What's new

My family fought for Pakistan

azmax007

Reaction score
I was told this story out of many stories which deals with my family. My grand uncle was an East Pakistani fighter. He hid under an Indian tank when it was stationed in Pakistani territory and he remained there for the entire day. When the coast was clear he hijacked the tank and slaughtered the Indian soldiers around him.

As you can see Bengalis were loyal to Pakistan and we worked hard to protect the sovereignty of Pakistan prior to 1971 from Hindustan. It's a shame that the greater Pakistan doesn't exists today due to General Khan and Ali Bhutto, if they just recognized the elections then Pakistan would be a greater nation today.

Indeed. It is a shame that we lost East Pakistan just for a "Warm Chair". I have fond memories of the past when we lived as one nation. Had some very good friends in our Armed Forces from E.Pak.

I was told this story out of many stories which deals with my family. My grand uncle was an East Pakistani fighter. He hid under an Indian tank when it was stationed in Pakistani territory and he remained there for the entire day. When the coast was clear he hijacked the tank and slaughtered the Indian soldiers around him.

As you can see Bengalis were loyal to Pakistan and we worked hard to protect the sovereignty of Pakistan prior to 1971 from Hindustan. It's a shame that the greater Pakistan doesn't exists today due to General Khan and Ali Bhutto, if they just recognized the elections then Pakistan would be a greater nation today.

Very brave.

One man slaughters all Indian soldiers around him with weapons and a tank.

How come then he had to hide under a tank in the first place?

Good story.

Who are you trying to oil with such a ridiculous stories.

How many Indian soldiers did he slaughter?

Rambo is a fictional story.

I presume the remainder Bengalis were disloyal.

Indeed, if all Bengalis were so loyal, then how come Bangaldesh came into being?

It is the Razaakar and collaborators who were in the minority and were with the Pakistan Army.

Since you are still there in Bangladesh, why don't you stand up and announce your loyalty to Pakistan.

Let's see how many would be going along with you?

Why blame Yahyah and Bhutto?

They did what they thought was right.

How come your grandfather was unable to translate their message?

Obviously, you contention that Bengalis were loyal is only a way to worm yourself into being liked in this forum.

If Bengalis were so loyal, then they should have rejoined long back.

Why are they not rejoining?

Any answer?

You must remember though this is a Pakistani forum, there are many international citizens on this forum and they are not totally stupid!

Your an Indian and I can understand your anger. But he fought for the union before 1971, before the genocide. Let me tell you something Bengalis were and they will always be guerrilla fighters. The Pakistanis slaughtered and damaged us in 1971 but the Indians have damaged us more after 1971, Every month the BSF would kill innocent Bengalis in the border, and for what?

Your an Indian and I can understand your anger. But he fought for the union before 1971, before the genocide. Let me tell you something Bengalis were and they will always be guerrilla fighters. The Pakistanis slaughtered and damaged us in 1971 but the Indians have damaged us more after 1971, Every month the BSF would kill innocent Bengalis in the border, and for what?

Azma I am sure Birgadier Sahib did;nt mean to hurt your feelings.

Salim Sahib,
You being from the same breed should not talk like that, I truly belive his story, let me give you another fact or fiction, 1 of our sabers got hit a bullet went into its fuel tank( ground Fire ) in Bangladesh we saw him ejecting from our base me and one of my course mates took the jeep and went after him, It took us 10 min to reach there and we saw that the parachute was there with his gear but he was missing. we stood there for atleast 1 or 2 min when we heard a loud scream it came from inside the woods. We both ran towards him I had my pistol and my friend had a 12 bore with him. After running for atleast 500 yards in the woods we saw him on his knees and 5 men standing next to him they were rebels, When I looked through the binoculars I saw that they had already chopped his hands off and they were about to chop his neck off. I fired the first shot but was too far and they chopped his head off. They thought that it was Pakistani army and scattred all over we got our selves into a bit of mess and my course mates says if I die it will be your fault the MP were going to get him but no you had to say we will go.
I never expected that there were rebels hiding next to our base. So I killed 2 with my pistol and my coursemate killed 1 and 1 wounded very badly . The next 15min were the most intense moments of my life. Me and Course mate killed 11 men in hand combat I dont know how many did I kill but we slit there necks off. I learned hand -to-hand combat from a retired Subadar major who was living at our base but to my surprise my coursemate had no experience only what we are tought in the Academy. When we saw our friends neck lying on the ground the adrenaline took over I did'nt call Rambo at that time I had enough in me to finish the job.

The 2 mission you told me that you have done Salim sahib I am sure you must have encountered some moments in them like I had.

azmax007,

Unlike the popular myth perpetuated by the British about Bengalis, I am well aware of their capabilities.

You see, I am a Bengali and quite proud to be so!

I am also a soldier with much experience under my belt.

MuradK

Sir,

Tanks are never in isolation and they don't manoeuvre or harbour in isolation.

Therefore, the single tank in a stationary mode and thus a person lying below a tank and slaughtering of soldiers did not appear very plausible; unless of course the person detonated an IED below it and managed to escape.

I meant no offence as such. From my military experience, the story did not appeal as feasible.

I am sure there will be more to it that azmax007 has not been able to tell possibly owing to the constraint of it being a post.

I am well aware that the Liberation of Bangladesh was not a cakewalk.

I have no doubt that grand uncle of azmax007 performed deeds of valour. In 1965 war all the nation was united and helped in war effort in whatever way they could. I was at that time a student in London. Most of the so called Indian resturants were actually owned by East Pakistanis ( mostly from Sylhet). I can vouch that even the poor waiters donated one week's salary to the war fund started by the Pakistani High Commission in Lownde's Square.

It is a pity that all this changed only 6 years later due to various reasons.1971 was a tragedy for Pakistan state.

This is true. many bengalis were still loyal to Pakistan. My father was also a bengali and stayed true to the Pakistan Army for 25 years, and is still a Pakistani patriot.

But surprisingly the vast majority did not fight for or help Pakistan.

Without the Bengalees of East Pakistan in rebellion and without their help, the Indian Army would have taken a much longer time to complete operations!

Isolated support does not indicate the mood of the Bengalees at that time!

Salim,
Rambo is a fictional story but Bengalis fought very bravely during the 1965-71 wars. Remember M.M. Alam has a world record of shooting down 5 Indian planes in less then a minute. There are many Bengali war heroes in Pakistan Armed forces and we respect them.
:pakistan:

Salim,
After much foreign agitation in the internal affairs of Pakistan did the Bengalis actually rebel. Any country would, in times of civil disobedience, send its army to try and straighten things out, but if a foreign country intervenes and tells the people that the army is there to kill all of you and provokes said army to prove the point, what else is left except open rebellion.

Innocent Bangladeshis? These are bangladeshis trying to sneak into india as refugees. when the BSF confronts them, they sometimes attack the BSF soldiers, and end up being shot dead. also, a lot of 'innocent bangladeshis' are indian terrorists from east india who run away into bangladesh when the army starts operations against them, and then try to sneak back into india, where they are shot dead by the BSF.

Innocent Bangladeshis? These are bangladeshis trying to sneak into india as refugees. when the BSF confronts them, they sometimes attack the BSF soldiers, and end up being shot dead. also, a lot of 'innocent bangladeshis' are indian terrorists from east india who run away into bangladesh when the army starts operations against them, and then try to sneak back into india, where they are shot dead by the BSF.

Yes you were training those innocent East Pakistanis in 1971 saying that they are refugees and innocent people Pakistan is killing them and now they are not innocent people.

What double standards you have.

Yes you were training those innocent East Pakistanis in 1971 saying that they are refugees and innocent people Pakistan is killing them and now they are not innocent people.

What double standards you have.

India never trained refugees per se.

Your Army's brutality created the refugees and India took action.

Innocent people driven to desperation would be more appropriate!

Did he happen to slaughter 7 Indians to 1 Pakistani? I think that was the theoretical ratio talked about on average for the 1965 war :angel:

Tell us more. Did he use a hunting knife?

Back
Top Bottom