What's new

Navy to induct 4-5 warships every year: Vice Chief

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Indian navy plans to induct 4-5 warships every year in the coming decade, Vice Chief of Naval Staff R.K. Dhowan said Monday.

Vice Admiral Dhowan was speaking at the curtain raiser ceremony of the first naval and maritime exposition and conference being organised by industry body CII from Sep 23 to 27 in Cochin Port Trust, a statement said here.

“Over the decades, our efforts in indigenisation have helped us achieve global shipbuilding standards, resulting today in 46 of the 47 warships and submarines on order for the Navy being constructed in Indian shipyards,” he said.

He said the navy is poised to grow and modernise and this provides an opportunity to the Indian shipyards and industry to adopt a collaborative approach to induct state of the art weapons, sensors and combat management systems into the navy.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/navy-to-induct-45-warships-every-year-vice-chief/422416-3.html

There should be enough warships to dominate Indian ocean, bay of bengal, arabian sea and mallaca straits..

Our underwater fleet sucks.

I think we should concentrate on nuclear subs too as they serve the purpose of denial of area and tie down the adversaries' resources to their area of domination only even one such sub rolled out per 2 years will be great achievement.Need to invest good amount on R&D .

In addition to nuclear subs we should never stop the manufacturing conventional subs , adequate time should be given so that our eco-system for developing small parts at home flourishes and matures.

Thoda zyada nahin hua ??? :coffee:

not really. Navy is gonna get all 47 warships withing a decade. Delivery has already been start with a 2300T offshore patrol ship. Some ships are gonna be inducted by early next year like 1 Kolkata class destroyer(7000T) and 1 Kamorta class corvette(3000T)(both are in trails) and so on. Add Arihant SSBN too by next year and 1 more Offshore patrol boat by next year end.
PS: add if I forgot something.

The Indian navy plans to induct 4-5 warships every year in the coming decade, Vice Chief of Naval Staff R.K. Dhowan said Monday.

Vice Admiral Dhowan was speaking at the curtain raiser ceremony of the first naval and maritime exposition and conference being organised by industry body CII from Sep 23 to 27 in Cochin Port Trust, a statement said here.

“Over the decades, our efforts in indigenisation have helped us achieve global shipbuilding standards, resulting today in 46 of the 47 warships and submarines on order for the Navy being constructed in Indian shipyards,” he said.

He said the navy is poised to grow and modernise and this provides an opportunity to the Indian shipyards and industry to adopt a collaborative approach to induct state of the art weapons, sensors and combat management systems into the navy.

Navy to induct 4-5 warships every year: Vice chief

Consistancy, the main factor behind growth of Indian Navy. The always supported indegenious products. Result being most modern fleet among all three services. Salute to IN Top level management.

About time too.

Far too long has the IN been treated as the " Silent Service".

after considerable amount of ships are delivered,we should concentrate on homegrown conventional subs(SSK) and SSNs/SSGNs..we're still behind in this sector,while we're producing Nuclear subs(SSBN) and Aircraft Carriers..

after considerable amount of ships are delivered,we should concentrate on homegrown conventional subs(SSK) and SSNs/SSGNs..we're still behind in this sector,while we're producing Nuclear subs(SSBN) and Aircraft Carriers..

Agreed here though not possible in near future. Arihant follow on SSBN class would also be SSBN so I can't see indigenous SSNs in near future though India may buy more Akulas for that still not confirmed. Again regarding SSKs, we'll develop those but only after 6 scorpenes and other 6 follow on SSKs waiting for orders.
PS: indigenous SSN only possible by 2030 and not before that.

no one is noting that much of the IN fleets will be made of Desi maal & JV Maal with Israelis
ACs,Frigates,Destroyers,,Submarines
Fighter jets if you count Naval Tejas

Agreed here though not possible in near future. Arihant follow on SSBN class would also be SSBN so I can't see indigenous SSNs in near future though India may buy more Akulas for that still not confirmed. Again regarding SSKs, we'll develop those but only after 6 scorpenes and other 6 follow on SSKs waiting for orders.
PS: indigenous SSN only possible by 2030 and not before that.

I think SSN will come even before that,due to the experience gathering in the project Arihant..almost similar kind of configuration will be used,though more silent will b preferable..I wonder how mature India's SSBN's Nuclear reactor tech is,how much silent it is..some compare it with Akula-I..if it so,then i must say,we progressed pretty far,as Akulas are quite silent.

There should be enough warships to dominate Indian ocean, bay of bengal, arabian sea and mallaca straits..

Not going to happen my friend.:lol:

In case you have not realised the Indian economy is going through a very bad time now and it could be several years till it starts growing at 7% a year plus. Defence, along with all other areas of government spending, will take a big hit.

While the BD Navy is currently weak, there are already plans to increase this substantially over the next 5-10 years.

With Pakistani, Bangladeshi, US and soon to be Chinese presence in the Indian Navy, forget about India ever "dominating" the Indian Ocean. India will be just one of many countries having a presence in the Indian Ocean.

in 10 years indian navy wil be blue water navy. indian army and air force should follow her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom