Muslim youth in India dissociate from terror: Sufi cleric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi : The realisation that jihadis are using Islam to create an environment of terror is leading Muslim youth in India todissociate themselves from violence and radicalism, says a leading Islamic scholar and cleric.

"The followers of Islam have no link with the minions of terror," said Hazrat Maulana Syed Mohammed Ashraf Sahab Kichhouhhawi, general secretary of the All-India Ulama and Mashaik Board.

Addressing a gathering on"Sufism and Indian Islam" at theVivekananda International Foundation late Monday, he said, "The Wahabis (ultra-orthodox Muslim) were using biased literature to propagate their theorised monotheism which has currently become the reservoir of terrorism the world over."

Kichhouhhawi struck a chord with the audience with his easy mix of Urdu, Hindi and English arguments in favour of peace, love and faith in god - the core of the moderate Sufi faith.

Kichhouhhawi said "his organisation is carrying the message of peace to Muslims in the grassroots".

He said they were visiting places"to tell people that they cannot act against the country or people. Terrorists cannot disrupt Hindu-Muslim amity because they are not our people. We have told them to hand terrorists to police," the cleric said.

He said "altogether 20 lakh people in places like Moradabad, Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh and in Bhagalpur in Bihar had responded positively to this appeal for non-violence".

He said the Islamic religion was not for beliefs, worshipping andsociometry, but "is also a religion where there are laws tosolve all the problems encompassing different departments of life in Quran..."

"And after his demise, the opportunity to change the 'shariat' has absolutely ceased," the 46-year-old cleric said.

Kichhouhhawi alleged that "the current thinktanks, in order to implement their multiple interests, are eliminating the judicial powers of prophet Mohammed by engaging their 'shura' council to get them vetoed so that by posing a fictitious threat to religion they could enforce 'whenever and wherever' they desire".

He said "all schools of Islam believe that the world is a land of peace and no single Muslim was forbidden to practise his religion".

Therefore there was no need of jihad and bloodshed, he argued."Islam's soul is Sufism and only through Sufism can the message of Islam reach the world," the cleric said.

"People need to address the inadequacies in themselves and learn the joys of 'mohabbat (love)'," the cleric said at the lecture hosted by the Vivekananda International Foundation and the Global Foundation for Civilisational Harmony-India.

The cleric said a true Sufi must have "ilm" and "ishq" in their personality. "Sufism cannot be understood through literature but one has to live with the Sufimystics to understand it," the cleric added.

Islamic scholars define Sufism asthe inner mystical dimension of Islam which teaches the follower to cleanse the heart and seek god. The moderate nature of the faith has often setit against the orthodox Wahabi Islam, fomenting criticism.

Sufism played an important rolein the spread of Islam in India. The early Sufi mystics arrived in India in the 12th century and settled in northern India. One ofits famous patrons was 16th century Mughal emperor Akbar.
Muslim youth in India dissociate from terror: Sufi cleric | TwoCircles.net

Thatswhy when George Bush was introducing Manmohan Singh to his wife he said.."Honey i meet you to meet the PM of a country which has over 150 million muslims but not a single member of Al-Qaida"

no !
it is 150 million fools who think they are muslims because they have muslims names.
they know that they serve a non muslim regime; but still pretend that they are msulim.
they are the worst scum of earth.

no !
it is 150 million fools who think they are muslims because they have muslims names.
they know that they serve a non muslim regime; but still pretend that they are msulim.

What is a Muslim?(Acc. to you)

What is a Muslim?(Acc. to you)

I am no one to describe, I can narrate my understanding though.

Muslim is some one who lives by the word of Allah,
and dedicated his life to spreading the words of Allah,
and making supreme the will of Allah.

Thatswhy when George Bush was introducing Manmohan Singh to his wife he said.."Honey i meet you to meet the PM of a country which has over 150 million muslims but not a single member of Al-Qaida"

Its not Muslim Youth from India , many good muslims around the world who are enough sane dissociate themselves from terror.
I guess few such good muslims are in our neighbouring country too but hardly I can any of them on PDF

Good answer..This is exactly the answer i got when i asked my Muslim friends from India.Infact thank you for the first line also which i have bolded...which is the answer to your previous comment..You are no one to judge anyone.

Very True !!
All muslims & non-muslims are Allah's creation & childrens. No man in Allah's name have right to kill or hurt what Allah has created. In that sense we have 150 million muslims in our country I am sure about it !!

no !

Post reported. Calling our Indian muslim brothers a scum.

So muslims working in Russia, China and America to are scum because they have muslim names but serve a non muslim regime.
Good to know your definition of muslim. NO wonder radicalization is a problem in few nations.

^

When you collaborate with idol worshipers to attack Muslims, deen goes out of the window.

no !
so muslims living in non muslim countries cannot be called muslims
i have read anyone following five pillars of islam is a muslim
which version of quran do you have

no !

Why this Kolaveri di? Are you not happy that they dissociate themselves from terrorism or you not happy that none are member of Al-Quaida? Does not having association with these two make them non-muslim?

And who are you to say they are muslim or not? I say the follower of terrorism and supporters of Al-quaida, who have muslim names are not muslims and are the worst scums of earth..

People like you and person in your avatar is the reason why Pakistan is in such a mess today. Keep at it :pop:

no !

Who the HELL ARE U to judge us,,,, judge ur self firts living in muslims country doesn't make u or ur country men torch beares of Islam.

tauba kar lo ,,, ALLAH (SWT) ka azaab hai aap ke mulk par aur aap ki awaam par .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom