What's new

NASA finds DNA components in meteorites, says they originated in space

and one more thing,according to islam after the judgment day (according to quran judgment day happen when sun and moon become one) Allah will roll back whole universe.
people will enter into hell and jannat,and some place left unfilled in jannah
Allah will create some more people to fill that unfilled space.
this is in hadith.

now again this process will be only done one time or multiple time.

now our non-muslim members compare the approach of islam and their religion.

God handles whole universe alone..and universe has no bounds..just like god which has no bounds...

universe is expanding for a pre-defined time.after that it will be rolled back.
according to my understanding of islam.

nasa-dna.jpg

scientists at NASA have uncovered new evidence that DNA components found in meteorites can originate in space, lending new credence to the theory that life on Earth may have arisen from a pre-existing "kit" of materials delivered via asteroid. The discovery is outlined in a new paper from Dr. Michael Callahan, whose team of researchers closely analyzed samples from 12 different meteorites, using a mass spectrometer and liquid chromatography. In their samples, they found traces of adenine, guanine, and a variety of molecules known as nucleobase analogs -- including three that are rarely found on Earth. Scientists have long known that meteorites can contain DNA elements, but were unsure whether these materials actually originate in space. The presence of these three molecules, however, suggest that they do, potentially raising new questions about the dawn of life on Earth, and beyond. It's all quite heady, but steam ahead for a NASA video that might help clarify things, after the break.

According to science God did not sent living beings on Earth but those were either created automatically in the favorable environment of Earth, or the components of living beings were delivered via asteroid from the outer space. So if life or cell can be created automatically and those have power of adoption in any adverse environment then the presence of living being should be in other planets too.

So considering the ability of automatic creation of living beings (including plants) and power of adaptation or evolution, the existence of life should be in other planets too. If scientists fail to prove that intelligent living beings are present in other planets, then I would say God sent the life on this planet only and those did not created automatically .

so sir you are protestant?
no one is limiting God,and no doubt he is infinite and also his knowledge.
in islam these things are very clear,read my previous post.
nature wise there are three type of creations.
1)angels :made from light
2)jin:made from fire
3)humans:made from soil

there is nothing known as aliens in islam.our earth has creatures that even we dont know until now.but we can't classify them as aliens.
similarly as i above said there are other six earths and there is people over there just like our earth.
now question is are those earths are in our universe or there are other universes with its own earth?

Yes I am Protestant Christian. I don't know what the Qur'an teaches about this, all I can relate is our Bible which (as I said) is silent. They don't discuss alien (material) life. Of course they discuss the spiritual. They don't go into what they are made of, because being spirits, they have no substance. So they can't be "made" of anything.

My observations on the possibility of infinite life in the universe is just my opinion, through logical thought. What would be the point of God creating a universe that is 14 billion light-years across, containing uncountable stars, if we are the only life He made? If just planet Earth was the goal, the focus, we'd be fine with a much smaller universe and only a few thousand stars to illuminate the night and allow us to navigate. :)

My observations on the possibility of infinite life in the universe is just my opinion, through logical thought. What would be the point of God creating a universe that is 14 billion light-years across, containing uncountable stars, if we are the only life He made? If just planet Earth was the goal, the focus, we'd be fine with a much smaller universe and only a few thousand stars to illuminate the night and allow us to navigate. :)
one question sir,plz don't get pissed
do you read the previous posts or just read the last post and type?

well sir never had a conversation with God so don't know why exactly He created so many stars and so huge universe.
may be He want another crops of humans or some other type of creation.

and one more thing,according to islam after the judgment day (according to quran judgment day happen when sun and moon become one) Allah will roll back whole universe.
people will enter into hell and jannat,and some place left unfilled in jannah
Allah will create some more people to fill that unfilled space.
this is in hadith.

now again this process will be only done one time or multiple time?

I don't have a problem with science or religion. Both are needed and have their place in human life ...... If i want to find out about the universe I will pick up a science book. If I want to know how I can be a better human being I will pick up a religious text.

The problem for me starts when scientists start discrediting religion and clerics start discrediting science. That is when I will start questioning the motives of both parties.

The problem for me starts when scientists start discrediting religion and clerics start discrediting science. That is when I will start questioning the motives of both parties.

i wil be very happy if you quote any one incident.

Protestant Christianity is silent on alien life. Personally, what's the problem? We should not limit God, as he has no limits. If we insist ONLY the Earth has life, it'd be like saying "God cannot handle more than one planet full of life." Maybe God has millions of them, each with a message, each with a plan.
When man 'invented' religion, he did NOT have that wide a spectrum of knowledge to understand Universe. So in his small, limited mind, God was limited to Earth only. Now with advent of science and better understanding of Universe, religion is being manipulated to incorporate that. Funny, eh?
Mankind needs to stop pretending we are sooo special. What's so special about us that we should be the only sapient life?
True. Maybe we will find some hydrogen or helium or even silicon based life forms somewhere in the Universe, no? Who knows?
As for the OP, amino acids are not life. Any decent chemist can cook up amino acids. Our bodies USE them, but our bodies also use oxygen, sodium, and other chemicals that are very basic.
Those are NOT amino acids (which make up proteins). Rather those compounds are purines or pyrimidines, the basic building blocks of our genetic material - DNA & RNA (actually a big difference). When these compounds react with certain substances (abundant in the known Universe) they join together in a certain manner and can actually form little chains of DNA or RNA material which have the ability to direct their own synthesis and make multiple copies of themselves. Now the point to debate is at what level would you consider "Life" as we know it to exist or start?

As for religion, I personally believe those are grand embellished stories told and retold to shepherd people onto "righteous path" for a greater good, or atleast that was the original intention. Alas.

But I have two questions:

1. Do the Hindus or other religious people feel peace in their mind after finishing their prayer? Or only the Muslim feel peace in their mind after finishing their prayer? I mean I want to know whether peace felt due to prayer on our mind depends on prayer for anything (by Hindus) or only prayer for Allah only (by the Muslims)?
Define peace of mind.
Prayers alone do not give peace of mind. You can get peace of mind in solitude, on a mountain top, on the beach, in a crowd, at your every night family dinner table, in a forest, on a lake etc. If you dont experience peace of mind among things you love or are beautiful, somethings definitely wrong with you.
That being said, prayer is just an expression of a manifestation of one's state of mind trying to communicate (what one believes) to be something or someone beyond our comprehension or understanding. Why would people following different faiths not experience a 'peace of mind' as one following Islam would? This particular question smacks of misconception and a sense of false superiority.
2. Whom do the non-believers pray when they are sick or before die, as the Muslims seek for God's help or bless when they are sick or before die? Or the non-believers never ask for any help or bless to any super power or God in any trouble even in their subconscious mind?
Who are the non-believers here? Are you talking in the context of Islam or religions per se?
If its atheists you are talking about, then who knows? Contrary to what some people say, death scares everyone. Who knows what goes on in the minds of those "non-believers" in the last few seconds of their life?

When man 'invented' religion, he did NOT have that wide a spectrum of knowledge to understand Universe. So in his small, limited mind, God was limited to Earth only. Now with advent of science and better understanding of Universe, religion is being manipulated to incorporate that. Funny, eh?

Well science too has now for all purposes has become a (man made) religion and scientists too are acting like high priests. You question them .... you risk losing your reputation

Define peace of mind.
Prayers alone do not give peace of mind. You can get peace of mind in solitude, on a mountain top, on the beach, in a crowd, at your every night family dinner table, in a forest, on a lake etc. If you dont experience peace of mind among things you love or are beautiful, somethings definitely wrong with you.
That being said, prayer is just an expression of a manifestation of one's state of mind trying to communicate (what one believes) to be something or someone beyond our comprehension or understanding. Why would people following different faiths not experience a 'peace of mind' as one following Islam would? This particular question smacks of misconception and a sense of false superiority.
?

Tnx for understanding my question.

According to Islam there is a existence of God, so when we pray to him we feel peace after prayer. Cos he blesses us, or we feel that we are blessed. But since Hindus do not pray to God/Allah, then how do they feel peace after their prayer. Does the God bless them also, so they feel peace? Or peace felt after prayer is irrespective of GOD or bless or anything, peace is just related to prayer, no matter to whom you pray? This is my question.

If scientists fail to prove that intelligent living beings are present in other planets, then I would say God sent the life on this planet only and those did not created automatically .

I wouldn't hold my breathe for science to find aliens any time soon, not at least in our life time. Not because I don't believe aliens exist. But because the universe is mindbogglingly large. Unless we develop Faster than Light travel, we won't be able to explore the universe. And FTL isn't happening anytime soon.

My observations on the possibility of infinite life in the universe is just my opinion, through logical thought. What would be the point of God creating a universe that is 14 billion light-years across, containing uncountable stars, if we are the only life He made?

The observable universe is 92 billion light years across. And that is only the part that is observable. The unobservable portion can be much much larger.

The 14 billion light year figure is the age of the universe.

According to Islam there is a existence of God, so when we pray to him we feel peace after prayer. Cos he blesses us, or we feel that we are blessed. But since Hindus do not pray to God/Allah, then how do they feel peace after their prayer. Does God blesses them also, so they feel peace? Or peace felt after prayer is irrespective of GOD or bless or anything, peace is just related to prayer, no matter to whom you pray? This is my question.

Just as you feel that your god is real, so do they feel that their god is real as well. So when they pray, they feel peace of mind thinking that they are blessed.

So I will agree with your last sentence, that prayer, regardless of whom you pray, gives you peace of mind. You see it is all in your mind.

Well science too has now for all purposes has become a (man made) religion and scientists too are acting like high priests. You question them .... you risk losing your reputation

Whoever said that Science was NOT manmade. It is simply man's quest to understand the universe around him. Through a process of observations and experimentation, which can be repeated/replicated and validated, man tries to understand things around him. Now in face of such irrefutable experimental results, plain logic and proven facts, only a dimwit or a stupid person would try to argue against that. Conspiracy theorists are one such breed.
Now religion is a different ball game all together. Logic, facts, reality play no role in defining faith.

According to Islam there is a existence of God, so when we pray to him we feel peace after prayer. Cos he blesses us, or we feel that we are blessed. But since Hindus do not pray to God/Allah, then how do they feel peace after their prayer. Does God blesses them also, so they feel peace? Or peace felt after prayer is irrespective of GOD or bless or anything, peace is just related to prayer, no matter to whom you pray? This is my question.

Who says other religions dont worship God? Who said people following other faiths dont pray to God? All religions say that there is but One God. Yes, even Hinduism says that - you need to really try and understand other religions. The only difference is the path to attain that "Nirvana/Moksha/Heaven" etc is different for different religions.
So followers of different faiths pray to their religion's concept of God and feel blessed by whoever they pray to. Its just a state of mind - scientifically speaking. FYI, people who experience intense religious experiences usually have something wrong with their neurochemistry - like for example epilepsy. Check it out.

If we believe the base pairs to be of extra-territorial origin, and not made through some inorganic reaction, it means life on earth (therefore we) may have come from another planet.

Pretty cool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom