What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

FISH!
FISH!
FISH!

fish_are_awesome_print-r2d5c0900c04c4712b6078a4696f461b6_phlf_8byvr_324.jpg

Rui fish are for babies who are scared of bones.....comparing rui to ilish is like comparing crow meat to desi chicken!

They are accustomed to the "Diamond Ilish", the locally found hilshas in Kolkata that tastes even worse than Burmese Rui! :lol:

Indian high commissioner Pankaj saran has request Bangladesh government to withdraw Hilsha fish export ban :rofl: . Pointing on BD-India friendship (really ? ! ! wtf ! ! since when ? ! ! :o:), he said Bangladesh's hilsha fish has big demand in India.
-------------------------------------------------
oye where does friendship go when suddenly you stop onion export to BD without notice ? butt hurts now ?
and where is your inferior-superior comments now ?:blah:
*** give us water first you .................................................... :mad:
bangla news source: ইলিশ রপ্তানির নিষেধাজ্ঞা তুলতে ভারতের অনুরোধ

This one thing we take more seriously than Kashmir issue or Chinese incursion!! :pissed:

I call for a full-fledged war against Bangladesh on this issue!! :pissed: :butcher: :sniper:

You do understand the fact that no technology has been invented yet to artificially cultivate Hilsha...right??We have been trying to do it for years and have not succeeded....what possible steps can the Indian government take to make India self reliant on Hilsha??

We are primarily fish eaters, we are more intelligent than meat eaters!! :whistle:

Last edited:
don't you Bengalis eat Neymeen(Seer fish), Kozhuva(Anjovi),Shark and several river fish varieties like Kari meen(green chromide)..
and the likes? I think west coastal India is also die hard fish eaters especially Kerala.
Fishes in Kerala

Regarding Hilsa, how it taste? better than Seer fish ?

If you know how to cook it, and comfortable with the small bones, then it is the best fish in the world. I like it steam cooked in mustered paste (Bhapa Ilish). :-)

I think Hilsa is similar to salmon fish, we also have many more types of fish which are very exotic, both salt water and sweet water variants are there on our menu! :D Maybe the names are different from what you have in Kerala, like I checked Seer fish is a type of Mackerel.

Try this:
Bhapa Ilish - Recipes by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Bengali Recipes - Bhapa Ilish (Steamed Ilish) - KhanaPakana.com

Another preparation of the same dish:
Bong Mom's CookBook: Bhapa Ilish -- Steamed Hilsa

shobito diye dili ma, ei ilish niye ar maan-oviman keno!

Thik thik !! :D

Last edited:
ilish maach bangalore 850 taka. Chokh gulo holde holde.. dekhe mone hoi hybrid ilish .. taste toh jachetai ! Ei ilish gulo shob gujrat theke aashe ..

Sundorboner ilisher taste aar kichute nai .. :)

If you know how to cook it, and comfortable with the small bones, then it is the best fish in the world. I like it steam cooked in mustered paste (Bhapa Ilish). :-)

I think Hilsa is similar to salmon fish, we also have many more types of fish which are very exotic, both salt water and sweet water variants are there on our menu! :D Maybe the names are different from what you have in Kerala, like I checked Seer fish is a type of Mackerel.

Try this:
Bhapa Ilish - Recipes by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Bengali Recipes - Bhapa Ilish (Steamed Ilish) - KhanaPakana.com

Another preparation of the same dish:
Bong Mom's CookBook: Bhapa Ilish -- Steamed Hilsa

Thik thik !! :D

Try trout fish also, i never eat fishes but this is the only fish i ate and want to eat again. i ate this fish in naran, Pakistan and we four people ate around 2 kg and its per kg was around PkRs.4500 three year back

This BD section has gone quieter after the election. Many jamatis fled in severe depression. Only idune is still going strong with his "India backed Awami League" bullshit. Of course that is not counting Munshi's self promotions (book, twitter etc.). :P

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom