What's new

Musharraf resigns; for nation and country

that resignation is not good for our nation leaving country in hands of dirty corrupt politicians is not a wise decision. I saw his speech and he was about to cry at the end when he said "Pakistan ka ALLAH Hafiz" :cry:
but mushy have done few blunders first he proposed NRO (which is now the lifeline of MR 10%) and then he destroys judiciary. if he didn't done such blunders, he would be COAS as well as president. but I didn't understand one thing, if he had to leave the office then why he didn't took back the NRO??

that resignation is not good for our nation leaving country in hands of dirty corrupt politicians is not a wise decision. I saw his speech and he was about to cry at the end when he said "Pakistan ka ALLAH Hafiz" :(
but mushy have done few blunders first he proposed NRO (which is now the lifeline of MR 10%) and then he destroys judiciary. if he didn't done such blunders, he would be COAS as well as president. but I didn't understand one thing, if he had to leave the office then why he didn't took back the NRO??

Owais, like I said in my previous post. Removal of NRO will destablise the country with these looters and their hooligans rampaging around like they did in the past and this will only further weaken our economy. As you knw the economy is sinking like the Titanic day by day. (60+ Billion USD has already been taken out of our country by investors)

Yes, I also preferred 58-2 (b) but I must respect his decision. I hope he returns as President because I don't think this govt can survive.

Which problems are you talking about? You simply dont know what Musharraf has done for Pakistan. Did you read/watch his speech?

Sir, with due respect...Debates tu sarey hi bari ala kertey hain....it doesn't matter alot..

Sir, with due respect...Debates tu sarey hi bari ala kertey hain....it doesn't matter alot..

95% of the speech was accurate and known. The current government spokesmen (especially of Nawaz group and co) have 25% of accuracy - the rest is propaganda.

Owais, like I said in my previous post. Removal of NRO will destablise the country with these looters and their hooligans rampaging around like they did in the past and this will only further weaken our economy. As you knw the economy is sinking like the Titanic day by day. (60+ Billion USD has already been taken out of our country by investors)

Yes, I also preferred 58-2 (b) but I must respect his decision. I hope he returns as President because I don't think this govt can survive.

yea u r rite man, without Musharraf we are nothing. Pakistan will be a failed state. None knew Pakistan before 12 Oct 1999 too. You are very rite. We gonna get weaken without Musharraf we cant survive as a nation. YEA RITE!

95% of the speech was accurate and known. The current government spokesmen (especially of Nawaz group and co) have 25% of accuracy - the rest is propaganda.
Nice you know the facts thats great. Today if this govt say YES to USA for everything, Our economy will BOOM like it never did.

But we lost an angel man every Pakistani is moaning :(

Moha199, its nice to see your love for Mush, Kindly tell me some logical and detailed reasons for your love. It seems that whole Pakistan is celebrating his departure.
What would u say regarding some issues inwhich Mush was directly involved, like Lal Masjid, Dr. Afia.....

Hmmm... It looks to me like no one else had ever handed over Pakistanis to americans or others. Perhaps, You need to change your view, a little.

Mir Aimal Kasi sent over to the US without a trial in Pakistan. This was done with the approval of Nawaz Sharif.

Ramzi Yousef (a Kuwaiti of Pakistani origin) sent over to the US without a trial in Pakistan or Kuwait. This was done with the approval of BB.

So much for not handing over others to Americans.

Why didn't he stick for a fight than, why didn't Musharraf challenge the charge sheet to prove his points?

When he resigned he took responsibility for the blame, end of story.

Only if things were this simple. What he did was the best thing for the country at this point in time even if he did not have any other choice. He could have certainly prolonged his stay as the impeachment proceedings would have taken considerable time.

Saudis have refused to refuge Musharraf thats what I heard on news, he is a walking disaster, most countries have refused assylum to him he played as he played a "front line roll in the WoT" so he has many enemies.

It looks like that you are more informed than anybody around you. So tell me how did you find this out...does the saudi spy cheif came into your dream and disclosed all the secrets.

down with Zardari and his son.( dakko-e- azam).:pakistan:

Saudis have refused to refuge Musharraf thats what I heard on news, he is a walking disaster, most countries have refused assylum to him he played as he played a "front line roll in the WoT" so he has many enemies.

Now is this something that you are cooking up yourself or can you back this up? Musharraf is more acceptable than that nonentity Nawaz Sharif or Zardari. Just in today's Dawn, a US diplomat has said that there is absolutely no reason why Musharraf would be denied entry if he were to request it into the US. Nobody wants to go to KSA and live there. He has options to go to the UK or Turkey as well. The Pakistan Army will continue to provide protection to their former chief. This has been communicated to Musharraf by no less than the CoAS himself. Col. Ilyas is his security chief and the Army has allowed him to stay in his role as the security chief of Musharraf after the latter asked. The issue for Musharraf is his lack of mobility inside of Pakistan. Eventually I think he will go overseas and most probably to the US where a vast majority of the Pakistani expat population will welcome him.

Last edited:
In his initial term as leader of Pakistan, he did some blunders.

Then he realized the practical solution, which was not acceptable to others.

At last he was forced to resign, he had no other options. Exercising any other option would have been disasterous for pakistan.

Anyway, in any country leaders staying too long loose respect.

Nice you know the facts thats great. Today if this govt say YES to USA for everything, Our economy will BOOM like it never did.

So on what count is your government saying no the US now? Still saying yes to everything and getting more money in aid than ever and even then the economy is in dire straits. Its one thing to receive money or concessions from the outside, of which we have received close to $40 billion since the 50s and another to be able to make good from it. After Ayub's time, under Musharraf was the only time that the macroeconomic situation of the country improved so much. Alleviation of poverty cannot be achieved in one decade. It will require sustained economic growth at the 7% range for the next two decades to make a dent. Musharraf did put the Pakistani economy on a very good footing. I hope the current government can put some sharp minds on this issue and reverse the downward trend.

The above are facts..not fiction that I have conjured up. I am perfectly fine with Musharraf moving on and as such I am not griping over his departure. However he did a much better job with what was put at his disposal than the likes of NS and BB (both of whom got two chances each).

As far as the sarcasm in many of the posts of Musharraf's antagonists here, please do remember that the ball is in your court now. You blamed Musharraf for every problem under the sun and now your democrats are in power. Hopefully they will set everything in order that Musharraf messed up.
I hope you realize that time to stick your thumb at Musharraf and many of his supporters like myself is over. The country is facing real problems (obviously all because of Musharraf as per his detractors), so get to work or get your government to work my friends!::whistle:

So on what count is your government saying no the US now? Still saying yes to everything and getting more money in aid than ever and even then the economy is in dire straits. Its one thing to receive money or concessions from the outside, of which we have received close to $40 billion since the 50s and another to be able to make good from it. After Ayub's time, under Musharraf was the only time that the macroeconomic situation of the country improved so much. Alleviation of poverty cannot be achieved in one decade. It will require sustained economic growth at the 7% range for the next two decades to make a dent. Musharraf did put the Pakistani economy on a very good footing. I hope the current government can put some sharp minds on this issue and reverse the downward trend.

The above are facts..not fiction that I have conjured up. I am perfectly fine with Musharraf moving on and as such I am not griping over his departure. However he did a much better job with what was put at his disposal than the likes of NS and BB (both of whom got two chances each).

As far as the sarcasm in many of the posts of Musharraf's antagonists here, please do remember that the ball is in your court now. You blamed Musharraf for every problem under the sun and now your democrats are in power. Hopefully they will set everything in order that Musharraf messed up.
I hope you realize that time to stick your thumb at Musharraf and many of his supporters like myself is over. The country is facing real problems (obviously all because of Musharraf as per his detractors), so get to work or get your government to work my friends!::whistle:
LOL the unconditional support is over is't it?
And also noone is selling people YET. And politicians when they will do something, they will be punished with people's vote and if people still vote for them, then I don't think people like you should have any problem with it.

What you say "yes" to depends.

Anyways, there has been no considerable change in the government policies.

Bombings are continuing, operations are continuing. USA is still using the bases, etc...

Except for the first instance the rest are acceptable, which might not be acceptable for the current government and its supporters. Yet, despite of current government in full power... Nothing is changed.

Now is this something that you are cooking up yourself or can you back this up? Musharraf is more acceptable than that nonentity Nawaz Sharif or Zardari. Just in today's Dawn, a US diplomat has said that there is absolutely no reason why Musharraf would be denied entry if he were to request it into the US. Nobody wants to go to KSA and live there. He has options to go to the UK or Turkey as well. The Pakistan Army will continue to provide protection to their former chief. This has been communicated to Musharraf by no less than the CoAS himself. Col. Ilyas is his security chief and the Army has allowed him to stay in his role as the security chief of Musharraf after the latter asked. The issue for Musharraf is his lack of mobility inside of Pakistan. Eventually I think he will go overseas and most probably to the US where a vast majority of the Pakistani expat population will welcome him.

Well these are some sources for your interest to back that up.

Saudis deny Musharraf asylum plan

From correspondents in Riyadh | August 19, 2008
SAUDI Arabia has denied it has a plane waiting to take former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf to the Muslim kingdom, a press report said today, amid speculation Riyadh could offer him asylum.

The Saudi ambassador to Pakistan, Ali Awad Esseiri, said media reports that that there was a Saudi plane in Islamabad ready to transport Musharraf were "baseless claims'' and "media lies'', the Okaz newspaper reported.

"Saudi Arabia has been and continues to look out for the security, stability and sovereignty of Pakistan and will not interfere in its internal affairs,'' he was quoted as saying.

Saudi's intelligence chief was in Pakistan at the weekend for talks with the government over the political crisis over Musharraf, who resigned on Monday to avoid an impeachment battle.

In Pakistan, officials from both the ruling coalition and the security services said that in the wake of his resignation Musharraf would travel to close ally Saudi Arabia in the coming days to perform Muslim rites.

A senior coalition official said Musharraf would then head for London or Turkey, but his aides insisted he would return after his religious duties in the Gulf kingdom.

Saudis deny Musharraf asylum plan | The Australian

Saudis deny Musharraf asylum plan

SAUDI Arabia has denied it has a plane waiting to take former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf to the Muslim kingdom, a press report said today, amid speculation Riyadh could offer him asylum.

Saudis deny Musharraf asylum plan - Topix

Saudi Arabia denies plane in Pakistan
By Syed Rashid Husain

RIYADH, Aug 19: Saudi Arabia has denied it has a plane waiting at Islamabad airport to take former President Pervez Musharraf to the kingdom, a press report said on Tuesday amid speculations that Riyadh could offer him asylum.

Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan Ali Awad Esseiri was quoted by the Okaz newspaper as saying that reports about the plane were ‘baseless’ and ‘media lies’.

“Saudi Arabia has been and continues to look out for security, stability and sovereignty of Pakistan and will not interfere in its internal affairs,” he told the paper. In a commentary, the newspaper asked: “Will Musharraf’s departure help to calm down the situation in Pakistan and lead to stability or will it just be another passing phase?”

“What interests Pakistan’s allies, especially Saudi Arabia, after the resignation of Musharraf is the country’s stability,” said the daily Al-Watan.

Saudi Arabia denies plane in Pakistan -DAWN - Top Stories; August 20, 2008

It came on tv senior journalist had picked it up and they were saying the Musharraf had been denied asylum by many countries so on they said that Saudis weren't expecting any Musharraf :D of course that part of the deal, the US specifically said that it would review asylum for Musharraf if he asked, so that is kind of bluntly NO, after all he was their "most allied ally" where is the love now, as for Turkey as I remember Musharraf build a palace there so he could live in peace with our money.

Back
Top Bottom