What's new

Musharraf Ki Yaad AAyi Us Kay Janay Kay Baad

First of all thanks for the info. At least you didin't just wrote against Gen. Musharraf for the sake of it and provided some links as most people donèt.

Second, kindly provide evidence of "While it is true that most of the nearly 6 dozen Pakistanis in Gitmo were captured in Pakistan"

It is also possible that NYTès source of info is wrong as it has happened before. So lets not jump to conclusions.

Amil Kansi was arrested and handed over to the US for his acts in the US so it is relevant and will always come up in such discussions.

I have edited my post accordingly, it was a typo. I meant that they were captured in Afghanistan not Pakistan. Earlier post has an explanation on this. Sorry for confusion.

The point I wanted to raise is this:-

Did we raise any voice for the Pakistanis who were captured on foreign soil? Did we ask for their release and prosecution in Pakistani courts?

Last edited:
Poem Dedicated to Musharif , Writted by AzaadPakistan2009 Feb 3rd2010

Musharif , dada, ab tu aja
Gai duur sub , tu phir aja

JF-17 , ho ya alkhalid ka pumpkin
tere dur main tu huwa sub mumkin

Mr10% ka nara lagaya logoon ne
dil per kiyon leliya , aeee army general tu ne

Rooth ker chal diye , apne farm land ko
Bhulla diya bagherat court ne NRO ko

IT wale hoon , ya seher wale , bijli nazar nahi ati
bass aek tu hi to tha , war on terror ka sacha sathi

Ab na , submarine ati hai na submarine ki khoshboo
Baith gai hain jaaaake sub langoor , in a tanboo

Democracy hai , ya demo-KRAZY
gharib ko to bass, bhook ne kiya hai crazy

Shukar aeeeeee kudaya , gawader ka
Mcdonald , nahi to kiya howa, timatar kha

Urr. rehe hain ye Predetor fizaoooon main
ho rahe hain tukre, loogoon ki gharanno main

Kaab phir hogi mulaqat tujh se, khatam ho ye drama
Bush to giya bhaag , ageya uss ka ba*ap obama

Bhool na jana , Rakhna yaad , yadoon main
zikar zaroor kerna apne memoirs main

Musharif , dada, ab tu aja
Gai duur sub , tu phir aja

Last edited:
QUOTE=sparklingway;654966]First of all, sorry for a typo; I meant most of the Pakistanis were caught in Afghanistan in places like Herat and Mezar e Sharif. I did not mean Pakistan. It was a typo and must have changed the meaning totally.

I have edited my post accordingly.

Asadullah Jan: I told you to check McClatchy as well. Here it is on him (Ramazan was in November, 2001 for your info)

Ammar al Baluchi : was brought up in Yemen and Kuwait like KSM but he is always listed as a Pakistani citizen.
check here

found another one:-
Majid Khan : He is Permanent US Resident. Wiki has huge article on him. Captured in Karachi - March 5, 2003
check here - read page 6. He is a US Legal Permanent Resident,

As for your concerns about International Law, we do not have an extradition treaty with the USA, and hence cases are handled case wise.

As for the policy regarding those who commit crimes on foreign soil, do you think we should hand them over? We should prosecute them ourselves. Did we hand over the Afghanis to Afghanistan, Yemenis, Saudis to their countries or the US? Obviously, our "omnipotent" intelligence agencies were generating bounty money for themselves and they have no regard for rules, regulations, ethics or established norms.

Also, I'm unclear about Aafia Siddiqua's citizenship. She studied and remained in the US for quite a long time, but did she obtain citizenship there? Her children were born in the US, and they had Us citiznehsip (we handed over her son to the US)

It’s ok about your typo. I highlighted only those whose examples you gave earlier.

Like I said, most of those that were handed over were non-Pakistani. From the 672 captured only 369 were handed over. Therefore, there seems no policy to hand over Pakistanis.

Now the NATO or US forces had around a total of 71 Pakistani in Gitmo etc. Automatically means the 369 that were handed over were non-Pakistani.

Most of those that were detained – the so-called 71 Pakistani – mostly were caught in Afghanistan. Around 65 have been transferred back. Only 6-7 have remained, and those too the most dangerous.

Which nationality they originally belong to, other than having a forged Pakistani or Afghan passports can only be determined by the ISI. How many of those were recently converted as Pakistani or converted after 1980s definitely would have been confirmed by the Pakistani intelligence agencies.

The few that you highlighted - mostly have their original links and roots in Afghanistan. May even be originally Tajiks, Uzbeks, Chechans, Arab etc. Most of them converted their nationality only recently, or after the 1980s war, to save them from being handed over to NATO or Afghan security forces or repatriate back to their ancestral homes.

One more example that you have given - that of Asadullah Jan – See here what it says according to your link.

1- He’s originally an Afghan. This is what he himself admitted “he was born to a family of Afghan refugees in Pakistan who originally were from Zormat and that he made regular trips back to his ancestral home.”

2- However, this is what his dad accepted “Jan’s father refused to talk about why his son had gone to Afghanistan after the United States invaded the country. He said only that Jan had been convinced to go by some friends and that, "I don't want any more trouble”.

3- Jan tried to convince them (the interrogation team) otherwise, saying he was born to a family of Afghan refugees in Pakistan, who originally were from Zormat, and that he made regular trips back to his ancestral home.

4- Its evident he’s not innocent and was involved in cross border terrorism. Either you are a Pakistani or an Afghan – you cannot cross over as per your liberty and cause havoc in country of your choice. His story cannot be taken seriously, as to where he was arrested. It’s pretty obvious he will distort to display himself innocent.

Again, Ammar Al Baluchi – what nationality is this? “Baluchi born and raised in Kuwait”?

He has lived in Iran, Dubai and Yemen. It’s not even clear he’s a Pakistani or not? Or a Yemeni, Emirati or has a forged Pakistani passport to top it all? This is exactly what I’m trying to point out to you – our intelligence agencies know better who actually is a Pakistani and not what the media reports or what the criminals/cross border terrorist claim themselves.

Also, Afia’s son was handed over to his aunt, wherever she resides. Two weeks ago, she appeared on Dr. Shaista Wahidi’s program on ARY and accepted the kids were with her.

Similarly, Majid Khan – he’s a permanent US resident, naturally a US citizen.

This is what Musharraf led government’s policy was – for both USA and India.

Former president Gen Pervez Musharraf had also turned down a US request for extradition of Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, who was wanted in the murder of journalist Daniel Pearl.

Pakistan has extradition treaty with US, says FO | PKMirror

In his address, Musharraf refused to hand over Pakistanis wanted by the Indian side.

"We have been sent a list of 20 people wanted by India. If we are given evidence against those people, we will take action against them in Pakistan under our own laws," he said, adding "there is no question of handing over any Pakistani."

Musharraf Addresses the Nation

Lastly, about the US extradition treaty - here is what the Foreign Office accepts, even though the US embassy spokesman says no specific treaty with independent Pakistan.

Pakistan has extradition treaty with US, says FO

Pakistan has extradition treaty with US, says FO | PKMirror

In 2002, Pakistan and Afghanistan, agree to sign extradition treaty.

Pak, Afghanistan Agree to Sign Extradition Treaty

Over 11 thousand foreigners arrested during last five years – Rehman Malik

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Over 11 thousand foreigners arrested during last five years

What are these foreigners doing in Pakistan? They avail PAkistani documents through bribery, fight for their original homeland and call themselves Pakistani.

Did we raise any voice for the Pakistanis who were captured on foreign soil? Did we ask for their release and prosecution in Pakistani courts?

65 out of 71 were transferred back. Isn't this a success? Though their original nationality is a BIG 'IF'.

"Similarly, Majid Khan – he’s a permanent US resident, naturally a US citizen"

Legal Permanent Resident = Green Card = Allowed to stay without Visa NOT a citizen. No legal rights on foreign soil.

Also I didn't say Aafia's son wasn't handed over back to us. I said he was handed over first by us.

The success can be evaluated after the next SC misisng person case hearing when the AG will produce the list.

As for the extradition treaty, as I mentioned earlier its just an idiotic pre partition treaty. Why the hell should it be applicable now?

The US-Pakistan accord has roots in a US-UK treaty of 1932, which was then applicable to all colonial territories. Pakistan inherited it after coming into existence in 1947 and subsequently through a notification in February 1973 the US was included among the countries with which it had the treaty.

Also I didn't say Aafia's son wasn't handed over back to us. I said he was handed over first by us.

Dr. Aafia's case becomes very murky when we look at the period from 2003 till 2008. I hope that she is reunited with her kids but I doubt that she was handed over by the GoP because:

1. There is no evidence
2. Her formal husband claims that she remarried and disappeared with their kids.

Ahmm Ahmm

Another debate has erupted after Barrister Iqbal Jafferi’s petition in the Islamabad High Court in which he has submitted that a huge amount of bounty money was received for handing over Dr Aafia Siddiqui to the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Barrister Jafferi, in his petition filed on August 8, has accused President Pervez Musharraf’s son, Bilal Musharraf, of taking the bounty money that the FBI had announced for the head of Dr Aafia Siddiqui.

The petition was filed to ask the court to direct the government to get Aafia back from the Americans and if the Pakistani doctor was guilty then she must be put on trial in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, a lawyer from the USA who knows Dr Aafia since her university days, told this correspondent on condition of anonymity that a huge sum of money was pocketed while handing over the FBI-wanted Dr Aafia Siddiqui to the US forces. She said that it was not known who collected that reward money from the FBI but someone gathered dollars for Dr Aafia Siddiqui

Barrister Iqbal Jafferi, who is 70 years old and suffers from prostate cancer, was not available for comments.

Read article here

Ahmm Ahmm

Another debate has erupted after Barrister Iqbal Jafferi’s petition in the Islamabad High Court in which he has submitted that a huge amount of bounty money was received for handing over Dr Aafia Siddiqui to the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Barrister Jafferi, in his petition filed on August 8, has accused President Pervez Musharraf’s son, Bilal Musharraf, of taking the bounty money that the FBI had announced for the head of Dr Aafia Siddiqui.

The petition was filed to ask the court to direct the government to get Aafia back from the Americans and if the Pakistani doctor was guilty then she must be put on trial in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, a lawyer from the USA who knows Dr Aafia since her university days, told this correspondent on condition of anonymity that a huge sum of money was pocketed while handing over the FBI-wanted Dr Aafia Siddiqui to the US forces. She said that it was not known who collected that reward money from the FBI but someone gathered dollars for Dr Aafia Siddiqui

Barrister Iqbal Jafferi, who is 70 years old and suffers from prostate cancer, was not available for comments.

Read article here

I do hope that the issue of freeing women and children should be imporatnt to our gov
Its very disturbing indeed to hear all allegations and specially now that its covered that there were no finger prints /bullets evidence in her court trial

As much as I despise the rule of a man in uniform and dislike Musharraf, it would be disastrous to hear that his son indeed got the bounty money. I hope that its just a lie and a false allegation but the fact that nobody from Musharraf's side has yet released a statement or filed a defamation suit against Barrister Iqbal Jafferi is disturbing.

This news is not news anymore. It was alleged in August 2008 and I've been hearing/reading it since late 2007. It's been above two years and nothing proved. I'm glad Musharraf doesn't respond to every non-sense that is published these days by our generous bribed media.

. Her formal husband claims that she remarried and disappeared with their kids.

She did remarry to 'Ammar Al Baluchi' - 911 mastermind's Khalid Sheikh Mohammad's nephew.

Further, he provided evidence in court that she resided in Islamabad with his kids till January 2007.

She did remarry to 'Ammar Al Baluchi' - 911 mastermind's Khalid Sheikh Mohammad's nephew.

Further, he provided evidence in court that she resided in Islamabad with his kids till January 2007.

Thanks. Please see if you have a link. I will also try to find that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom