What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

What is so special about Hilsa man?..I am from Odisha and i feel that was not aware about it....Is it really so tasty that someone will pay 1400/kG?...Then it is a very good potential to make some business out of it...

Sorry dude..i am backing out ...Hilsha is nothing but Ilshi fish...Of course it is very tasty..i tried it multiple times...Unfortunately we can cultivate it...

This is the ultimate test of friendship. Hope hasina didi will agree :p:

Y so costly .......... what so special about this fish ...... :o:
Its difficult to farm them, usually found near mouth of river because of their weird egg laying habit. :)

Its difficult to farm them, usually found near mouth of river because of their weird egg laying habit. :)

But y would one pay 1400 IN Rs. per KG yara its better to try some other thing .....

But y would one pay 1400 IN Rs. per KG yara its better to try some other thing .....
I might be causing blasphemy for saying this, but rohu tastes similar to me.. infact I prefer rohu to hilsa... :)

Bhai, 1400 Rs. is still not very costly. . . there are Caviar brands which may cost around 10k for a 40 gm. tin and ppl still buy it ( superrich showoffs ) :agree:

You do understand the fact that no technology has been invented yet to artificially cultivate Hilsha...right??We have been trying to do it for years and have not succeeded....what possible steps can the Indian government take to make India self reliant on Hilsha??

DRDO is working on it...:lol:

The Israeli gills and other European stuff will make it superior to anything you guys have got...:lol:

Bhai, 1400 Rs. is still not very costly. . . there are Caviar brands which may cost around 10k for a 40 gm. tin and ppl still buy it ( superrich showoffs ) :agree:

I might be causing blasphemy for saying this, but rohu tastes similar to me.. infact I prefer rohu to hilsa... :)

I might not be able to understand this fishiiiiii thing ..... as I m CHAPLI KABAB guy ....

I might not be able to understand this fishiiiiii thing ..... as I m CHAPLI KABAB guy ....

Bhai, food habits depends upon the regional/easy availability of the food items. even here in northern states, ppl prefer red/white meat over seafood :agree:

DRDO is working on it...:lol:

The Israeli gills and other European stuff will make it superior to anything you guys have got...:lol:

Although you are having a go at my country but I still loled :lol:

Same here, Ilish is too much work, tiny bones and smellier. Rohu/Rui is the best fish otherwise Mullet or Leatherjacket.

Infact this one time I got a ilish fish bone stuck in my throat and that fcker would not dislodge no matter what I did. I googled and googled tried all the home remedies, no joy. Eventually after consuming a whole loaf of bread, 6 bananas, couple of plain rotis, eating a bowl full of plain white rice, drinking about 2 litres of coke (all suggested home remedies), i got myself admitted to the emergency. :hitwall:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom