What's new

Abbottabad Bin Laden Raid

@HGV

You are cautioned not to troll.

Are you a UN expert specializing in legalities of matters of terrorism. Time to show it.

Col Saeed ud din 408 MI Battalion lives in San Diego CA.

Mullah Omar's offer was to put Osama Bin Laden on trial in a 3rd country but US did not find this offer satisfactory.
the arrogant idiots only made that offer when the US started bombing and they realized what they were up against. before the bombings, pakistan (musharraf) had sent delegations of diplomats and ulema to make the taliban see sense. but they didnt listen.

2 decades of murders, rapes, destruction have taught them a good lesson.

Point 2 is true. There were many rogue ISI officers who helped the USA. I've also heard that the Seal team helos were refuelled at a location near tarbela SSG base.

These rumors were spread by Hameed Gul.

This does not match details in the Abbottabad Commission Report and American declassified account.

This looks like an attempt to cover-up a nationally embarassing saga just to pacify the Public. But what will the Public do in any case? Nothing.

This raid occurred when US - Pak relations were tense in the background but Public was kept in the dark as usual.

the arrogant idiots only made that offer when the US started bombing and they realized what they were up against. before the bombings, pakistan (musharraf) had sent delegations of diplomats and ulema to make the taliban see sense. but they didnt listen.

2 decades of murders, rapes, destruction have taught them a good lesson.

Absolutely, bro.

Terrorists understand this type of language only, not that of logic and reason.

The people who did it are still walking around in the Saudi Arabia free as birds Al Qaeda membership consisted of Muslims from different countries and were strongly supported by Saudi Arabian and gulf monarchs . 13th of the 19th hijackers were Saudis nationals?
the network itself was HQ'd at afghanistan. how hard is it for you to understand that? and any and all branches, in other countries, were gradually wiped off.

Please keep in mind. The state is not as truthful as it pretends to be because of its own shady activities. Those who try to dig into sensitive matters are silenced by certain quarters.

A large number of terrorists were caught in cities across Pakistan, not just Osama Bin Laden. More terrorists were caught in Abbottabad in fact.

The right way is to give fair trial to Dr. Shakil Afridi and put Kiyani on trial as well. This must happen in the Supreme Court. But who has the guts to do this?

Those who think that stealthy tech does not work and EW systems produce no effect, American tech no less. Sure.

US could do this type of raid in India as well, if it wanted to. If this makes some feel better. It has done this in Iraq in 1991. There are numerous undisclosed raids of this kind from the US around the world.

Disappointment is in that a part of the helicopter that was blown up by American troops after its crash on a wall of the compound, this part was inspected. But Pakistan has not produced a stealthy helicopter.

Seymour Hersh is a very credible investigative journalist. But I don't know if he can be totally correct all the time.

My own theory is that Bin Laden hid in plain sight and it is not difficult to hide in Pakistan's very privacy conscious society with large compound walls around most houses. What difference does it make if the house was near military facilities?? It was 'near' but not adjoining. There are hundreds of houses of all sizes around there.

The best analysis of the raid--and Pakistan's defense--came from Rumsfeld shortly after the raid, where he said something like 'They [Pakistani officials] probably didn't know. If one official would know then the next one would know and then the next one and it won't be a secret. Look around the Pentagon: There are tons of houses and we don't know everyone who lives there. Heck, we even had a spy in CIA stealing secrets for a long time for the Soviets.'

Eventually Bin Laden was caught due to a lead provided by the ISI but the lead was not actionable enough. It took the CIA diligent work for a long time to build upon that lead and with the help of a certain Pakistani doctor, the target was found. The doctor himself didn't know the whole story--the target. Anyway, while Obama publicly thanked Pakistan for the help, it was Leon Panetta who decided to take all the credit and placed all the blame on Pakistan. There were not many public defenders for Pakistan despite Pakistan's help and even well-wishers like John Kerry mostly kept mum. That was America's ingrate behavior and was done to pressurize Pakistan more to help in Afghanistan.

The raid was clandestine and caught Pakistanis by surprise. America is a superpower--it can do such things!

Bin Laden dead: Good riddance!!

Pakistan has always been playing a double game. It's in the nature of the corrupt military establishment l.

Pakistan army sheltered Osama Bin Ladin so they can leverage him as a sacrificial lamb when the right time came along. Americans caught wind of the pakistani double game and took him out.

Simply put..
Never trust a Pakistani General.

@HGV

You are cautioned not to troll.

Are you a UN expert specializing in legalities of matters of terrorism. Time to show it.
There was no trolling. You deleted my post because I disagreed with you? Kindly show said "trolling".

I am an expert in international law, yes. You are clearly not and simply delete any post which proves you wrong, so I think my work here is done.

There was no trolling. You deleted my post because I disagreed with you? Kindly show said "trolling".

I am an expert in international law, yes. You are clearly not and simply delete any post which proves you wrong, so I think my work here is done.

Look. There is loadshedding here. Broadband services are getting disrupted. I am unable to type responses. I was typing a lengthy response for another member and it is lost due to the reasons memtioned. You can imagine the frustration. I am a busy man and I do not have time to get entangled in each and every debate.

I have paid attention to your views and I have pointed out that UN Resolution 1267 is not "all-encompassing." Binding was the wrong choice of word but your response came before I could edit my post.

UN has come up with a series resolutions in relation to developments in Afghanistan. Language used in these resolutions creates room for interpretation. Typical of what lawyers do. But you are accusing me of lying.

UN is welcome to declare Afghan War illegal and issue a nobel peace price to Osama Bin Laden for his services to mankind. Please proceed.

You are showing why UN is a joke.

Look. There is loadshedding here. Broadband services are getting disrupted. I am unable to type responses. I was typing a lengthy response for another member and it is lost due to the reasons memtioned. You can imagine the frustration. I am a busy man and I do not have time to get entangled in each and every debate.
I understand. No worries - I am not forcing you to respond, I just felt that your initial statement was incorrect and wanted to correct it.

UN has come up with a series resolutions in relation to developments in Afghanistan. Language used in these resolutions creates room for interpretation. Typical of what lawyers do. But you are accusing me of lying.
Perhaps lying was too strong a word as it suggests malicious intent, which I do not think you have. Likewise, I was not intending to troll.

There is indeed some ambiguity and room for creative interpretations, but your account was not correct (see below).

UN is welcome to declare Afghan War illegal and issue a nobel peace price to Osama Bin Laden for his services to mankind. Please proceed.
The US invasion of Afghanistan did not receive legal approval from the UNSC and was illegal under international law. Further, it did not result in the capture or killing of OBL, so I am not sure what your point is there (obviously no one is praising OBL, that's a straw man argument). Article 2(4) of the UN Charter is a cornerstone of the international law position on the use of force and the Article 51 exception is designed to be very narrow.

The US has a very unique interpretation of international law on the use of force, which the majority of academics agree that customary international law does not support. For example, the US position on the right to pre-emptive self defence is diametrically opposed to the position under CIL.

the network itself was HQ'd at afghanistan. how hard is it for you to understand that? and any and all branches, in other countries, were gradually wiped off.

It's disingenuous at best to say that the 9/11 attacks were "the beginning". It was the arming of Afghani rebels by the US (to fight the Soviet occupying forces) that created the Taliban, and it was the stationing of US troops in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm that "inspired bin Laden to form al Qaeda. Not saying that means the US is to blame, just that these things rarely have a simple, definable starting point.

Afghan Taliban won the war.

Even BBC and Al Jazeera acknowledged this.

Now get lost.
You can say that because US did not fully achieve its objectives. First was to get rid of Osama Bin Laden and second was to make sure Afghanistan will not be used for terrorism.

Pakistan has always been playing a double game. It's in the nature of the corrupt military establishment l.

Pakistan army sheltered Osama Bin Ladin so they can leverage him as a sacrificial lamb when the right time came along. Americans caught wind of the pakistani double game and took him out.

Simply put..
Never trust a Pakistani General.
I concur. I do believe they played a double game.
They were caught with their pants and open asses with the nuclear proliferation ... then set up AQ to take the fall. These haramkhors should have been lined up and shot. Who got what and how much.
They were creating and supporting terrorists all over. Like NK, these GHQ should have been pummeled once Osama was caught.

The US also is a double party orgy master... they keep these haramkhors to do their bidding as an when required. They want democracy when it suits them but otherwise for the illiterates, generals dictators are preferred. Egypt and all the other middle eastern countries.

Any theory one believes in, one constant is most Pakistani Generals are sell outs.

The ease with which US can have the Pakistani Generals do their bidding is mind boggling.

You can say that because US did not fully achieve its objectives. First was to get rid of Osama Bin Laden and second was to make sure Afghanistan will not be used for terrorism.
No USA wanted to remove Afghan Taliban out of power. Nice try though. :azn:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom