What's new

New threat for Pakistani AWACs emerging in India.

Potential superpower
2nd biggest economy.
Biggest in terms GDP PPP
More fortune 500 companies then US.
Largest HSR network.
Top smartphone producer. Xiaomi is top seller in India.
12 universities in top 100.
Spends 291 billion dollars on R&D.
175 billion dollars on defence.
Look at their weapons exports. Leave out Pakistan and you don't have a single country which buys even 100 million worth of weapons from them consistently. BTW, besides Pakistan who operates PL-15?

Lastly, there is no missile called PL-15B. At least not reported in any reputable journals that I know of. And do show me sources for this 450 KM range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at their weapons exports. Leave out Pakistan and you don't have a single country which buys even 100 million worth of weapons from them consistently. BTW, besides Pakistan who operates PL-15?

Lastly, there is no missile called PL-15B. At least not reported in any reputable journals that I know of. And do show me sources for this 450 KM range.

@Eagle @waz @WebMaster @jaibi Do you guys allow such kind of extremely racist slurs for first nation folks?
Weapon export today is largely related with politics. Every country wants political support in return to weapon purchase. GCC and India are an example. That's where Chinese lacks.

@Eagle @waz @WebMaster @jaibi Do you guys allow such kind of extremely racist slurs for first nation folks?
50+ countries are using Chinese equipment. Add china in suppliers and download.
http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/page/trade_register.php
And Pakistan doesn't operate pl15. The source that mentioned PL15 induction was invalid, It maybe SD10. Effective Range of PL15 is 150km. You are confusing it with PL21 which is still in development.
And don't start me on racial slurs. I know what you guys call Pakistanis on your forums.

Effective Range of PL15 is 150km. You are confusing it with PL21 which is still in development.
No dear, I am not confusing it with anything. It was @Foxtrot Delta who was claiming Pakistan is operating some missile called PL-15B with a range 450 KM.
50+ countries are using Chinese equipment. Add china in suppliers and download.
Alright lets see:
Who operates J10(A/B/C)? Only China. And this is the backbone of PLAAF.
Who operates J15/J16/JXX? Only China.
JH-7? Only china.
only recent fighter/multi role operated by others is JF=17 and china herself does not operate it. Previously, other exported fighters were copies of Russian jets.
In bombers only H-6 is operate by egypt and iraq.

Not exactly a very stellar record. Chinese a2a missiles are also limited to these countries. Compare this with US, Russian, French, British, Swedish platforms and a2a missiles.

And do you know why? Because there is nothing called a Chinese bloc like NATO. A lot of innovation in NATO/EU platforms and weapons comes from specialization by individual countries. Selex makes great radars. MBDA missiles. Rolls Royce engine and so on. Germans are masters in running tight projects. And french are still able to get arms for their platforms.

And don't start me on racial slurs. I know what you guys call Pakistanis on your forums.
I am not aware of any major Canadian defence forums. And certainly Pakistan is seldom a topic of discussion in Canada. Online or offline.

Last edited:
No dear, I am not confusing it with anything @Foxtrot Delta who was claiming Pakistan is operating some missile called PL-15B with range 450 KM.

Alright lets see:
Who operates J10(A/B/C)? Only China. And this is the backbone for PLAAF.
Who operates J15/J16/JXX? Only China.
JH-7? Only china.
only recent fighter/multi role operated by others is JF=17 and china herself does not operate it. Previously, other exported fighters were copies of Russian jets.
In bombers only H-6 is operate by egypt and iraq.

Not exactly a very stellar record. Chinese a2a missiles are also limited to these countries. Compare this with US, Russian, French, British, Swedish platforms and a2a missiles.

I am not aware of any major Canadian defence forums.
All these countries are in this business since centuries where China has entered in this field just recently.

With the amount R&D China is throwing they will soon match them.

All these countries are in this business since centuries where China has entered in this field just recently.

With the amount R&D China is throwing they will soon match them.
Not saying China will never be able to produce some worthwhile platforms. Right now, their weapons and platforms are practically useless.

If India is converting Brahmos for air-to air operation, then Pakistan's response should be conversion of CM400AKG for air-to air operation.:cheesy::victory:

Neither of those things are true..... Thai army bought vt-4 tanks in numbers 150 million
China is the world second biggest arms supplier at 15 billion $

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/27/china-a-top-defense-spender-becomes-major-arms-exporter.html

Please google before posting

kv

Yaawwnn ..all that search just to post come back. Com on Windy. Please up your game. Boar incident is funny. And happening to PAK armed forces all the more. Anyways have you heard the incident where an F16 actually took out another F16 thinking it was an enemy plane ?
Yea i guess you are right, talking about IAF casualties is as exciting as Abhinandan enjoying his tea, don't you think the Crow taking out your MiG-21 was the icing on the cake.
And the F-16 incident in the middle of a battle is nothing considering your latest Spyder surprise for the Mi-17 party.
I dont have to clutch any straws. Our records are public unlike yours - are you still searching for Doosrabanda ? Gafoora must have injured himself while searching for it

Your claim is as good as an ashtray on a motorcycle, poor BS Dhanoa is still running around trying to gap the hole he created after pulling out the AMRAAM wreck.

You cannot argue is up to you and think it is stupid is again your opinion but ramjet can be used in AA missiles.
but its a heavy anti ship missiles with a weight of 3000+ kg, how can such a heavy weight missile can turn to long range BVR:cuckoo:

Which missile does China have?
@Deino @LKJ86 @Beast
PL-XX OR THIS ONE
PL-.jpg

Are they operational?
PL-21 IS DEAD PROJECT OR AT LEAST SUSPENDED, AND NEVER HEARD OF PL-17
Isint this missile Fire and Forget? What about SD 10A and PL 15. Are they Fire and Forget?
FIRE AND FORGET in that sense that target (AWACS) within JF-17 radar, SD-10/PL-15 all need mid flight update from either from launch or from 3rd party

And AMRAAM?
AMRAAM have a same capability

And AMRAAM?
AMRAM has the same capability, you need understand how BVR works, initially launch aircraft fire BVR in general direction of the targets USING INERTIAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM because BVR seeker too weak and has a minimal range to detect/track the target as BVR flies further (Mid filght) its needs update from launch aircraft because target is moving

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom