What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

We could congratulate ourselves for now having an authority on language amongst us on the forum. NOT!

People did their doctoral theses in it and debated great masaa'il e fiqh in it, and suddenly a boy whose testes have barely dropped tells us its only good for poetry!

punjabi songs are catchy urdu aint.. this even a layman who didnt did any thesis in it can tell u. urdu shayari is good. its obvious.

punjabi songs are catchy urdu aint.. this even a layman who didnt did any thesis in it can tell u. urdu shayari is good. its obvious.

Urdu shayari is good for Sufi Music, Ghazal or Qawali but Punjabi folk music has their own unique class.

Urdu shayari is good for Sufi Music, Ghazal or Qawali but Punjabi folk music has their own unique class.

Punjabi is probably the funniest language as well.

Too bad you don't understand this poem:

Last edited by a moderator:

i will disagree. it seems u havent yet lestened some sufi muzik in punjabi.. qawali we punjabis aint appriciate that much so not many singers of it.

punjabi songs the best even in pop and rap.

even non punjabi speaker of punjabi appriciate this song. wont sound as good if in urdu

BRO BANGALI ALSO VARY SWEET LANGUAGE .KABHI BANGALI GANA SUN KAR DEKHNA .I AM NOT A BENGALI BUT MY CLASS MATE IS BANGALI .WHEN SHE TALKS HER MOTHER IN BANGALI TO SUNNE ME BADA MAZA AATA HAI.JUST LIKE PUNJABI AND HARYANVI LANGUAGE.

BRO BANGALI ALSO VARY SWEET LANGUAGE .KABHI BANGALI GANA SUN KAR DEKHNA .I AM NOT A BENGALI BUT MY CLASS MATE IS BANGALI .WHEN SHE TALKS HER MOTHER IN BANGALI TO SUNNE ME BADA MAZA AATA HAI.JUST LIKE PUNJABI AND HARYANVI LANGUAGE.

yes i know its a sweet language.. but majority urdu/hindi speakers kinda understand punjabi this is the reason punjabi songs top the charts.

i will disagree. it seems u havent yet lestened some sufi muzik in punjabi.. qawali we punjabis aint appriciate that much so not many singers of it.

punjabi songs the best even in pop and rap.

even non punjabi speaker of punjabi appriciate this song. wont sound as good if in urdu

Yes, I never heard Punjabi sufi music.

Linking Urdu/Hindi with Turkish or any other Central Asian, Middle Eastern language just on the basis of name or some loan words and thus making it palatable for natives as"the language of Muslims" has either origin in stupidity or deception. No language is Muslim or Kafir.
Linguists have classified it as an Indo-Aryan language with origin in Hindustan. And that is the whole truth about Urdu/Hindi.
Preservation of ones native language and identity is a matter of natural right that should be accepted by sensible minds.

I understand Pakistani-punjabi and Bollywood-punjabi but Indian punjabi especially from the pind is pretty much a foreign language to me and many Urdu speakers

Back
Top Bottom