What's new

Muslim General takes over Command of key 15 Corps

yeah great that's olllllllllllllllld news kiddo. And quite frankly, not a big deal.

yeah great that's olllllllllllllllld news kiddo. And quite frankly, not a big deal.

But that didn't stop your countrymen from posting it, did it? Now it was upto me , I wouldnt have cared much about the news about the Muslim General as well. But since you were making generalizations, I thought I'd remind you to look underneath your own chair,

no i'll put underneath my steel tipped boots and not bother looking; because making an issue out of a non-issue is reserved mostly for insecure and/or childish persons

and you don't know me, so don't say I made those generalizations

He just asks what is the need to prove them(the people who think wrongly about India) wrong ??

Who is proving anything. We just highlighted a point. That chap just took an idealist position, though correct it does not cater for ground realities.

Do we have any international obligation to do that and he i absolutely correct in that.

Agreed that we have no international obligation. It is by only highlighting such points that you can get your point across, but many people still like to dwell in ignorance. Many Pakistani members here have learnt much about us by such highlighting.

Whatever be the move you cannot convince them.For example Tell them About Dr.Kalam they will tell he just has a Muslim name and he is not a Muslim.

Oh yes! i have seen them demonize Dr.Kalam. The majority of them dont wanna learn, but it doesn't mean you start suppressing such news making excuses of their ignorance & inability to learn.

I understand the original idea is to show in the forum that muslims are not discriminated.

But an army commander being muslim neither proves or falsifiy the claim.(that they are treated equally). We had an airforce chief too.

The bottomline is forces are secular, and such appointments are not considered on religion.(Where as envoys and diplomats to middle east, many political appointees, heads of minority institutions, minority affairs ministry etc are considered on the basis of religion)

No matter how much (as a non muslim) I wish that they are not discriminated, it is not true. Only an indian muslim can confirm the extent of it.

I would love to know above to unshock me.....

Sikh and Hindu officers usher in a new era in Pakistani Army

Pakistan-Army.jpg

Sunday, 08 June 2008 - In the picturesque surroundings of Kakul, Abbottabad, in NWFP, stands a quaint colonial building housing the prestigious Pakistan Military Academy (PMA).

I'm consequently surprised to hear about the scene the PMA witnessed two years ago—as the sound of Azaan echoed in the PMA, a cadet in his room rolled out the jainamaz facing the west. His mate, however, turned to his own sacred corner, where symbols of Sikh religion were gathered.

Their prayers over, they returned to their chores, oblivious of the history they had created in the academy. This is Pakistan, the land where rampant strives to squash the remaining semblances of religious tolerance.

It wasn't that the PMA proscribed other forms of worship; there simply hadn't been a Sikh cadet till then.

Narrating this stirring story is Hercharin Singh, Pakistan's first Sikh officer and a symbol of the changing face of its army. Now 23, dressed in a smart khaki uniform and sporting a solitary star on his shoulder,Lieutenant Singh cannot help suppress the sense of pride he feels whenever he passes his juniors and the response is a smart salute to him!

He and I are sitting in the posh Officers Mess of Malir cantonment, Karachi. Providing us company are Capt Danish in his Ranger's uniform and Capt Aneel Kumar, both Hindu doctors of the Combined Military Hospital. Capt Danish is considered the first Hindu officer to have been drafted into the Pakistan army.

They display verve as we talk, and listen in rapt attention to the experiences of each other in the army. Says Singh about his PMA days, "At times I used to wonder what I had landed myself into. I stood out like a sore thumb and many of the cadets had never seen a Sikh in flesh. I had a tough time because of my appearance. Others — Hindu and Christian — at least look like 'ordinary' cadets."

For nearly two years, We had been relentlessly seeking access to Singh and the two Hindu officers. It took months of persistent lobbying by ISPR's Director-General Gen Athar Abbas before the army agreed to allow an interview with the three officers. As Col Atiq coordinated to fly to Karachi last week, new obstacles kept surfacing. Lt Col Idrees Malik in Karachi had to implore his superiors to grant permission to Singh to miss a day's class in the course he's taking, and bring out Capt Danish from interior Sindh.

It was quite clear that the strict and strenuous rigors of the military had in no way broken the spirit and over confidence of Sardarji or his two Hindu colleagues. The Pakistan army has really changed in more than one ways. They are now producing officers who are literally wearing their religion on their sleeves with pride, and the self-confidence of speaking to the media for hours is a change from interactions that this writer has had with young officers over the decades.

Sikh and Hindu officers usher in a new era in Pakistani Army | SikhNet

I would love to know above to unshock me.....

Pakistan's first non-Muslim and certainly most respected Chief Justice of Pakistan Supreme Court was Justice A. R. Cornelius. Pakistani Christians also distinguished themselves as great fighter pilots in the Pakistan Air Force. Notable amongst them are Cecil Chaudhry, Peter O'Reilly and Mervyn L Middlecoat.

Christianity in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Group Captain Cecil Chaudhry is a Pakistani Christian veteran fighter pilot who as a Flight Lieutenant fought in the 1965 Indo-Pakistani war of 1965 and, as a Squadron Leader, in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. He is the renowned Pakistan Air Force fighter pilot who was honored for his gallantry and courage under fire with the Sitara-e-Jurat. Chaudhry was one of many distinguished Pakistani pilots. During the 1965 war, Chaudhry, and three other pilots, under the leadership of Wing Commander Anwar Shamim, destroyed the Amritsar Radar Station in a daring attack.

Cecil Chaudhry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The thread starter highlighted his own hysteria and ignorance about Islam and Muslims by pointing out the promotion of an Indian soldier with a Islamic/Muslim sounding name. How are you so sure that the guy is a Muslim?

Suppose if his name was Mohan or Cadick, would you still have come over and attempt to "enlighten and educate" us all on his auspicious promotion that none of us here give a rat arse about? would the thought still have crossed your mind?

Hell no. The General is still an enemy of Kashmiris and Pak army across the border. he's partaking in oppression of Kashmiris.

Heck, Adolf Hitler is a Christian name and he was brought up with Christian values but does his name alone make him a Christian?

Last edited:
Do you mean to say there were no wars before the last couple of centuries. And secularism is the reason for all those wars. Good going

And your saying that all the wars fought before that where because of religion?

I mentioned specifically that last couple of centuries as these where years where mass killings took place that made any war fought on faith seems like a stick fight.

Liberals & secularist have won. The U.S is closing down guantanamo bay. Can we expect a similar gesture from Taliban. If yes, how many centuries from now.

Its been closing down gitmo for a few years now......get back to me when they do actually close it down.
You can not expect a similiar gesture from the taliban becauce they dont run torture camps.

Please don't ridicule secularism and democracy, just because couple of imperialists (U.$, Brit) misused it. Would you call a whole town as thieves because a couple of them were caught stealing

Does the same logic apply to religious wars?.....or can the excuses only be used for secularism.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/82349-trouble-atheism.html#post1299495

Last edited:
with the existence of blasphemy laws in Pakistan. I don't think any logically thinking or moderate Pakistani would say that other religions have equal religious freedoms in Pakistan vs India.

Furthermore, is it not also true that there is a disparity of taxes levied on non Muslims vs Muslims in Pakistan?

But ultimately remember this, when you have jack of an economy, depend on the world for aid to sustain your economy, see doom and gloom practically everywhere- then all you are left with is to constantly try and bring India down by provoking these issues of muslims being not treated well or some insignificant issue , when really you should be spending your time in looking inward!

Last edited:
All those who keeps questioning the treatment of Minority (specially Muslim) in India,this is how we (Indian) answers them.:tup:

Absolute rubbish...How dare you drag the army into your small world. He is a proud Indian first. I am afraid, but this is pure nonsense....

The thread starter highlighted his own hysteria and ignorance about Islam and Muslims by pointing out the promotion of an Indian soldier with a Islamic/Muslim sounding name. How are you so sure that the guy is a Muslim?

Suppose if his name was Mohan or Cadick, would you still have come over and attempt to "enlighten and educate" us all on his auspicious promotion that none of us here give a rat arse about? would the thought still have crossed your mind?

Hell no. The General is still an enemy of Kashmiris and Pak army across the border. he's partaking in oppression of Kashmiris.

Heck, Adolf Hitler is a Christian name and he was brought up with Christian values but does his name alone make him a Christian?

What are you trying to say that he is not muslim? there are thousands of muslims in the Indian army some who have lied down their lives to be shaheed.

photo_1237903801110-1-1.jpg

Kashmiri Muslims perform funeral prayers over the coffin of slain Indian Army soldier Shabir Ahmed Maliks at Dab Wakoora, northeast of Srinagar. Indian troops in revolt-hit Kashmir shot dead five Islamic militants Tuesday, bringing the death toll on both sides from several days of forest gunbattles to 24, the army said.

Back
Top Bottom