What's new

My PAK-FA analysis

Then what is point of you even expressing your opinions if you are not going to consider the possibility that you are wrong when others presented their opinions and sources to back them up? Do you even know how to debate? So now you admitted that you do not consider others' opinions and their sources, but you have the gall to accuse me of this...
You need to make up your mind. Either be reasonable enough to at the very least read others' arguments, and no one demands that you believe them. Or do not enter any debate AT ALL if you refuse to perform this courtesy.

I never said I do not read your answers or arguments. I believe my answers show this.
I did say I am not going to read your previous posts about RCS etc. And I said I am not interested in sources especially because of the inherent bias risk and how they can be taken out of context.
The way you and I use the same ref. (i.e. the lightweight fighter mafia), we do it in very different ways. I was merely trying to tell you that these guys don't use sources for their critic the way you think necessary either. And they are of some stature in the aviation industry.

And ..well ofcourse I accused you of sounding like a spokesperson because.. well you do ...

I have sat through a couple of LM presentations and .. some of their key presenters were ..less enthusiastic than you are..

One of them was fairly recently actually.. can't tell you where, but I can tell you when .. let's say last december, you can figure out the rest.
Also I can tell you that the listeners where not that keen on the F-35 either...
To be honest.. although it was pushed forward as the only logical option, the audience was more than interested in getting key information on the F-22. Despite the clear statement that the F-22 is not up for export, a great number of questions was clearly aimed at the F-22 and hypothetical scenarios of acquisition FMS, and funding...

I never said I do not read your answers or arguments. I believe my answers show this.
I did say I am not going to read your previous posts about RCS etc. And I said I am not interested in sources especially because of the inherent bias risk and how they can be taken out of context.
The way you and I use the same ref. (i.e. the lightweight fighter mafia), we do it in very different ways. I was merely trying to tell you that these guys don't use sources for their critic the way you think necessary either. And they are of some stature in the aviation industry.

And ..well ofcourse I accused you of sounding like a spokesperson because.. well you do ...
That is not what I am talking about. I was referencing the highlighted below...
you are more like a spokesperson rather than someone who absorbs information and makes up his mind about things..
You see nothing wrong with refusing to consider arguments, supported with credible sources, that weakens yours. But you have no problems calling others close minded. And why should I not be a 'spokesperson' for my country of allegiance? Are you not for yours? Regarding military hardware, everyone here knows where I stand -- that we have the best and will continue to be so for many years to come, no matter how much BS the Russians or the Chinese may spew about their junks. Although my personal bias are for the Chinese who I think will surpass the Russians in my lifetime. I opine so not from any 'gut feeling' but from personal experience.

Bottom line is that so far your criticism of the F-35 is not based upon any credible sources or sound reasoning and it is not rare here. Many Russian and Chinese 'fanboy' claims quite defy the laws of physics. Am glad I have a sturdy keyboard from so much coffee and beer spewed upon the poor thing from amazement of Russian and Chinese 'technology'.

Regarding military hardware, everyone here knows where I stand -- that we have the best and will continue to be so for many years to come, no matter how much BS the Russians or the Chinese may spew about their junks.

The only spewing is from US fanboys, Raptor this, Raptor that....we are the best....we are superior, Raptor will never be matched....Russians make junk....puke-fa....Ruski junk...bla...bla...bla...bla. I have been to many forums and Russian are always the last to make claims of superiority, it's the Americans that are always the instigators and when a Russian defends his country and his products the Americans revert to calling everything junk.

Americans have a deep bias, they can't stand when someone else comes up with equal or better technology. No matter what the Russians say...to you it's spewing junk, even when it comes to simple claims about radar, remember our discusion about the SU-35? Even though the radar has a range of 400 km you still had to find something bad to say, first it was, it uses too much of a power aperture, then it was, it wasn't high resolution which i asked you to prove and you never did. It's always something, it never ends. You think Russians are stupid? You think Russians are new to the game? No matter what the American say about their products you stick to it, no matter how absurd it may be, but when Russia makes a claim you come flying in accuseing us of "spewing junk." That's just uncalled for, and frankly it's a low blow.

When the Pak-fa came out many Americans acted like pricks by say stupidity such as, "the Raptor will eat the Pak-Fa for lunch." Case in point, the Russian are, for the most part, quiet. It's the Americans that drag the Craptor (doesn't feel good does it?) into everything.

This is a Pak-fa thread, not a Raptor thread, and not a thread about "American superiority." No one wants to here your opinion about Russian technology, you can boast that you got to examine 20 year old downgraded Russian technology that was in disrepair, but you have no right to call modern Russian technology junk.

I can always use your tactics too, my cousin a Nasa engineer had a chance to examine both American and Russian technology and he found American technology to be grossly over-rated, over-hyped....what ever you want to call it.

Although my personal bias are for the Chinese who I think will surpass the Russians in my lifetime.

How will this happen? The Chinese have purchased everything from air defences, to jet engines, to ships, to fighters, to A2A weapons. The Chinese are still hiring Russian to help them built everything from guidence systems to fighter aircraft, so unless Russia somehow dissapears the Chinese arn't surpassing us. The Chinese are too late in the game. First chinese astronaut 2003, first succesful Chinese aircraft 2005, and according to Janes the Chinese employed Russian and Israeli engineers, they also had access to the Lavi, so how much of the J-10 is Chinese is debatable. So what exactly is China superior in? Jet engines? Air defences? Avionics?

I opine so not from any 'gut feeling' but from personal experience.

So you had a chance to examine new Russian and Chinese technology and you came to the conclusion that China is superior? :lol:

Stay on topic! This thread is not about America, China, F-22, or F-35 and this goes for everyone. Every Pak-Fa thread has turned into ****, have some damn decency.

Last edited:
The only spewing is from US fanboys, Raptor this, Raptor that....we are the best....we are superior, Raptor will never be matched....Russians make junk....puke-fa....Ruski junk...bla...bla...bla...bla. I have been to many forums and Russian are always the last to make claims of superiority, it's the Americans that are always the instigators and when a Russian defends his country and his products the Americans revert to calling everything junk.

Americans have a deep bias, they can't stand when someone else comes up with equal or better technology. No matter what the Russians say...to you it's spewing junk, even when it comes to simple claims about radar, remember our discusion about the SU-35? Even though the radar has a range of 400 km you still had to find something bad to say, first it was, it uses too much of a power aperture, then it was, it wasn't high resolution which i asked you to prove and you never did. It's always something, it never ends. You think Russians are stupid? You think Russians are new to the game? No matter what the American say about their products you stick to it, no matter how absurd it may be, but when Russia makes a claim you come flying in accuseing us of "spewing junk." That's just uncalled for, and frankly it's a low blow.

When the Pak-fa came out many Americans acted like pricks by say stupidity such as, "the Raptor will eat the Pak-Fa for lunch." Case in point, the Russian are, for the most part, quiet. It's the Americans that drag the Craptor (doesn't feel good does it?) into everything.

This is a Pak-fa thread, not a Raptor thread, and not a thread about "American superiority." No one wants to here your opinion about Russian technology, you can boast that you got to examine 20 year old downgraded Russian technology that was in disrepair, but you have no right to call modern Russian technology junk.

I can always use your tactics too, my cousin a Nasa engineer had a chance to examine both American and Russian technology and he found American technology to be grossly over-rated, over-hyped....what ever you want to call it.

How will this happen? The Chinese have purchased everything from air defences, to jet engines, to ships, to fighters, to A2A weapons. The Chinese are still hiring Russian to help them built everything from guidence systems to fighter aircraft, so unless Russia somehow dissapears the Chinese arn't surpassing us. The Chinese are too late in the game. First chinese astronaut 2003, first succesful Chinese aircraft 2005, and according to Janes the Chinese employed Russian and Israeli engineers, they also had access to the Lavi, so how much of the J-10 is Chinese is debatable. So what exactly is China superior in? Jet engines? Air defences? Avionics?

So you had a chance to examine new Russian and Chinese technology and you came to the conclusion that China is superior? :lol:

Stay on topic! This thread is not about America, China, F-22, or F-35 and this goes for everyone. Every Pak-Fa thread has turned into ****, have some damn decency.

Well, Gambit at least appreciate the fact that I never came out against you with such passion.

Please do understand that as ptldM3 is saying .. this is a PAK FA thread. And that is not about countries or favorites.
Not once I said that my favorite is the T-50. You assumed it was because I dared say it may change the game. NOT HAS CHANGED, ...may ... and you jumped to conclusions about me way too easy.

So I'll put forward my view once more clearly for you to comment on if you want within the boundaries of this thread.

If the PAK FA program produces an aircraft that meets the specification requirement as put forward, before say 2020, then I believe this will bring a significant change in the way the US perceives aerial threats.
In that context the first flight of the yet prototype, is very important.

Well, Gambit at least appreciate the fact that I never came out against you with such passion.

Wasn't anything personal, i'm just sick of hearing people making fun of our accomplishments, when i was visiting Washington DC i had to stand next to a prick that was making fun of the Soviet Space Program, i know how Americans are.

Please keep this thread on topic.

Please keep this thread on topic.

I thought I did try.

In any case , I have been trying to find out more about the second hump on the back of the T-50 prototype, but not much luck other than speculations. Has anymore infom been leaked to russian media about it?

I thought I did try.

In any case , I have been trying to find out more about the second hump on the back of the T-50 prototype, but not much luck other than speculations. Has anymore infom been leaked to russian media about it?

I wasn't singling anyone out. I'm not sure what hump your talking about.

Just aft of the cockpit canopy on the T-50 there is a small hump that looks like a second IRST sensor but could not find any more info.

Was it just extra instrumentation or is it where a second IRST sensor will be placed .. that is what I am currently try to look at..

Just aft of the cockpit canopy on the T-50 there is a small hump that looks like a second IRST sensor but could not find any more info.

Was it just extra instrumentation or is it where a second IRST sensor will be placed .. that is what I am currently try to look at..

It's an IR detector.

Is that confirmed somehow. I would like to see a closer photo of it.

Maybe article says more about it, if you can read Russian, or can translate it:

Ðóññêîå 5-å ïîêîëåíèå íà÷èíàåò âçë¸ò!

The points below the graphic were translated in the PAK-FA Pictures and Videos thread like this:

23eaedebff2045ce27c5c8b824278465.jpg

Legend to numbers on the graphic projections of the plane:

1. Radar SH121
2. OLS (model)
3. IR detector
4. Central tail beam, which is probably the rear radar
5. Kiel
6. Monobloc horizontal tail on a titanium frame
7. Place for aerogun (single-barreled, 30mm)
8. Place for a pull-rod refueling
9. The movable part of the influx
10. Place the alleged location of the lateral radar
11. Two-piece rear flaperon
12. Engine with a vertically adjustable nozzle
13. Container for braking parachutes
14. Bays weapons
15. "The build-up, length 4,5 meters for missiles or electronics. The front part of the closing mechanism slats.
16. Places to sites outside of the suspension.
17. Designated eductors optical and electromagnetic traps
18. "S" The external skeleton of air ducts in the form of "S"

Looking at the bird now, and I was thinking, there maybe some scope for some developepment of a 2D TV similar to the one in the F22 if some export customers would like a stealthier rear end. I know it's too early to think of these things.. but I think the plane frame could accomodate for that

FGFA will be the only fighter which can throw a challenge to the F-22. Now PLAAF and PAF dont have any fighter to match SU-30MKI or future MRCA but FGFA will be a new addition all together. FGFA along with sophisticated radars like LLTR, Rohini, LRTR, Aerostat, AWACS, LLLTWR etc, air defence systems like Akash, SPYDER, Maitri, Barak-NG and satellites will make impenetrable area. I guess by 2015 India will have the best in Asia.

FGFA will bring a new era to Asia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom