What's new

Musharraf: Uniform is an intergral part of my life

The problem is that for democracy there needs to be a certain atmosphere which we dont have at all and with politicians like BB or NS we can never create that atmosphere.

U see at the moment :The present attitude of the opposition is contrary to the democratic practice. Real opposition is one that can unseat the ruling party at the polls. The country lacks the culture and discipline of democracy and it is quite apparent that we have to fight a long way to create that culture but not with BB and NS in the politics.

melb4aust said:
But where are we gonna get this new leadership from, which has to be honest and could do well for Pakistan without having personal benefits or desire. Trust me under these kind of political conditions with such corrupt polticeans, its really very hard to groom such honest leaders.

And this cant be done, unless we, our people will change by putting aside our personal benefits for the sake of our country Pakistan. It is us who choose those leaders:whatever: .........

You have given the answer yourself. Why do we keep electing the same people back and then why do we complain that they did not perform good.

But atleast you can criticize the ones u elected unlike the military men who can divide the country in half and then get away with it as if nothing happened

Im sure there must be some politicians in every district of Pakistan who is honest and who has not used government resources for their own benefits.

Its time we change and the change can be brought by education only.

Jana said:
The problem is that for democracy there needs to be a certain atmosphere which we dont have at all and with politicians like BB or NS we can never create that atmosphere.

U see at the moment :The present attitude of the opposition is contrary to the democratic practice. Real opposition is one that can unseat the ruling party at the polls. The country lacks the culture and discipline of democracy and it is quite apparent that we have to fight a long way to create that culture but not with BB and NS in the politics.

Any country would lack democratic discipline if u wont allow it to prosper. Any sort of army intervention is a complete no

Lahori paa jee said:
Any country would lack democratic discipline if u wont allow it to prosper. Any sort of army intervention is a complete no

Many countries around the globe would have disintegrated without army intervention.
I know its not the ideal solution but when governments fall due incompetancy of leadership, some one has to take over.

It is really hard to make one choice, each and everone has its own importance, no matter its military or politiceans. Both are very important. As NEO said some one has to take over when there is a need. And thats what military is doing, to bring back Pakistan onto its stable position.

melb4aust said:
It is really hard to make one choice, each and everone has its own importance, no matter its military or politiceans. Both are very important. As NEO said some one has to take over when there is a need. And thats what military is doing, to bring back Pakistan onto its stable position.
Eventhough I don't fully agree with Paa Jee, I can understand his pov's.
Pakistan has seen four military regimes in her short history at the cost of democracy.
Its tells us a lot about the military but also about our civil leadership which somehow lacks maturity. :cry:

Neo said:
Many countries around the globe would have disintegrated without army intervention.
I know its not the ideal solution but when governments fall due incompetancy of leadership, some one has to take over.

Neo and other members please answer this simple question. Keep the politicians apart and keep the failure of political governments aside Please.

How many of you think that military rule is good for Pakistan?

Lahori paa jee said:
Neo and other members please answer this simple question. Keep the politicians apart and keep the failure of political governments aside Please.

How many of you think that military rule is good for Pakistan?
Answer....
Of course its not good. It all depends why the military is there and ruling the country. It can be bad it can be good. In some cases you may have no choice, instead to call military.
Now again its going to be the same scenario....
what can one do if the politiceans are not good enough? whom to go for? who to call?

melb4aust said:
Answer....
Of course its not good. It all depends why the military is there and ruling the country. It can be bad it can be good. In some cases you may have no choice, instead to call military.
Now again its going to be the same scenario....
what can one do if the politiceans are not good enough? whom to go for? who to call?

Keep the corrupt politicians out and give way to the good one. But military should go as soon as they hand over the government to political leaders which according to the constitution should be done within 90 days

Lahori paa jee said:
Keep the corrupt politicians out and give way to the good one. But military should go as soon as they hand over the government to political leaders which according to the constitution should be done within 90 days

90 days is not an enough time, for a country like ours, where we have bulk of corrupt politiceans. To find the right guy, it takes time as well.

Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr Sher Afgan Niazi has said that President General Pervez Musharraf can stay in uniform as long as he wills.
"Government will not to give into opposition’s threats as present assemblies have powers to re-elect General Pervez Musharraf", Afgan told Online on Friday.

He noted that if NWFP assembly would resign then it would not affect electoral college and President Musharraf would be re-elected by National Assembly.

Afghan said that constitution allowed President Musharraf to retain his uniform.

He went on to say that presidential elections would be held in stipulated time adding, it is constitutional requirement to hold presidential elections up till October 16, 2007.

Afgan said there is democracy in the country as both parliamentary and presidential systems are working along side by side.

He said that there is no doubt that President is neutral and the symbol of federation but he can favor any of the party in the elections therefore General Pervez Musharraf is supporting ally parties.

http://paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=149211

Mr. Afgan had also said a few days back that those holding degrees of religious institutions would not be allowed to participate in the next elections.

I would like to ask, why were they allowed to contest in 2002 elections?

Lahori paa jee said:
Mr. Afgan had also said a few days back that those holding degrees of religious institutions would not be allowed to participate in the next elections.

I would like to ask, why were they allowed to contest in 2002 elections?

Sher Afgan is playing the pressure cards otherwise all know well that religiouse elements were allowed to contest and they will also be allowed this time.

the excuse i think is a good tool to keep them under pressur whenever they r getting unruly and troublesome for the government ;)

Sher Afgan is playing the pressure cards otherwise all know well that religiouse elements were allowed to contest and they will also be allowed this time.

the excuse i think is a good tool to keep them under pressur whenever they r getting unruly and troublesome for the government

Jana jee its a governments tactic to get the support of Maulvi's

The next step would be Mushy would say we will allow u to contest in the elections with these degrees and u support me

Back
Top Bottom