What's new

My PAK-FA analysis

Not yet its only after the Some serious test on PAK-FA:azn::azn::azn:

On January 05, 2010 it was reported that an Indian Defence Ministry delegation to Sukhoi’s flagship aircraft facility in Siberia observe the Sukhoi’s FGFA prototype, which is expected to make its first flight within weeks... I do Not know where I read it... I will post u the link, wait... FGFA prototype is ready too... Here goes the Link

http://knol.google.com/k/fifth-generation-fighter-aircraft-fgfa-pak-fa-t-50#

it says clearly in the pic "Wheel bay". It is where the wheels will be placed when the landing gear is retracted.

Exactly where I want to point. There is a big depression in the intake surface. That means that viewed from the front, it should come in the way of blades.

On January 05, 2010 it was reported that an Indian Defence Ministry delegation to Sukhoi’s flagship aircraft facility in Siberia observe the Sukhoi’s FGFA prototype, which is expected to make its first flight within weeks... I do Not know where I read it... I will post u the link, wait... FGFA prototype is ready too... Here goes the Link

Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) / PAK-FA / T-50 - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

FGFA is just a variant's of the PAk-fa.

So the current prototype is Technically a prototype for the FGFA.

Externally the only difference between the two versions is the twin seat configuration.

So there is no dire need for TD-1 of its own.

Internally however the planes are almost completely different. Hull composition is wildly different. FGFA will maintain the same airframe shape with minor changes to accommodate the two seats, however it will make use of significantly more composite materials. Its engines are different, the radar, weapons etc, for the most part the the inner workings of the FGFA will be as different as possible from the PAK-FA,
Without comprising the quality of the craft of course.

So based on that info we will most likely see production vehicle prototypes and Twin seat prototypes. in the comming years.

But the early testing will be done with the Single seat version.

however it will make use of significantly more composite materials. Its engines are different, the radar, weapons etc, for the most part the the inner workings of the FGFA will be as different as possible from the PAK-FA,
Without comprising the quality of the craft of course.

This is mainly speculation! There were some reports that India was not satisfied with the ammount of composite in Pak Fa, but it's not clear if FGFA will use more. Also all reports talks about AL 41 and the AESA radar unveiled at MAKS 2009 for Pak Fa, so which other radar, or engine could be used for FGFA intead?
Unless we don't get slighty inferior versions of these parts (like in Su 30 MKI and Su 35), what would be disappointing after paying so much, we will get same radar, same engine, same OLS 50 and only some differences in EWS, or avionics mainly.
Even on the weapon side there won't be so many differences, because it will be difficult to find others, that fit perfectly in the weapon bays. Russian weapons instead will be redesigned for that and although Indian weapons could be used, there are only very few of them available then. Astra BVR, Helenia Anti-Tank, possibly a laser guided bomb instead of laser guided KAB series.

This is mainly speculation! There were some reports that India was not satisfied with the ammount of composite in Pak Fa, but it's not clear if FGFA will use more. Also all reports talks about AL 41 and the AESA radar unveiled at MAKS 2009 for Pak Fa, so which other radar, or engine could be used for FGFA intead?
Unless we don't get slighty inferior versions of these parts (like in Su 30 MKI and Su 35), what would be disappointing after paying so much, we will get same radar, same engine, same OLS 50 and only some differences in EWS, or avionics mainly.
Even on the weapon side there won't be so many differences, because it will be difficult to find others, that fit perfectly in the weapon bays. Russian weapons instead will be redesigned for that and although Indian weapons could be used, there are only very few of them available then. Astra BVR, Helenia Anti-Tank, possibly a laser guided bomb instead of laser guided KAB series.

This is what i know.

By February 2009 as per Sukhoi general director Mikhail Pogosyan India will initially get the same PAK FA fighter of Russia and the only difference will be the software.

Sukhoi PAK FA Updates: First Prototype by August 2009, Special Software for Indian Versions | India Defence

The PAK FA and the FGFA will be having minimum of common technology. Further the FGFA will be predominantly using weapons of Indian origin such as Astra, a Beyond Visual Range missile being developed by India, although in keeping with the Russian BVR doctrine of using a vast variety of different missiles for versatility and unpredictability to countermeasures, can be expected to have compatibility with many different missile loadouts. The Indian FGFA is significantly different from the Russian PAK FA because a second pilot means the addition of another dimension, development of wings and control surfaces.

Defence Aviation - Sukhoi/HAL FGFA a Indian Stealth Fighter

We are going to get the same Plane as the Russians if we want, but in the interests of strategic security and improving our own domestic capabilities.

We have opted for as many Indian key systems as possible. on the FGFA

Even the change in engine is largely due to the fact we wont have to rely on Russia to get those new Saturn Engines. we can get an engine that we can produce under license right here in India

Radar is also an avenue for replacement. If and when we have a suitable alternative we can replace it as well.

any Key system for that matter is most likely to be replaced if there is an India alternative out there.

This makes the NGFA program that much more exciting, as technologies developed in that project, Such as Radar and engines can be siphoned of and transplanted into the FGFA.

we have the intellectual property to make modifications and alter it as we please.

I know this source too, but it also say that only avionics and some weapons might be different, but no radar, or engine.

We are going to get the same Plane as the Russians if we want, but in the interests of strategic security and improving our own domestic capabilities.

We have opted for as many Indian key systems as possible. on the FGFA

Even the change in engine is largely due to the fact we wont have to rely on Russia to get those new Saturn Engines. we can get an engine that we can produce under license right here in India

Radar is also an avenue for replacement. If and when we have a suitable alternative we can replace it as well.

any Key system for that matter is most likely to be replaced if there is an India alternative out there.

This makes the NGFA program that much more exciting, as technologies developed in that project, Such as Radar and engines can be siphoned of and transplanted into the FGFA.

we have the intellectual property to make modifications and alter it as we please.
All right and good, but name me one country that can sell us a 5.gen radar, or engine to be used on FGFA? Who besides the US have an engine that offers similar thrust?
There might be the generall posibility that FGFA can use different parts if we want, but realistically all main parts might be the same, simply because of the lack of alternatives.

All right and good, but name me one country that can sell us a 5.gen radar, or engine to be used on FGFA? Who besides the US have an engine that offers similar thrust?
There might be the generall posibility that FGFA can use different parts if we want, but realistically all main parts might be the same, simply because of the lack of alternatives.

India is going to get aesa for mrca, lca and fgfa. We will have tot. And already working on an aesa.
Also, kaveri program/mrca tot may help us in indigenous engine development. After all, we will be having ngfa program running by that time.
There is a slight chance that we may come up with a reasonably good aesa on our own, by the time fgfa comes in our hand.

Hello ptldM3, do you have any infos about the size of the internal weapon bays and why they made 2 seperated infront of each other?
I mean if there would be only a large, single bay (even if it has still 2 sets of doors), one could use larger weapons in it right?
For example, many sources say these weapon bays will hold R77 A2A missiels, with a length of nearly 4m, but A2G weapons like Kh 31, or the Kh59 stand off weapon are longer and won't fit, even for the Kh 35 it would be very tight.
So why this limitation, or are they larger as it seems?

There are new generation of A2A, A2G weapons being developed for the Pak fa. If i had to guess why there is two weapons bays i would guess it's to launch multiple A2A and A2G simultaneously instead of one at a time.

The intakes seems to be covered. Any comment on this?

Cannot upload the image. Here's the link
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93274_wheel_bay_122_556lo.jpg

They put the landing gear inside the intakes purposely to divert radar waves away from the compressor blades in order to reduce the RCS.

This is a good representation>>> -50 • Ôîðóì

Diverting airflow also usually helps the engines work better at supersonic speeds, for instance, look at the intakes of the Mig-21 and SR-71, or look at the intakes of the F-35, they all divert airflow. With that being said i'm sure the Pak fa's intakes are designed with the purpose of radar deflection rather than high speed perfomance, but perhaps it also improves airflow at higher speeds.

Last edited:
Pigs are worshiped as gods in India/Hindu culture. so stop making a mockery out of yourself because i have just over dosed pathological liar indian fanboys with reality check. bunch of street junkies.

UR REALITY CHECK SOUNDS LIKE THIS!

afaf afafafafafaffa wenoncfksdnchsgfsdjkjnv kjfhgkn,mcxn vlskj;ls - GIBBERISH AT BEST!!

:blah::blah::blah:

:pop::bunny:

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
LOSER!

Pak-FA , Pigs... I am not sure what the thread is about anymore.. Mod action please..

UR REALITY CHECK SOUNDS LIKE THIS!

afaf afafafafafaffa wenoncfksdnchsgfsdjkjnv kjfhgkn,mcxn vlskj;ls - GIBBERISH AT BEST!!

:blah::blah::blah:

:pop::bunny:

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
LOSER!
woopss.. looks like i just gave your brain a seizure. no wonder why such a street junki reaction, you have clearly portrayed yourself.
btw. back to the topic.
PAK-FA is not stealthy as F-35
If any modification on air frame are to be done then IAF dead line for 2017 induction will be stretched 2-3 more years and still superior american stealth and 5th generation technology will be ahead of Russian.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom