What's new

News from within CAC (J-10B and J-20, also Pakistan related)

Cost, reliability or production limit could all be factors. You will have to ask PAF why they made the decision, since they made the order.

sir i trust both PAF and CHINA so deal is worthy for PAF otherwise they will never go for it.J-10A means be ready for cooked by SU-30MKI lolz.

then why not they build new design sir if every thing is well so when they produce why can't they produce j-10b rather then j-10a .i am sorry to say but why ?

My old bean, the first J10B prototype was built in 2009. it's a major upgrade of J10A including AESA/IRST/DSI intake etc.it takes a long time to test and improve before it's fully mature. they chinese are not less eager to have them than you.

BCZ j10b have to take a place in line now .you know PLAAF is NO.1 and PLAN is NO.2,PAF is NO.3.
But PAF can not wait to equip J10B in 2014,so PAF first to equip some j10a and j10s,,,,,,then PAF equip j10B in 2014

CAN a j-10 upgraded to j-10b sir?

impossible, they have to modify the airframe to accommodate them. that's what J10B designed for

你看huzigeng的原话。新航电系统。没有什么不可能的

My old bean, the first J10B prototype was built in 2009. it's a major upgrade of J10A including AESA/IRST/DSI intake etc.it takes a long time to test and improve before it's fully mature. they chinese are not less eager to have them than you.

then i think PAF should wait till 2014 and stick on thunders till that.

BCZ j10b have to take a place in line now .you know PLAAF is NO.1 and PLAN is NO.2,PAF is NO.3.
But PAF can not wait to equip J10B in 2014,so PAF first to equip some j10a and j10s,,,,,,then PAF will equip j10B in 2014

NAVY has J10? i thought they only use J8, JH7, and Su30MKK.

I hope we see some good upgrades to the J-10s we're gonna receive, at least a AESA Radar :D

Well, i don't think PAF will mess up with this decision, they know how much important these Jets are for us!

I hope we see some good upgrades to the J-10s we're gonna receive, at least a AESA Radar :D

Well, i don't think PAF will mess up with this decision, they know how much important these Jets are for us!

now you guys just chill same as you chill with our indian brothers after read fc-20 canceled hehehhehe

NAVY has J10? i thought they only use J8, JH7, and Su30MKK.

Navalized J-10AH
1303052355_30179.jpg

1303052355_41564.jpg

1303056669_89058.jpg

-e6B-1_3GiR...6670_56312.jpg

J-10AH%2B83048.jpg

J-10AH%2B83048.jpg

Brothers Then Whats This
Variants
J-10A: Single seat multi-role variant. The export designation is F-10A.
J-10S: Twin-seat fighter-trainer variant of the J-10A. The forward fuselage of the aircraft is stretched to accommodate an additional pilot seat, two pilots sit in tandem with a single large bubble canopy. Also incorporates an enlarged dorsal spine which may accommodate additional avionics equipment or fuel. As well as serving as training aircraft, the J-10S may also be used for the ground attack role where the rear seat pilot would act as the weapon systems operator.
J-10B: An upgraded variant of the J-10, also known as the "Super-10." The existence of the J-10B is not confirmed by official Chinese sources, but numerous images of a new J-10 variant have surfaced, showing a prototype J-10 modified with a diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI), an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser, ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings, and a modified nose that could indicate an AESA or PESA radar. It had its first flight in December 2008.
FC-20: An export variant of the J-10 designed for the Pakistan Air Force. First flight stated to take place in 2009.
Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I Will Pray for J10bs

Interesting! This seems to negate a lot of things that we have heard even from the for Air Chief himself as in one of his interviews, he mentioned "FC-20 is a customized version of J-10 as per our own requirements" and what i have heard repeatedly form my sources that FC-20=J-10b, not A. Also the similarity of J-10B with that of JFT (ECM housing, DSI, JFT like cockpit) was suggesting to us it is a likely PAF variant. Adding to that, Huitong also mentioned on his page that J-10b is asked by PAF and nothing is mentioned about A version. The delay is another factor as A is in service for almost six years now and should have made it into PAF by now. Too many question marks!

Wait and watch what unfolds in coming months.

Brothers Then Whats This
Variants
J-10A: Single seat multi-role variant. The export designation is F-10A.[30]
J-10S: Twin-seat fighter-trainer variant of the J-10A. The forward fuselage of the aircraft is stretched to accommodate an additional pilot seat, two pilots sit in tandem with a single large bubble canopy. Also incorporates an enlarged dorsal spine which may accommodate additional avionics equipment or fuel. As well as serving as training aircraft, the J-10S may also be used for the ground attack role where the rear seat pilot would act as the weapon systems operator.[31]
J-10B: An upgraded variant of the J-10, also known as the "Super-10."[32] The existence of the J-10B is not confirmed by official Chinese sources, but numerous images of a new J-10 variant have surfaced, showing a prototype J-10 modified with a diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI), an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser, ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings, and a modified nose that could indicate an AESA or PESA radar.[33][34] It had its first flight in December 2008.
FC-20: An export variant of the J-10 designed for the Pakistan Air Force.[35] First flight stated to take place in 2009.
Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't normally trust wikipedia as a source, especially when compared to someone who actually works on J-10.

Back
Top Bottom