What's new

New Yorkers banned from taking out trash until 8pm as rat numbers surge: ‘This is not Ratatouille’

A country with a high GDP is not necessarily a developed country.

If a country has fresh air, clean water, safe food, equal laws, the elderly have a happy life, children can get education, the poor can get medical care, and the underdog can get assistance, everyone can get a decent life. That is a developed country.

A country with a high GDP is not necessarily a developed country.

If a country has fresh air, clean water, safe food, equal laws, the elderly have a happy life, children can get education, the poor can get medical care, and the underdog can get assistance, everyone can get a decent life. That is a developed country.

China should highlight its popular "Square Dance" movement as part of its softpower projection. If most men and women can retire at their early 60's or 50's with decent retirement benefits, it says a lot about the quality of the country's development, and it would strike a cord on many in the West.

Last edited:
Only plague follows the rat as history tells us

I am sure the health authorities are aware of this risk , with rise in Rat population

You obviously can't tell the difference bewteen farm raised bamboo rats and house rats, or you are pretending you don't. But watch your mouth either way.

Or what? A rat is a rat, after all the poster below suggested any rodent recipes will work. :D

No, you can solve the problem by yourselves:

And we will. Our problems are for us to solve, surely. Now whether it involves a new business opportunity as I mentioned above or not is yet to be seen. :D

Thanks to the vigorous and barf-worthy rat consumption topic here enriched with copious videos and images, I have now permanently lost my dinner appetite. The posts keep getting grosser and grosser.

Keep this up - this may serve as a perfect weight loss trick. :crazy::rolleyes:

I'm outta here!

May be you want to try some spicy dum fuk choi sauce to help the recipe? :D

Common guys help a brother out .

I want to spend a few months in New York this winter , where’s the best place to get a rental ? I want to explore and check it out ? I don’t mind rats & like to sample real New York not touristy trap and am I able to buy an apartment & Airbnb it out ? $200,000 so I can come and go .

Is it 3 months visa or just a month British passport ? Can’t quite understand the US visa form .

I wanna do Route 66 aswell while I’m there

Is my dream you see .😁

Common guys help a brother out .

I want to spend a few months in New York this winter , where’s the best place to get a rental ? I want to explore and check it out ? I don’t mind rats & like to sample real New York not touristy trap and am I able to buy an apartment & Airbnb it out ? $200,000 so I can come and go .

Is it 3 months visa or just a month British passport ? Can’t quite understand the US visa form .

I wanna do Route 66 aswell while I’m there

Is my dream you see .😁

Gotham city posters may answer your call. I'm on the left coast, 3000 miles out.

$200,000 won't buy you much, I'm afraid. Even in the west, a small 600 sqft. apt. will cost you on avg. $600,000 nowadays.

New York is not America’s rattiest city

By Ben Cost
October 25, 2022

The Big Apple is not America’s No. 1 ratropolis.

Despite being rife with more rodents than “Ratatouille,” New York City is not the most rat-infested city in the US. That title actually belongs to Chicago, according to a survey by extermination firm Orkin on the rattiest cities in America in 2022.

The study is released every fall, when “rice and other rodents invade an estimated 21 million homes in the United States.” To gauge the most rodentified regions this year, the pest control company ranked 50 cities “by the number of both residential and commercial rodent treatments performed from Sept. 1, 2021, to Aug. 31, 2022.”

Orkin found that Chicago topped the list for the eighth year in a row, perhaps evidence enough that the Windy City might want to change its name to the “Ratty City.” Meanwhile, NYC — home of Pizza Rat and other rodent celebs — weighed in as America’s second rattiest city in 2022, swapping spots with Los Angeles, which fell to the third spot in the rat-plague pantheon.

Following close behind was Washington, DC — the site of the notorious Popeye’s rat infestation of November 2021 — along with San Francisco and Philadelphia, respectively.

The most “improved” player in the realm of rat infestation was South Bend, Indiana, which scurried up a whopping 21 spots since last year.

We’ve included the full list below:

1. Chicago
  2. New York (+1)
  3. Los Angeles (-1)
  4. Washington, DC
  5. San Francisco
  6. Philadelphia (+1)
  7. Baltimore (-1)
  8. Cleveland (+2)
  9. Detroit (-1)
  10. Denver (-1)
  11. Seattle
  12. Minneapolis
  13. Boston
  14. Atlanta (+1)
  15. Indianapolis (-1)
  16. Pittsburgh
  17. Cincinnati (+2)
  18. San Diego (-1)
  19. Hartford, Connecticut (+2)
  20. Miami
  21. Milwaukee (+1)
  22. Houston (-4)
  23. Dallas (-3)
  24. Portland, Oregon
  25. Columbus, Ohio (+1)
  26. Richmond, Virginia (+2)
  27. Kansas City, Missouri (-2)
  28. Norfolk, Virginia (-1)
  29. Nashville, Tennessee (+7)
  30. St. Louis
  31. Grand Rapids, Michigan (+1)
  32. Raleigh, North Carolina (+3)
  33. Champaign, Illinois (+4)
  34. Albany, New York (-3)
  35. Louisville, Kentucky (+5)
  36. Sacramento, California (-7)
  37. New Orleans (-4)
  38. Charlotte, North Carolina (+4)
  39. Buffalo, New York (+2)
  40. Flint, Michigan (-6)
  41. Greenville, South Carolina (+3)
  42. Syracuse, New York (+4)
  43. Tampa, Florida (+7)
  44. South Bend, Indiana (+21)
  45. Portland, Oregon (-7)
  46. Phoenix (-3)
  47. Charleston, South Carolina
  48. Fort Wayne, Indiana (+12)
  49. Orlando, Florida (+3)
  50. Burlington, Vermont (-11)

The Big Apple is not America’s No. 1 ratropolis.

We need to have the proper marketing campaign to divert Chinese tourists to those places where they can do the most good to help solve this problem! :D

Or what? A rat is a rat, after all the poster below suggested any rodent recipes will work. :D

Every country has its own traditions or practice that look weird or disgusting to the outsiders, but I don't see Chinese members laughing at yours. :partay:

Every country has its own traditions or practice that look weird or disgusting to the outsiders, but I don't see Chinese members laughing at yours. :partay:

Ah yes, the hundreds of Chinese recipes for cooking and eating rats speak for themselves. Of course having Chinese tourists help USA with the problem highlighted in this thread will be a win-win for both countries. :D

Ah yes, the hundreds of Chinese recipes for cooking and eating rats speak for themselves. Of course having Chinese tourists help USA with the problem highlighted in this thread will be a win-win for both countries. :D

Some weird local delicacy won't have any impact on its nation building, other practice may have much more profound effect. Go figure.

Some weird local delicacy won't have any impact on its nation building, other practice may have much more profound effect. Go figure.

Let us start with the basics and have the Chinese tourists help NYC with its rat problem. The rest can follow. :D

Back
Top Bottom