What's new

Drama outside Lal Masjid brings back painful memories

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Lal Masjid’s Maulana Abdul Aziz dodged arrest on Wednesday after his guards put up resistance to the police party when he came out of the mosque after leading Zuhr prayers despite a ban on him from the authorities.

Soon after, female students of Jamia Hafsa blocked several roads, including Jinnah Avenue and the bridge near Kulsoom Plaza, to protest against the attempted arrest of the cleric.

However, confusion and lack of clarity persisted over the entire episode as statements and versions from both the police and Lal Masjid failed to answer several questions.

Situated at the centre of the capital city, Lal Masjid came to prominence when the then military ruler Gen Pervez Musharraf carried out a full-fledged military operation in July 2007.

Talking to Dawn, a senior official of the capital administration acknowledged that a team of Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) had gone to Lal Masjid to talk to the Maulana and ask him to present himself for clearing certain queries.

Among the queries was his re-emergence as khateeb (prayer leader) in Lal Masjid despite the fact that he had retired and was replaced and attempts to take control over the adjoining plot of the former children library as well as other matters.

However, the official was not clear how Maulana Abdul Aziz reached Jamia Hafsa in G-7 and why the CTD teams could not stop him.

Meanwhile, on his part, Maulana Abdul Aziz floated his video statement on social media, in which he explained how some official vehicles came to arrest him as soon as he left Lal Masjid after leading Zuhr prayers.

“Two CTD vehicles chased me and stopped my car and then several personnel came out and tried to arrest me; they fired at us, which led to a fight. I got injured; you can see my car but my gun failed to fire,” Maulana Aziz said, adding that four to five CTD personnel got hold of him and pinned him down.

“I was injured but with the help of divine strength I got hold of the gun of one of the personnel and started firing. In the meantime, a large number of people gathered, which gave me an opportunity to escape,” Maulana said.

He said despite being injured, he was able to reach Jamia Hafsa.

A footage showed his car parked on Kulsoom Plaza bridge on 7th Avenue with bullet holes on the windscreen.

Following the incident, fiery speeches were made by Umme Hasaan, wife of Maulana Abdul Aziz.

Later in a video message, Umme Hasaan said the Maulana fired several rounds at the CTD team and there was crossfire. He was pinned down by the CTD officials after his AK-47 ran out of bullets. However, he was able to break free and with the help of the area people, reached Jamia Hafsa in G-7.

In her video message, she even sought help from the proscribed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), asking them not to stay quiet.

On the other hand, Jamia Hafsa students blocked roads, including Jinnah Avenue, and staged protests. Senior officials of Islamabad police made several attempts to talk them out of their protests.

During the protest, the seminary students also beat female constables with sticks. However, by evening all roads were cleared.

The police did not arrest any protester, but lodged FIRs late Wednesday night against three guards of Maulana Abdul Aziz who had been arrested by the CTD.

Talking to Dawn, a senior official of the capital police said all shots fired at the Maulana’s car were fired from inside by the occupant of the vehicle.

---------------------------------------

Na ryasat ki writ challenge hui, na Islamabad Police ki hurmat ko nuqsan pauhauncha, na hi kisi nay qanoon ko hath main lene ki koshish ki.

The headline image of the article shows jamia hafsa thugs beating up a policewomen. Ab kisi ko koi masla nhn hua? Ab yeh dehshatgard nhn hain? Yeh policewoman ab kisi ki beti nhn? Why do even have this place operational outside the writ of the state in the middle of Islamabad?

This was to be expected when your interior minister and entire security apparatus is busy with PTI and trying to trample the middle class rather than focus on actual issues at hand.

You have shootouts and madrassa protests in Blue Area on the main business thoroughfare of the city but the interior minister won't ever come out for a press conference on this. Is loru ko bas PTI walon kay liay hi TV par ana hai.

Stop fucking around with the country and focus on your jobs for once.

Looks like GHQ is pulling another one of its rabbits out.

Funny how all these “terrorists” just magically assemble like Autobots when the Junta is in dire need of a PR boost.

Lal Masjid and TTP are all just that…dramas. Sure, a threat exists, but it’s deliberately being overblown out of proportion for:

1. More $$$ to combat “terrorism”
2. To try and win back public support

Good luck.

So, Mullah Burqa actually fired shots at CTD, and he's still not arrested? Well done!

Those who have soft corner for these terrorists will come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories now.

So, Mullah Burqa actually fired shots at CTD, and he's still not arrested? Well done!

Those who have soft corner for these terrorists will come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories now.

Why is this guy even free in the first place?

Oh that’s right, same reason why Ehsanullah Ehsan was allowed to escape.

LOL. Don’t be over smart.

Why is this guy even free in the first place?

Oh that’s right, same reason why Ehsanullah Ehsan was allowed to escape.

LOL. Don’t be over smart.

I don't wanna detail the thread but do you even remember how Imran Khan was one of the few politicians who supported Lal Masjid terrorists and condemned the Operation against them. He's on record saying that the Army killed innocent people there. Now here we are, enjoy these innocent people.

These individuals who seek the assistance of terrorist organizations are among the most reprehensible, and it raises concerns about where their true loyalties lie. It is highly likely that they would be the first to turn against us once the TTP gains more strength. It would have been appropriate for both him and his brother to face consequences for their actions. As long as there are Madrassas and Mullahs of this nature, Pakistan will continue to experience sectarian violence. There was a recent video showing this individual, along with his peers, vandalizing a green area in Islamabad, and they were being protected by armed individuals associated with the TTP. Taking swift action at that time could have prevented the situation from escalating. Now, this extremist has garnered support from unsavory individuals like Diesels and others.

I don't wanna detail the thread but do you even remember how Imran Khan was one of the few politicians who supported Lal Masjid terrorists and condemned the Operation against them. He's on record saying that the Army killed innocent people there. Now here we are, enjoy these innocent people.

O bas kar day bhai bas kar day.

ISLAMABAD: Lal Masjid’s Maulana Abdul Aziz dodged arrest on Wednesday after his guards put up resistance to the police party when he came out of the mosque after leading Zuhr prayers despite a ban on him from the authorities.

Soon after, female students of Jamia Hafsa blocked several roads, including Jinnah Avenue and the bridge near Kulsoom Plaza, to protest against the attempted arrest of the cleric.

However, confusion and lack of clarity persisted over the entire episode as statements and versions from both the police and Lal Masjid failed to answer several questions.

Situated at the centre of the capital city, Lal Masjid came to prominence when the then military ruler Gen Pervez Musharraf carried out a full-fledged military operation in July 2007.

Talking to Dawn, a senior official of the capital administration acknowledged that a team of Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) had gone to Lal Masjid to talk to the Maulana and ask him to present himself for clearing certain queries.

Among the queries was his re-emergence as khateeb (prayer leader) in Lal Masjid despite the fact that he had retired and was replaced and attempts to take control over the adjoining plot of the former children library as well as other matters.

However, the official was not clear how Maulana Abdul Aziz reached Jamia Hafsa in G-7 and why the CTD teams could not stop him.

Meanwhile, on his part, Maulana Abdul Aziz floated his video statement on social media, in which he explained how some official vehicles came to arrest him as soon as he left Lal Masjid after leading Zuhr prayers.

“Two CTD vehicles chased me and stopped my car and then several personnel came out and tried to arrest me; they fired at us, which led to a fight. I got injured; you can see my car but my gun failed to fire,” Maulana Aziz said, adding that four to five CTD personnel got hold of him and pinned him down.

“I was injured but with the help of divine strength I got hold of the gun of one of the personnel and started firing. In the meantime, a large number of people gathered, which gave me an opportunity to escape,” Maulana said.

He said despite being injured, he was able to reach Jamia Hafsa.

A footage showed his car parked on Kulsoom Plaza bridge on 7th Avenue with bullet holes on the windscreen.

Following the incident, fiery speeches were made by Umme Hasaan, wife of Maulana Abdul Aziz.

Later in a video message, Umme Hasaan said the Maulana fired several rounds at the CTD team and there was crossfire. He was pinned down by the CTD officials after his AK-47 ran out of bullets. However, he was able to break free and with the help of the area people, reached Jamia Hafsa in G-7.

In her video message, she even sought help from the proscribed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), asking them not to stay quiet.

On the other hand, Jamia Hafsa students blocked roads, including Jinnah Avenue, and staged protests. Senior officials of Islamabad police made several attempts to talk them out of their protests.

During the protest, the seminary students also beat female constables with sticks. However, by evening all roads were cleared.

The police did not arrest any protester, but lodged FIRs late Wednesday night against three guards of Maulana Abdul Aziz who had been arrested by the CTD.

Talking to Dawn, a senior official of the capital police said all shots fired at the Maulana’s car were fired from inside by the occupant of the vehicle.

---------------------------------------

Na ryasat ki writ challenge hui, na Islamabad Police ki hurmat ko nuqsan pauhauncha, na hi kisi nay qanoon ko hath main lene ki koshish ki.

The headline image of the article shows jamia hafsa thugs beating up a policewomen. Ab kisi ko koi masla nhn hua? Ab yeh dehshatgard nhn hain? Yeh policewoman ab kisi ki beti nhn? Why do even have this place operational outside the writ of the state in the middle of Islamabad?

This was to be expected when your interior minister and entire security apparatus is busy with PTI and trying to trample the middle class rather than focus on actual issues at hand.

You have shootouts and madrassa protests in Blue Area on the main business thoroughfare of the city but the interior minister won't ever come out for a press conference on this. Is loru ko bas PTI walon kay liay hi TV par ana hai.

Stop fucking around with the country and focus on your jobs for once.
Military has sold our souls the PDM are screwed up the economy is dead and poor Pakistani have no jobs …
Pakistan is on 🔥and his heading for doom.

Don't bother please, nation is in mourning state for our 9/11 aka May 9th. Huge round the clock fatiha khawani is being held in GHQ and all the security institutes are busy paying tributes to one fallen statue and a 80 years old burnt house.

Routine services of security and law enforcement institutes will resume once the national mourning is complete, as pleased by his royal highness Hazrat Asim Muneer once he comes back to his senses from continuous overdose of Whiskey.

O bas kar day bhai bas kar day.

Sure, bro. It's public knowledge, Imran Khan opposed Lal Masjid Ops and termed it as killing of innocent women and children.

This is beyond that and instead gross state negligence, soft spot for such groups. I made a thread on this when Armed guards came out and there was a standoff with police, this was during PTI's tenure. The two incidents were during the TLP Long March and soon after the Taliban took over Afghanistan when they started putting up flags of the taliban.

Both Political parties and the Estab has no incentive to take action.

Also note a month or two back their goons attacked a village nearby and tore down a garden, nobody batted an eye, that is the impunity with which they operate.

Sure, bro. It's public knowledge, Imran Khan opposed Lal Masjid Ops and termed it as killing of innocent women and children.

Imran Khan and many other parties opposed the lal Masjid operation, Including PmlN and Pmlq. PmlN, JUI, JI and PTI also opposed the military operations in the tribal areas but General Raheel Shareef launched them anyway. The operations did reduce terrorism in Pakistan.

Its not Army job to launch operation on a mosque or Madrassa. If
someone has broken the law then its the job of the Police.

Only in Pakistan the Napak Fouj likes to get involved in everything
except from their job.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom