Not open for further replies.

Norwegian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
NA session summoned on Saturday for PM Imran's vote of confidence
Fahad Chaudhry Published March 4, 2021Updated about 2 hours ago

A session of the National Assembly has been convened for Saturday where Prime Minister Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament. ─ File photo by Irfan Ahson

A session of the National Assembly has been convened for Saturday where Prime Minister Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament. ─ File photo by Irfan Ahson
A session of the National Assembly has been summoned for Saturday when Prime Minister Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament, members of the government confirmed on Thursday.
Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain shared the news on Twitter and said that the session will commence at 12:15pm on Saturday.
"Sadiq Sanjrani will be the PTI-backed candidate for the post of the Senate chairman," he added.

Adviser to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan, while talking to Dawn.com, said that the premier will also address the nation at 7:30pm today. According to Radio Pakistan, the premier is expected to brief the nation about the "prevailing political situation in the country".

'Where they stand'
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday night, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had announced that the premier would seek a vote of confidence from the parliament after the ruling PTI lost the hotly contested Senate general seat from Islamabad to the joint opposition.
The joint opposition candidate Yousuf Raza Gilani won the general seat, beating PTI's Abdul Hafeez Shaikh. Gilani secured 169 votes while Shaikh bagged 164 votes.
“Those standing with Imran Khan will be seen on one side and those who are not, and think they like the ideology of the PPP and PML-N have every right to join their ranks,” Qureshi had said.
He had urged PTI workers to hold onto the belief that the PTI would compete with the opposition alliance Pakistan Democratic Movement. “In this fight, the nation is watching who stands where,” the foreign minister had said. He also assured PTI's voters that the "struggle" would continue.
"In my opinion, today is a sad day for democracy. Those who claimed to be the torchbearers of democracy have killed the principles of democracy,” he added.
---
Behind you skipper!

@Horus @waz @Verve @ghazi52 @Jazzbot @HRK @Path-Finder @Indus Pakistan @syedtalhamaududi @Del @ziaulislam @PakSword @Patriot forever @koolio @AZ1 @Xone @Jungibaaz @niaz @The Eagle @Morpheus @Mrc @Mugen @krash

A session of the National Assembly has been summoned for Saturday when Prime Minister Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament, members of the government confirmed on Thursday.
Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain shared the news on Twitter and said that the session will commence at 12:15pm on Saturday.
"Sadiq Sanjrani will be the PTI-backed candidate for the post of the Senate chairman," he added.

Adviser to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan, while talking to Dawn.com, said that the premier will also address the nation at 7:30pm today. According to Radio Pakistan, the premier is expected to brief the nation about the "prevailing political situation in the country".

'Where they stand'
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday night, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had announced that the premier would seek a vote of confidence from the parliament after the ruling PTI lost the hotly contested Senate general seat from Islamabad to the joint opposition.
The joint opposition candidate Yousuf Raza Gilani won the general seat, beating PTI's Abdul Hafeez Shaikh. Gilani secured 169 votes while Shaikh bagged 164 votes.
“Those standing with Imran Khan will be seen on one side and those who are not, and think they like the ideology of the PPP and PML-N have every right to join their ranks,” Qureshi had said.
He had urged PTI workers to hold onto the belief that the PTI would compete with the opposition alliance Pakistan Democratic Movement. “In this fight, the nation is watching who stands where,” the foreign minister had said. He also assured PTI's voters that the "struggle" would continue.
"In my opinion, today is a sad day for democracy. Those who claimed to be the torchbearers of democracy have killed the principles of democracy,” he added.
---
Behind you skipper!

@Horus @waz @Verve @ghazi52 @Jazzbot @HRK @Path-Finder @Indus Pakistan @syedtalhamaududi @Del @ziaulislam @PakSword @Patriot forever @koolio @AZ1 @Xone @Jungibaaz @niaz @The Eagle @Morpheus @Mrc @Mugen @krash
what will happened after vote of confidence?

Nothing ...it's business as usual

so basically pti won with majority, ppp got a senator gillani and pmln clapping with empty hands
Just 1 seat they won and whole media going mad and they are not mad because of videos and ecp and sc not taking action.

May be someone should dealt with media as well with stick.

bhai even if IK stays till 2050 if Dha and Fwo boys dont change their corrupt ways and their protection of corrupts Pakistan very existence will be in danger!
People should vote with their wallet. Chutia awam buying Bahria / DHA plots and houses in droves, of course the Generals see business potential. Similar to how Mehran was kept afloat by the chutia awam for more than 35 or so years.

vote of confidence from the parliament
PMIK will probably win the vote but that won't change the fact that his position is akin to what they call in USA "lame duck" presidency. With a coalition government cobbled together out of the garbage of Pakistan politics - the same people who brought Pakistan where it is today not much can be expected. All the energy will go on staying in office and not delivering change to the country.

All we can hope is some decent work gets done in provinces which elected PTI government. I have been looking at the development of western corridor which seems to be going along nicely. Gwadar port also is coming along nicely. That is we can expect. Frankly do not believe any major changes will take place at federal level. The country is too divided and politically spintered for any fundamental change to be effected.

All we need now is Gillani to win the senate chairman slot and it's all over.
K stays till 2050 if Dha and Fwo boys
They are what is stopping you being driven into the Arabian Sea by PPP hordes. Stop always blaming everything on the military. They have their faults but not everything can be placed at their feet.

so basically pti won with majority, ppp got a senator gillani and pmln clapping with empty hands
Just 1 seat they won and whole media going mad and they are not mad because of videos and ecp and sc not taking action.

May be someone should dealt with media as well with stick.
PTI won majority ..indeed ..but PTI and it's alliance has less number then opposition in Senate as a total...so to retain there Chairman they have to buy atleast 6 votes I think ...video is nothing as I said earlier because for video to be admissible former chief juisce Khosa laid down some guidelines in arshad Malik case ...so on that this video will not be admisible..yes PMl n is just back bencher here ...I don't know why IK is going for vote and media needs as usual news to sell
...everything is same it was just one seat and probably chairman Senate ...but after today meeting it also seems difficult for PdM
BTW who is in majority in Senate govt allies or pdm
PDM is in majority by 6 seats ..I think

PTI won majority ..indeed ..but PTI and it's alliance has less number then opposition in Senate as a total...so to retain there Chairman they have to buy atleast 6 votes I think ...video is nothing as I said earlier because for video to be admissible former chief juisce Khosa laid down some guidelines in arshad Malik case ...so on that this video will not be admisible..yes PMl is just back bencher here ...I don't know why IK is going for vote and media needs as usual news to sell
...everything is same it was just one seat and probably chairman Senate ...but after today meeting it also seems difficult for PdM

PDM is in majority by 6 seats ..I think
Yeah I got confused that difference is of just 2 seats but it's 6...yeh be gayi seat... Perfect slap will be wining senate chairman elections that will be a perfect response

PM Imran Khan stays PM until 2023 elections if he wins vote of confidence.
Otherwise fresh elections would be called.

Thank you for tagging me bro.

Pardon my ignorance but out of 48 senate seats didnt PTI and its allies won majority of the seats. Not to mention some independent could also join them. Therefore, shouldn't they have majority in the house?

On contrary, I believe the govt. should challenge Gilani's win in the SC.

'Where they stand'
---
Behind you skipper!

What a man child. How can he be surprised by this? He enlisted every lota under the sun and is now claiming betrayal? He thought that those he poached would not be poached again? He needs to get on with his job instead of acting like a drama queen and throwing his hissy fits every other month.

Thank you for tagging me bro.

Pardon my ignorance but out of 48 senate seats didnt PTI and its allies won majority of the seats. Not to mention some independent could also join them. Therefore, shouldn't they have majority in the house?

On contrary, I believe the govt. should challenge Gilani's win in the SC.

PTI has the majority. The PM is throwing this fit over one senate seat, the one that Gilani won.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom