway for proselytism to occur.

His reasons for success were his superior battle tactics, his more advanced technology (e.g the Mongol bow), the fact that the current ruler (Dahir) was very unpopular among people of the region, and the fact that he incorporated the people of the region into his army and administration, rather than alienating them.

Muhammad Bin Qasim was eventually arrested and executed during the Abbasid revolution, due to his uncle being Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf (a person who was greatly despised by the Abbasid's).

The legacy of Muhammad Bin Qasim is a large one. He was the first Muslim ruler to gain large amounts of territory of the Indian sub-continent, arguably paving the way for future Islamic conquests and proselytism, as well as large migrations of Muslims to the region. Muhammad Bin Qasim is also considered to be the first Pakistani, as the idea of a Muslim homeland in the Indian sub-continent started after his conquests of the region. Yom-e-Babul Islam is also observed in Pakistan in his honour. There are also many places in Pakistan named after him, such as the Muhammad Bin Qasim library in Thatta, Bin Qasim town in Karachi, Ibn-e-Qasim Bagh stadium in Multan, Port Qasim (Pakistan's 2nd largest port), etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_bin_Qasim
http://historypak.com/muhammad-bin-qasim/

@Iqbal Ali @Samlee @lastofthepatriots @Torch @dexter @waz @Horus @Mugwop @Kaptaan @PAKISTANFOREVER @Desert Fox @DESERT FIGHTER @Saif al-Arab @HAKIKAT @Reichsmarschall @Dalit @Clutch @Devil Soul @313ghazi @Albatross @Luffy 500 @M.R.9 @Mentee @Ahmet Pasha @Sher Shah Awan @TheLahoriGuy @Kambojaric @war&peace @El Sidd @The Diplomat @BHarwana @Proudpakistaniguy @Ahmad Sajjad Paracha @Mian Babban @Max @Talwar e Pakistan @hussain0216 @Metanoia

Total murder of history. I do not know what people are smoking today. Sunday does not mean you can smoke anything.

Pakistan was conceptualised around 80 years back. Read the history of Jinnah and Iqbal.

He was a great warrior who conquered India when he was only 17.

He conquered a province Sindh which was unprotected.

Total murder of history. I do not know what people are smoking today. Sunday does not mean you can smoke anything.

Pakistan was conceptualised around 80 years back. Read the history of Jinnah and Iqbal.

He conquered a province Sindh which was unprotected.
Of course, what else could I expect from an Indian?

Back
Top Bottom