What's new

Mythological Weapons

I think we should give some respect to our ancient scripts and study them to unlock the concepts.
If chankya's arthasastra is still useful and the concepts are working till today why not the concepts in the scripts.
I feel even if the writers are fantasizing of the events and wars that took place it is impossible to imagine to minute details for one person like Valmiki. I feel unlocking the ancient scripts will help for Indian space and aeronautical programs.
There is some similarities between the concept of vimana and UFo's we are talking now a days.

Asi (Mahabharata)

Frame narrative

During the course of the sacrifice, a dreadful creature sprang from the midst of the sacrificial fires scattering flames all around. It was as though a moon had arisen in the midst of the stars. He was colored like a deep-blue lotus. His teeth were sharp and terrible, stomach lean and skinny and stature very tall and slim. He was of exceeding energy and power. ..............The 'being' I have conceived is Asi. It shall effect the destruction of the enemies of the gods and restore the Dharma (righteousness).
Upon this, the creature assumed the form of a blazing, sharp-edged sword, glowing like the flames at the end of the Kalpa (aeon).
[edit]Succession of wielders of asi

..........., dyed with the blood of the Daityas, to Vishnu.

If 2000 or 3000 years ago, any body to writ down about how to forge steel blade? how to gauge temperature? how to carbonize steel? then above description will hold true.
Color of heated metal or alloys were observed to estimate temperature........ hot blade dipped in blood(fluid having high carbon content??) to give extra strength to steel.

i think we shud not translate(give ideas of) our ancient scriptures and its knowledge in especially in our enemy's defence forum.

let them believe in their own story of miracles like splitting of moon as true story and let them believe tht Hinduism's history " a myth ".

Then why are you running around in an enemy's forum, defending your country, your honor? or what?
You translate?....... More that 90% of your(?) scriptures was translated by non-hindus?
Can you please answer my post dated 20-01-2011 regarding Sudarshana Chakra?
Do you really have knowledge and understand all what is written?

You believe what ever you want to and we believe what eve we want to.

Hinduism's history " a myth ".

Your fellow countryman put the date of B.C.8900 to Ramayan.
Can you please tell me, in which YUG it took place? what is the length of YUGs? How many years passed since then?

Your fellow countryman put the date of B.C.8900 to Ramayan.
Can you please tell me, in which YUG it took place? what is the length of YUGs? How many years passed since then?

I think all these things are a myth. Ancient Indians were great at conceptualizing not building. That's why they were good at mathematics and astronomy . But there aren't a lot of mechanical stuff to boast off. All these concepts are interesting but I wouldn't take them seriously.

I think all these things are a myth. Ancient Indians were great at conceptualizing not building. That's why they were good at mathematics and astronomy . But there aren't a lot of mechanical stuff to boast off. All these concepts are interesting but I wouldn't take them seriously.

Its a drag on imagination to believe that people who were good at conceptualizing didn't try building stuff. interestingly all the weapons aren't mere concepts, they were said to be used in the battle fiend though currelnly suggested as mythical. One more thing, we didn't see much use of newton mechanics in the Mythological Weapons.They supposedly worked on cosmic energy and drew power from vedic hymns.

Not only good at mathematics and astronomy but in metallurgy, medicine, arts and crafts, sexology, linguistics, literature, jurisprudence, Philosophy, etc. etc. etc.................................... Except...........
HISTORY

Thought this was relevent to our topic....

Divyastras were astras used accompanied by chanting of the right sacred mantra. It is only when the correct mantra was chanted and used correctly... did the Divyastras penetrate the goal with alarming clarity. The power of divyastras was not available to the common man... only the sages, saints and Acharyas and their favored pupils were able to handle them properly.
No Divyastras could be used without an accompanying mantra that was essential to invoke the mighty power of the cosmic system... as is the case karate, judo and different martial arts. The power exercised by Bruce Lee has no precedence... it could not be matched by any Human being of his era... his actions were even faster than the instruments used to capture his actions. Many a times the camera itself failed to record his fast actions.

He himself was capable of almost handling a full army single-handed. It is not merely the display of physical powers but when the physical powers are combined with the chanting of the mantras... the martial art itself becomes sacred. The prime reason why the martial arts are meant for security of the self and never to be used against a weaker opponent or for any commercial purpose!

The same technique was used when Divyastras were used in the earlier times... as was the mental capability of the user... so was the instrument available to him. Lord Krishna alone was capable of handling the Sudarshan chakra and none else had the power in his times to use the Sudarshan chakra. Similar was the case with Brahmastra which was also limited to a very few individuals.

In times of Lord Krishna the science had not evolved as it is today. In present times, the commander of the forces simply gives an order and the requisite instrument is fired by a very junior army man... who is trained for that purpose. For the use of a nuclear bomb... we do not expect the commander himself to carry the bomb and use it against the opponent. Today we have means to fire the instrument from a distance and experts are available for every type of job.

In the earlier times it was a culmination of the mental powers along with the art of Spiritual warfare that decided who would be the winner in the end. The invocation of mental powers is very limited today... In present times also it is not the instruments alone which play a part but it is the handling of the instrument which plays the vital role.

The same aircraft when driven by an American pilot does not give the same results as when it is driven by an Indian pilot... the Indian pilots are considered far superior than their American counterparts and it is the handling of the aircraft which makes it a more superior weapon when in the hands of an Indian pilot.

Similar was the case in times of Lord Krishna... the same Brahmastra when used by a person with lesser knowledge did not give the desired results. Invocation of the mental powers simply means that our atman the soul within becomes the guiding factor in all operations. When rightly used... these mental powers gives us so much focus that the results are disastrous for the opposing army.

It is like getting guided by a laser beam! Divyastra do not necessarily mean they were more powerful than the guided instruments of today but comparing with almost negligible presence of science in those days... these Divyastras meant doom for the opponents. Mental powers as shown in the Star Trek serial persisted in times of Lord Krishna. It was not the mere use of hypnotic powers but the actual use of mental powers that gave Lord Krishna, Arjuna, Bhishma pitamah and various other combatants the power they exercised in the battle.
It is but difficult for me to describe the mental powers used by the Spiritual masters of the yester era... but mental powers when rightly used can cause havoc! There is nothing more powerful in the universe than the mental powers... even the atomic bombs and the hydrogen bombs carry no meaning compared to the mental divine powers possessed by the likes of Lord Krishna (considered an Avatar).

Sudarshan chakra was never used by Lord Krishna as and when he liked it... it was not meant to be... Sudarshan chakra could only be used when the pot of sin of any individual was full to the brim... one had to have zero Punya Karma in his balance to be struck down by a Sudarshan chakra! Even Lord Krishna could not have done otherwise!

The battle of Mahabharata was primarily fought with arrows and swords... it was only a few Spiritual masters of the era who were competent enough to use Divyastras.

Last edited:
Thought this was relevent to our topic....

Divyastras were astras used accompanied by chanting of the right sacred mantra. It is only when the correct mantra was chanted and used correctly... did the Divyastras penetrate the goal with alarming clarity. The power of divyastras was not available to the common man... only the sages, saints and Acharyas and their favored pupils were able to handle them properly.
No Divyastras could be used without an accompanying mantra that was essential to invoke the mighty power of the cosmic system... as is the case karate, judo and different martial arts. The power exercised by Bruce Lee has no precedence... it could not be matched by any Human being of his era... his actions were even faster than the instruments used to capture his actions. Many a times the camera itself failed to record his fast actions.

He himself was capable of almost handling a full army single-handed. It is not merely the display of physical powers but when the physical powers are combined with the chanting of the mantras... the martial art itself becomes sacred. The prime reason why the martial arts are meant for security of the self and never to be used against a weaker opponent or for any commercial purpose!

The same technique was used when Divyastras were used in the earlier times... as was the mental capability of the user... so was the instrument available to him. Lord Krishna alone was capable of handling the Sudarshan chakra and none else had the power in his times to use the Sudarshan chakra. Similar was the case with Brahmastra which was also limited to a very few individuals.

In times of Lord Krishna the science had not evolved as it is today. In present times, the commander of the forces simply gives an order and the requisite instrument is fired by a very junior army man... who is trained for that purpose. For the use of a nuclear bomb... we do not expect the commander himself to carry the bomb and use it against the opponent. Today we have means to fire the instrument from a distance and experts are available for every type of job.

In the earlier times it was a culmination of the mental powers along with the art of Spiritual warfare that decided who would be the winner in the end. The invocation of mental powers is very limited today... In present times also it is not the instruments alone which play a part but it is the handling of the instrument which plays the vital role.

The same aircraft when driven by an American pilot does not give the same results as when it is driven by an Indian pilot... the Indian pilots are considered far superior than their American counterparts and it is the handling of the aircraft which makes it a more superior weapon when in the hands of an Indian pilot.

Similar was the case in times of Lord Krishna... the same Brahmastra when used by a person with lesser knowledge did not give the desired results. Invocation of the mental powers simply means that our atman the soul within becomes the guiding factor in all operations. When rightly used... these mental powers gives us so much focus that the results are disastrous for the opposing army.

It is like getting guided by a laser beam! Divyastra do not necessarily mean they were more powerful than the guided instruments of today but comparing with almost negligible presence of science in those days... these Divyastras meant doom for the opponents. Mental powers as shown in the Star Trek serial persisted in times of Lord Krishna. It was not the mere use of hypnotic powers but the actual use of mental powers that gave Lord Krishna, Arjuna, Bhishma pitamah and various other combatants the power they exercised in the battle.
It is but difficult for me to describe the mental powers used by the Spiritual masters of the yester era... but mental powers when rightly used can cause havoc! There is nothing more powerful in the universe than the mental powers... even the atomic bombs and the hydrogen bombs carry no meaning compared to the mental divine powers possessed by the likes of Lord Krishna (considered an Avatar).

Sudarshan chakra was never used by Lord Krishna as and when he liked it... it was not meant to be... Sudarshan chakra could only be used when the pot of sin of any individual was full to the brim... one had to have zero Punya Karma in his balance to be struck down by a Sudarshan chakra! Even Lord Krishna could not have done otherwise!

The battle of Mahabharata was primarily fought with arrows and swords... it was only a few Spiritual masters of the era who were competent enough to use Divyastras.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
You have reproduced the post #14 by Divya, please go through entire thread before posting.

Utthamum dadhdadaath paadam..

Utthamum dadhdadaath paadam- The first fart is like the sound of a motor vehicle...
Madhyam paadam thuchuk chuk- The second fart stutters like the sound of a train.
Ghanisthah thud thudi paadam- The third one is like the siren of an ambulance.
Surr surri praan gatakam- But, the fourth one is a silent killer...
:disagree: no silent killing......

Bas karo yar. Enough priding over mythological weapons. Remember, mythological means they didn't exist.

If 2000 or 3000 years ago, any body to writ down about how to forge steel blade? how to gauge temperature? how to carbonize steel? then above description will hold true.
Color of heated metal or alloys were observed to estimate temperature........ hot blade dipped in blood(fluid having high carbon content??) to give extra strength to steel.

I liked your comments about the Sikh use of the Quoit and the Dandastram, although the wisecrack about 'history' not being our strength came too close to the bone for comfort!

What did you mean, btw, by your remarks above? I am not sure and would like you to clarify before I comment. Are you saying that around 100 BC to 100 AD, nobody knew how to forge steel? to gauge temperature? to carbonise steel? Even taking the other end of the time envelope into account, is it your case that this was - these were - unknown around 1000 BC?

It's been dull on the forum; I look forward to your response with anticipation and hope.

Back
Top Bottom