What's new

Musharraf Ki Yaad AAyi Us Kay Janay Kay Baad

Answering Your Top 3 Questions - II

Question: When are you returning to Pakistan? Will you consider forming your own Party or will you form an alliance with existing politicians?

Answer: One thing is for sure, that I will return to Pakistan. The timing however is of the essence. It is mainly dependent on the domestic environment. I have to see whether people vastly want me to return and also whether I can deliver. I have to work through the political and democratic process. Only grassroots support can enable me to carry out a programme and policy based on my vision for the future. So if this question is coming from someone who desires that this happen, it is really up to you to begin engaging. The youth who have been voicing this question and are the future custodians of Pakistan, have to get activated.

As far as forming a new Party or getting into an alliance is concerned, one has to be pragmatic. Existing politicians have their importance and a definite role to play. I have to generate direct public support to try something original. I do believe in a military maxim: “Never reinforce failure.”

Question: Why were such large amounts of bank loans written off? Does this not send the message to the citizenry that crime pays?

Answer: Absolutely correct, it should never be done. But who says I have written off a single loan of any rich or influential individual? Never have I done this.

I have, however, written off loans of the poor, especially those stricken by natural calamities. This was always done on a collective basis. Loans of the poor were written off in drought stricken areas of Baluchistan and Sindh in 2000, then of the earth quake affected in 2005, the flood affected of Baluchistan and Sindh in 2006 and as a part of agriculture reform package for the poor. It was always made sure that these special reliefs were not availed by well off individuals. I have never written off a single loan on an individual basis.

Any individuals who got loans written off have done so on their own, using their influence or other underhand means which must be investigated and action taken. This has never come to my knowledge, and I never took any decision to write off loans to benefit a single individual.

Question: Why did you handover Pakistanis to US for interrogation? In particular, why were Americans given access to an accomplished Pakistani citizen like Dr. Afia Siddiqui?

Answer: These are baseless allegations. Not a single Pakistani was handed over by me to the US or any foreign country. Those taken by US were captured in Afghanistan and not given to US. Our policy was clear:

1) Pakistanis will be tried in Pakistan.

2) Foreigners will be offered to their own countries first and in case of refusal (which was invariably the case), will be handed over to the US.​

The facts about Dr Afia Siddiqui’s case are still unclear. I only heard her name through the media when the story of her arrest in Afghanistan became public.

Question: Why did you handover Pakistanis to US for interrogation? In particular, why were Americans given access to an accomplished Pakistani citizen like Dr. Afia Siddiqui?

Answer: These are baseless allegations. Not a single Pakistani was handed over by me to the US or any foreign country. Those taken by US were captured in Afghanistan and not given to US. Our policy was clear:

1) Pakistanis will be tried in Pakistan.

2) Foreigners will be offered to their own countries first and in case of refusal (which was invariably the case), will be handed over to the US.​

The facts about Dr Afia Siddiqui’s case are still unclear. I only heard her name through the media when the story of her arrest in Afghanistan became public.
What an accomplished and habitual liar; This man has no self respect whatsoever.

Pointing to the fact that Pakistan had captured 689 Al Qaeda members and handed over 369 of them to the US, Musharraf notes on page 237 of the first edition: “We have earned bounties totalling millions of dollars. Those who habitually accuse us of ‘not doing enough’ in the war on terror should simply ask the CIA how much prize money it has paid to the government of Pakistan.” And following is an image from the revised edition, still saying the similar thing.

68dd11c5520f3aa49f3babe448c5be54.jpg

Last edited:
Those behind the barbaric suicide attack on the Ashura procession in Karachi want to damage the common fabric that ties us together. My sympathies and sincere condolences to members of the fiqah-e-jafriyah and the local business community, who are grieving loss of life and property. I salute our brave rangers and poli...ce forces that are trying to keep peace by putting their lives on the line.

Posted by Gen. Musharraf at his Facebook page.

Answering Your Top 3 Questions - IIIShare
Today at 5:34am

Question: What did your Government do for the people of Balochistan?

Answer: One thing that I can very proudly and surely say is that no one did as much for Balochistan as my administration did.

Infrastructure. We spent billions on Gwadar Port. It was a gigantic project completed on time and executed in a most transparent manner. The Port has geo-strategic importance. Its eventual linkages to the Central Asian Republics, Russia and China and the resultant trade corridors hold the promise of a quantum surge in economic activity in the region. This will bring about a perceptible difference in the quality of the lives of the entire nation but more importantly, the people of Balochistan. Other major infrastructure projects completed include the Coastal Highway, Gwadar-Rato Dero (950 KMs) Road, Mirani Dam, Subukzai Dam, Kachi Canal, and other smaller projects over which the PSDP allocation was more than that of Punjab. Let anyone challenge this statement.

Governance. Barring a few cities, the entire province of Balochistan was 'B' area for policing and law enforcement purposes. We were successful in converting a major part of the Province to 'A' areas. In this way, it was brought at par with the rest of the country. My administration believed that Balochistan needed the maximum possible resources for development, which had been neglected in the past. In this effort we were prepared to cooperate and talk to everyone in the province, but there could be no place on the negotiating table for elements opposed to the very being of Pakistan.

Question: Why was Akbar Bugti targeted?

Answer: Bugti’s death was a result of his own confrontation with the state. He incapacitated the Sui gas plant (by having 500 rockets fired in a single day), blew up gas pipelines, electric pylons, railway lines and bridges. He challenged the Frontier Corps and the Army by denying movement to them, and had rockets fired on garrisons. Aside from this, Bugti had let loose a reign of terror on the people of his area. The Kalpar tribe which was opposed to him were banished and forced to live as refugees in the adjoining districts of Punjab. Governments are required to act when their writ is challenged and when activities which are detrimental to the responsibility of the State are blatantly carried out.

The government reacted to restore law and order. Let me clarify here that the President of Pakistan or the COAS does not pass direct orders to the military or law enforcement authorities at a tactical level. Aspersions on my person therefore are quite baseless. Of his own accord, Akbar Bugti left with his militia for the mountains in an offensive mode while challenging the writ of the government. With regard to the ensuing operations Bugti was located in a cave. A detachment including four officers of the Pakistan Army entered the cave to ask him to surrender. It appears that the cave collapsed due to an explosion in which he himself, his followers and the brave military men who attempted to engage him got buried.

After the operation, Dera Bugti was a peaceful place and those banished by the warlord were able to return to their homes.

Question: Why did you allow private US security agencies such as Blackwater, DynCorp or Xe to operate on Pakistani soil?

Answer: The answer to this is very short. Never did I, or my government, either allow any such agency to operate in Pakistan or have any special access into the country.

What an accomplished and habitual liar; This man has no self respect whatsoever.

Pointing to the fact that Pakistan had captured 689 Al Qaeda members and handed over 369 of them to the US, Musharraf notes on page 237 of the first edition: “We have earned bounties totalling millions of dollars. Those who habitually accuse us of ‘not doing enough’ in the war on terror should simply ask the CIA how much prize money it has paid to the government of Pakistan.” And following is an image from the revised edition, still saying the similar thing.

68dd11c5520f3aa49f3babe448c5be54.jpg

Qsaark i think you jumped the gun here, please go through both statements again.

I think he was denying handing over suspected Pakistanis for interrogation to foreign countries instead of investigating in country and ascertaining the allegation.
He certainly was not denying capturing and handing over confirmed members of the foreign terrorist outfit Al Qaeda...which he has mentioned in his book as well.

Judiciary-govt row may result in more crises: Musharraf
Thursday January 21, 2010 (1244 PST)

ABU DHABI: Increasing differences between the judiciary and the government may result in further crises for the country, said former president Pervez Musharraf.

During meetings with former foreign minister Khurshid Kasuri, chairman Pakistan Muslim League like-minded group Hamid Nasir Chattha, former minister Sher Afgan Niazi and other political leaders Musharraf said the conflict between the government and the judiciary may result into a crisis.

Some of his political friends advised him to visit Pakistan and face the circumstances. They said that country lacks political leadership and people need a new leadership, therefore, Musharraf should have constitute a new political platform.

Sources said Musharraf wants to work for the country and after discussion with his friends, he would announce his political strategy. Sources also said during this meeting, matters related to formation of a new political party “Pasban” were also discussed. However, Hamid Nasir Chattha and Khurshid Kasuri said that former president should use the platform of PML-LM. No final decision came out of the meeting and it was decided to continue discussions in this connection.

Sources also said Musharraf would go to Saudi Arabia and meet with his close friends of the royal family. After that, he would return to London while his return to the country was not likely in near future.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

'Musharraf could unfold his political agenda in May'

Islamabad, Jan 23 (PTI) Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf, who has been living outside the country for almost a year, could "unfold his political agenda" in the month of May, one of his aides has said.

Lawyer Muhammad Saif, who has been advising Musharraf on legal matters, told the media that the former President could unveil his future political plans after completing a tour of the US.

Musharraf will begin the tour of the US in mid-March and deliver lectures at various forums. The visit is expected to last one-and-half months.

On completing the visit and taking care of other "personal activities", Musharraf will have time to think over his future line of action in politics, Saif said.

Saif also said some Pakistani politicians met Musharraf when he recently made a week-long visit to the United Arab Emirates.

fullstory

Question: Which political organization supports your vision?

Answer: Pasdar-e-Pakistan is a grassroots organization of my supporters. The Pasdars have been holding seminars, conventions, press conferences and public demonstrations on issues of national concern. They are engaged in building support all over Pakistan and beyond. As this organization expands its membership of registered supporters, I urge you to offer your support to it.

For further information, please contact:
info@pasdar-e-pakistan.org
Phone: +92 51 2814270
Or visit: Pasdar-e-Pakistan Official Website

Question: Why was the energy sector neglected? Why could Kalabagh Dam not be built?

Answer: It is not correct to say that the Energy Sector was neglected during my tenure. Energy Sector was given the high priority it warranted. Facts which are visible on ground are being distorted or misinterpreted, either on purpose or due to lack of knowledge. Some pertinent details are given below for your reference:

Till 2002 we were surplus in electricity by up to 1,200 MW due to poor economic conditions and negligible development in Pakistan throughout the 90’s. Under contractual obligations, we had to pay through our nose to IPPs for this excess power that we could not utilize.

From 2002 onwards our industry grew in double figures at about 15% annually. There was tremendous economic/commercial activity and about 125,000 villages were electrified in 6 years (as opposed to the 1,500 villages per year in the past). All this growth put pressure on our electricity generation capacity.

However alongside this demand surge, total generation capacity between 2002 and 2007 was increased by about 3,700MW. This was the reason why despite development, power shortages and loadsheding were unknown until late 2007.

This was no mean achievement. I agree that we should have moved even faster to keep pace with the unprecedented upsurge in economy and rapid industrialization in the country. However we need to understand that the installation of generation capacity has to be balanced with the actual demand of the users. Otherwise, the imbalance places a heavy and avoidable pressure on the exchequer which has to pay power producers for their idle capacity.

The demand by 2008 had grown unprecedentedly by 5,000MW. Therefore we suffered a total shortfall of about 1,300MW in spite of the additional 3,700MW that were added to the national grid. We initiated projects to meet even this shortfall that are coming on line now (Chichonkimalian-450MW, Nandipur-450MW, Chashma Power Plant-350MW).

Today, the main problem being faced by the public is not due to deficiency of power but an inability to utilise 18,000MW of existing electricity production capacity. This is due to reduction in industrial/commercial activity and a circular debt problem whereby the power generators have reduced generation for not having their bills paid.

It is indeed my regret that Kalabagh dam could not be started. I and my team tried our level best to take both the provinces of NWFP and Sindh along towards agreeing to construct Kalabagh. I spoke out in public gatherings and all my media interactions in order to evolve a consensus in support for the Kalabagh Dam. I constituted a political committee (headed by Mr. Nisar Memon), and a high powered Technical Committee comprising experts in this field from all the provinces under the Chairmanship of an expert of high standing (Mr. ANG Abbassi). The Planning Commission kept adequate allocation to commence construction of the Kalabagh Dam in the PSDP. Unfortunately the project was so misunderstood, politicized and riddled with suspicions, particularly in Sindh, that all political leaders became vehemently against it. Inaction was on account of advice of political leaders. We however did initiate the Bhasha Dam, which is a reasonable substitute.

Question: Why had you become a soft target in the Media? What is your opinion about the role of media in Pakistan?

Answer: Some say I am a victim of my own creation. I am a strong believer in freedom of the print and electronic media. It was this strong conviction which led me to open up the electronic media to the private sector and remove all shades of restrictions on the print media, bringing to fruition, the long struggle of the media for freedom. However, I did not believe in currying favours to get a favourable response from the media. Maybe I myself and my team were not media savvy. Our opponents used all means abundantly available to them to influence the media.

I have always been and continue to be very clear about the role of the media. It must be independent and free. However with freedom they must also show responsibility towards national interests. I expect them to hold governments accountable and responsible for their misdeeds in a fair and just manner. They must not distort realities and create misperceptions. At the end of the day they must ensure that the true reality and honesty win over lies, corruption and deceit. Media has a vital role to play in Pakistan. I hope that with the passage of time, the media will institute a system of internal accountability and adhere to the norms considered by it to be appropriate.

QUOTE=qsaark;598079]What an accomplished and habitual liar; This man has no self respect whatsoever.

Pointing to the fact that Pakistan had captured 689 Al Qaeda members and handed over 369 of them to the US, Musharraf notes on page 237 of the first edition: “We have earned bounties totalling millions of dollars.

Qsaark,
I ask you. Why didn't he hand over all 689 Al Qaeda members? Why only selective 369? Why did he refuse to hand over the remaining 320 members and earn more millions?

Simple. The remaining 320 were Pakistanis. He never handed over Pakistani. Only the foreigners that crossed over into Pakistan, illegally, without passports were given back, to either, their own countries or the USA. No one has the right to over-stay in Pakistan without legal documents and use our soil to launch attacks on neighbouring countries.

Secondly, Afia Siddiqui herself was a US citizen. She was not handed over. She was arrested in Afghanistan by the US forces, as accepted by US forces.

I would love to see Musharif & Imaran Khan come to power in some form -next elections - :victory:

We tried Mr Zardari Sahib (who I respect) etc as a leader of our nation but

I think we need a slight change - in direction, perhaps a new idea

Qsaark,
I ask you. Why didn't he hand over all 689 Al Qaeda members? Why only selective 369? Why did he refuse to hand over the remaining 320 members and earn more millions?

Simple. The remaining 320 were Pakistanis. He never handed over Pakistani. Only the foreigners that crossed over into Pakistan, illegally, without passports were given back, to either, their own countries or the USA. No one has the right to over-stay in Pakistan without legal documents and use our soil to launch attacks on neighbouring countries.

Secondly, Afia Siddiqui herself was a US citizen. She was not handed over. She was arrested in Afghanistan by the US forces, as accepted by US forces.

Before you claim anything always check your facts. Being a Musharraf fan does not mean that you should fail to recognize our willingness to hand over our own nationals.

While it is true that most of the nearly 6 dozen Pakistanis in Gitmo were captured in Afghanistan, it is wrong to claim that we did not hand over a Pakistani captured on Pakistani soil.

3 Minutes on the internet (after the earlier 10 minutes and a full length post resulted in an utter loss because firefox crashed)

Check all on Wikipedia, New York Times Guantanamo Docket and McClathcy Detainee Interviews

Asadullah Jan : Captured in Kohat in Ramzan 2001. Released by on 16 July, 2003

Ammar al Baluchi : Captured in Karachi April 29, 2003

Abdul Rehman Muslimdost : Captured in Peshawar, 17 September, 2001.

Shed Abdur Rahman : Captured Somewhere in Pakistan January, 2002. Released by US on 11 March, 2005

Mohammed Ahmad Ghulam Rabbani : Captured in Karachi - September, 2002

Aminullah Amin : Captured in Chaman on 20 December, 2001. Released by US on 17 September, 2004

Abdul Rabbani Abd al Rahim Abu Rahman : Captured sometime in Sept, 2002

Dual Nationals:

Khaled Sheikh Mohammed: Needs no Introduction. Arrested in Rawalpindi - March 1,2003 - Obtained Bosnian Citizenship in 1995

Tariq Mahmood - Dual British National. Missing in CIA Black Sites since 2003

I had collected twice in less than half an hour, even with the fact that those released before the start of the Combatant Status Review Tribunal in July, 2004

Most released before that do not have any official documentation on them and none of them discuss their capture.

And before somebody comes with Aimal Kansi, this is not a comparison game. You people supported the sacred General's claim that no Pakistani had been handed over to the US. I am presenting contradicting proof.

Last edited:
While it is true that most of the nearly 6 dozen Pakistanis in Gitmo were captured in Pakistan, it is wrong to claim that we did not hand over a Pakistani captured on Pakistani soil. ... And before somebody comes with Aimal Kansi, this is not a comparison game. You people supported the sacred General's claim that no Pakistani had been handed over to the US. I am presenting contradicting proof.

First of all thanks for the info. At least you didin't just wrote against Gen. Musharraf for the sake of it and provided some links as most people donèt.

Second, kindly provide evidence of "While it is true that most of the nearly 6 dozen Pakistanis in Gitmo were captured in Pakistan"

It is also possible that NYTès source of info is wrong as it has happened before. So lets not jump to conclusions.

Amil Kansi was arrested and handed over to the US for his acts in the US so it is relevant and will always come up in such discussions.

QUOTE=sparklingway;654064]Before you claim anything always check your facts. Being a Musharraf fan does not mean that you should fail to recognize our willingness to hand over our own nationals. While it is true that most of the nearly 6 dozen Pakistanis in Gitmo were captured in Pakistan, it is wrong to claim that we did not hand over a Pakistani captured on Pakistani soil.

Complete facts and complete intelligence can never be gathered from one two websites. Out of the 71 that were held at Guantanamo, for most the website you quoted uses the following:

XYZ is a 123-year-old citizen of Pakistan. He was transferred to Pakistan on XXX date. There are no documents about Mr. XYZ. He was released before the Combatant Status Review Tribunals began.

1- Again it should be asked why government handed over few selective men, and not the remaining 320 men? The intention is clearly there. There were no intention to hand over pakistani.

2- Now those so-called Pakistani that might have been handed over, as you say - it would be more appropriate to look up their original nationality and in which year they obtained Pakistani nationality. This has become a huge prime of concern. Afghans, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Chechans, etc - who wish to over stay in Pakistan, easily avail and obtain a Pakistani passport (forged or however), marry into Pakistani families of NWFP and classifiy themselves as PAkistani. To avoid being handed over to NATO forces. Every other day Tajiks, Uzbeks, Chechans are being caught in Pakistan.

Abu Jud Mehmood Samrai, an Iraqi who is married to a Pakistani woman, has also been contacted. He was given Pakistani nationality by former president Ziaul Haq for his role in the Afghan war.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | US in back-channel talks with Afghan Taliban

Passports linked to 911 found in Pakistan
Passports Linked to 9/11 Found in Pakistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Vice versa is also happenening Are Afghan Consulate Officials in Pakistan selling passports to terrorists? - ???? ???: ????? ?????? ? ??????? | Kabul Press

3- How many are leftin US custody? Six left? Their original nationality unknown unclear?

Asadullah Jan : Captured in Kohat in Ramzan 2001. Released by on 16 July, 2003

No detail where he was caught? Afghanistan? Does not mention Kohat.
http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/detainees/47-asad-ullah

Ammar al Baluchi : Captured in Karachi April 29, 2003

Originally a Yemeni or Emirati? Frequent visitor to Dubai.

Original name? Ammar Al Balouchi's name is 'Abd Al Aziz Ali' or vice versa?

Abdul Rehman Muslimdost : Captured in Peshawar, 17 September, 2001.

Citizen of Afghanistan

Shed Abdur Rahman : Captured Somewhere in Pakistan January, 2002. Released by US on 11 March, 2005

Lived in Afghanistan. Worked for Taliban. Attacked US forces. Joint custody. Given back.

What is the international policy for those that conduct terrorist activities inside other countries, killing people, illegally staying there and running back somewhere else?

Mohammed Ahmad Ghulam Rabbani : Captured in Karachi - September, 2002

Met Osama Bin Laden 6-7 times. Frequent stayer in Afganistan.

Again, what international rule would apply to such people who conduct terrorist activities inside other countries?

Aminullah Amin : Captured in Chaman on 20 December, 2001. Released by US on 17 September, 2004

Where was he caught? No documentation.

Most released before that do not have any official documentation on them and none of them discuss their capture.

Yes, precisely they do not mention where they were caught? Yet they were transferred back, due to Pakistani or dual nationality.

I am presenting contradicting proof

6-7 or even 15 people out of 369 ?

I do not mean to escape anything here. But when intelligence agencies work, they have take into consideration several factors. Perhaps the few that were so-called Pakistani obtained their nationality only recently, to avoid being handed over to NATO forces? Or that their documents were uncertain? The intelligence agencies know better.

Again, there has to be a definite reason why 320 were not handed over and only 6-7 out of 369 were handed over.

Lastly, it could be that very few could have been given over in mistake, but the Policy was certainly not there.

First of all, sorry for a typo; I meant most of the Pakistanis were caught in Afghanistan in places like Herat and Mezar e Sharif. I did not mean Pakistan. It was a typo and must have changed the meaning totally.

I have edited my post accordingly.

Asadullah Jan: I told you to check McClatchy as well. Here it is on him (Ramazan was in November, 2001 for your info)

Ammar al Baluchi : was brought up in Yemen and Kuwait like KSM but he is always listed as a Pakistani citizen.
check here

found another one:-
Majid Khan : He is Permanent US Resident. Wiki has huge article on him. Captured in Karachi - March 5, 2003
check here - read page 6.

He is a US Legal Permanent Resident, upon whom all laws of the US are applicable and he is subject to prosecution within the United States as long as the crime was committed within the United States. The US has no legal right over him on Pakistani soil. Extradition request can be initiated as in any other case but like all other cases, handed over for a small amount for a two bit Intelligence Officer to get rich.

I reiterate again, most were captured in Afghanistan. Some even in Thailand and Malaysia.

As for your concerns about International Law, we do not have an extradition treaty with the USA, and hence cases are handled case wise. There are overlapping extradition treaties among countries but we have a very small number of such treaties. In Mir Aimla Kanis's case, the US claimed that a treaty signed with the United Kingdom before '47 was applicable as the state of Pakistan today was under the legal authority of the UK back then. Just another stupid excuse to justify a forced abduction and a humiliating illegal extradition.

The point I wanted to raise is that, we have handed a dozen or so Pakistanis we caught in our own land. I was able to get info on more people, but as I mentioned Firefox crashed and the whole post went down the drain.

As for the policy regarding those who commit crimes on foreign soil, do you think we should hand them over? We should prosecute them ourselves. Did we hand over the Afghanis to Afghanistan, Yemenis, Saudis to their countries or the US? Obviously, our "omnipotent" intelligence agencies were generating bounty money for themselves and they have no regard for rules, regulations, ethics or established norms.

The sacred General was claiming just his innocence and that is plain wrong. Be brave and accept that we handed over our people. Moreover, most of the people released were held by the ISI and IB for many many months before they were released. Of course, their apprehensions are justified and they should be questioned before being let out in the public but we know that our intelligence agencies work outside the law.

Ghair-Muslim Khan was captured on September 10, 2009. It has been 146 days since his capture. Has not been produced before any court. We need to prosecute him publicly, make an example out of him. See how India lets Kasab get the headlines every week after his appearance in court. He has been used to keep the memory of the attack alive and to reiterate to the public, the threat of another attack from Pakistan.

If we prosecute these people publicly then we can remind people of the atrocities these people have committed, their barbarism and the real face of the Islamic banner carrying Taliban and terrorists. What we do is let some "secretive" agencies work outside all norms and ethics, and keep people in detention without any judicial remand. Not surprising that hundreds are called "missing people".

Nonetheless, he should be produced before the ATC before 6th February, as the Judge has declared him as a Proclaimed Offender. read here (The News link on this somehow keeps redirecting to the main page, hence Sify news). Upholding the rule of law is the only way to improve our society. And please anyone don't argue that the legal system cannot do justice with these people and the judge will let him go free. No nonsense please.

Also, I'm unclear about Aafia Siddiqua's citizenship. She studied and remained in the US for quite a long time, but did she obtain citizenship there? Her children were born in the US, and they had Us citiznehsip (we handed over her son to the US)

Details of the number of people handed over to the US will become clear in the next month or so. Here

I will waste another hour on the WWW this weekend and come up with more names and will try to find out the complete details about the ones whom you have raised your doubts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom