What's new

News from within CAC (J-10B and J-20, also Pakistan related)

1046.gif

English translation of the main chunk of news for Chinese members.

China will sell a squadron of latest J-10B aircrafts to Pakistan
China has promised to sell Pakistan atleast a squadron of its J-10B aircrafts.These aircrafts hold an important position in the defense system of China and Pakistan will be the first country to whom these aircrafts will be sold

This beast- J-10B (IRST, DSI, bigger size, deep nose, HUD, Euro canards, AESA, more capables) :wub:

2313171538_c4d9ce2ffb_o.jpg

j10comp.png

While there were rumors of the PAF receiving its first J-10s as early as 2009, the purchase has been delayed to 2014/2015. However, there is no doubt that the PAF sees its future inextricably linked to the J-10Bs/FC-20s. Informed sources suggest that PAF is not only looking to purchase, but to set up the necessary infrastructure to maintain and upgrade these birds. According to well informed sources, the aforementioned delay is primarily as a result of engine issues. The AL-31 would create maintenance and logistics problems for the PAF, given the lack of a working relationship with Russia. The WS-10A/B has not met quality standards. This leaves the PAF high and dry for now vis-a-vis the J-10. Their engine options now are to either to wait for a more reliable WS-10A version or to go for the WS-15, a new generation engine with similar dimensions.

More details

Well, this is the confirmation again, i wonder what S 10 might say about this? Anyway, either A or B, J-10 is a formidable fighter indeed. :D

Seriously China have a great quick development on Navy, Submarines, Frigates, DF-21 missiles, speed railroads, and many project but still slow process lack in airforces aviation!

disp_onion36.jpg

Please do it quickly, we hardly impatient to see J10B this yearrr !!

:china:

Krash,

You answered your post yourself---so don't think I am being disrespectful----you are still living with your dad and dependant on him---I have not been dependant on mine for 35 years now----directly or indirectly----.

Whatever I say or state in the analysis I put up----this is out of my personal experience, research, reading and not hearsay----. You cannot challenge the validity of my personal experience---until and unless you go through the grinder yourself----I mean to say, I don't say and write what I do just beacuse I hate you guys in pakistan----I say and write just because you screw it up more often than anyone else with your capabilities---and you know why----because of your thick headedness---because you don't want to admit to your mistakes----because as long you don't admit to your mistakes----you cannot correct what is wrong----.

You know how bad pakistanis are now----even the foreigners are openly commenting---- " pakistanis are known for missing chances----now they are missing the missed chances as well "----you know for a nation----for any nation, that is a day full of shame to hear such comments----and for me a pakistani living abroad-----it is humiliating and degrading as hell.

Prove me wrong my 'man'----prove me wrong---and make yourself proud---take the challenge and prove me wrong about pakistanis by your deeds and actions. You are a nation which is lost----it is a ship without a rudder----you have no direction---you have no sails----there is no character----you don't know which way to go----you have no guidance----.

Why don't you take the challenge and maybe after 10 years we will meet here again and see what you have done----.

Pakistanis have yet not reached that point where they can stand up in front of the mirror and admit to themselves about the errors of their ways-----once you learn to do that---that will be the first step in the right direction----the second but most important step----don't take the accomplishments of muslims from other regions of the worldand claim them as your own----.

There's not a single point in your post that I do not agree with. God knows that what you have written down is what I have been yelling for years (even though its only been a year that iv come out of the womb of my uni and seen what truly is waiting on the out side). I would go as far as saying that we arent even a nation but only a crowd, a flock of sheep without a shepherd, a shepherd which we for some stupid reason believe would come parting the clouds and descending from the heavens as a messiah, a messiah whom, in reality, we must produce within our midst, by ourselves. But thats another debate. What the purpose of my post to you sir was that through all this sh*t flying around lets keep our heads leveled. Lets not let them slump a little too much. Maybe its the difference in the span of the experience. I for one am still not ready to accept fate, not just yet. Ill fight whomever I need to for the sake of fighting for my country and for that sake alone. I will fight each and everyone of my country men if it comes to that. I will fight for this country until my arms loose strength and my legs cannot bare my weight. As futile as this is, which it is to the extreme, with all the impending disappointment assured I still owe this to the country which has given me all that I have and all that I am. I owe this to my motherland, not to its people and not to myself. We as a "nation" never deserved this country. We as a nation are unclean and despicable. I cannot just leave this country to these fanged sheep. If I have to go out thrashing, crying and shouting without a sliver of hope, my resolve shattered and all the certainty of disappointment all too obvious then so be it. This is the least I can do for my Pakistan, this is the least that I owe to my Pakistan.

So,

Where are we getting the money from----today---to buy all these gadgets---when we are totally broke-----and you still protecting them. We are again behind the starting point---way way back----.

JF 17 will be---in the future----both the aircraft that we are betting on---the JF17 and the J10B/FC20 are still a long way from being the top performers.

Our friends in China, you would be surprised how unbelievable the financing terms are :smitten:. Its in China's interests to have a strong Pakistan Militarily in the face of increasingly militarization of India of her Armed Forces. Balance of Power will maintain peace in South Asia, and this is exactly what China is aiming for, maintain peace.

IceCold,

Thank you for your post----my thinking is that paf should hung its hat and let the jf 17 go bye bye---and switched allegiance to the J10A right in mid stride----let egos not get in the way of neccesity----.

My feeling is that the egos of the paf were attached to the JF17----and they let themselves caried away with that----. J10 A is a superior aircraft----the shift to FC20 would have been on the same level as that of the F18----as the current F 18 is nothing like the original F 18-----.

Thanks 1st Pakistani to point out a Crucial demerit of PAF....... the "ego" factor 1st F-16 and then JF-17.... thanks for pointing out !!
Its still hard to understand that if J-10A is available why not buy them 1st....... most of the AF would prefer top of line fighters to decorate their ranks 1st and then 2nd or 3rd line would would follow....... even then IMHO PAF should go all out for J-10A even now induct 4-5 squadrons at least or may be up to 7......if possible.... that would really change the picture which even 300 JF-17s won't do....... Planes are upgraded and modernized with new technologies...... so J-10A would be growing in capabilities with time.... If funds are provided by government....... One more thing about China soft loans....... In world politics there no give give only....... there's a take also...... and in case of China the take would be with added interest.... feel free to disagree/argue.

Its still hard to understand that if J-10A is available why not buy them 1st....... most of the AF would prefer top of line fighters to decorate their ranks 1st and then 2nd or 3rd line would would follow

If you would bother to read my post in reply to Khan Sahib, you would understand why PAF has not gone all out for the J10's. If it were up to the PAF, they would fly nothing short of Raptors and Typhoons but with a defence budget of less than $10 billion for the entire Armed Forces, there is only so much you can do.

Point Defence Role that the JF17 was envisioned to fullfill, if that task was handed over to the J10's, there is nothing off value that the J10's would add as compared to the JF17. This is something that you fanboys need to understand, its not about having the most shiniest new toy, its about fulfilling the requirement under the budget that has been allotted for the project. You would have a valid argument if the PAF was filling JF17 with its higher end fighters, obviously for offense oriented roles the J10 is better served and that is exactly what the PAF is acquiring it for.

Another point worthy of mention to the posters stating that JFT should have been ditched, is that PAF wanted to have a fighter it could play around with. It has tinkered in so many little ways with this fighter and the result is a pretty efficient light weight fighter with a decent range and a price which is affordable. The other aspect is the success of the ideas on JFT have translated on to J10 and even J20, so all in all it has not been a futile exercise. A small affordable fighter at a stingy 500 million investment, where have you heard of that ? It will give PAF what it never had BVR capabilitiesand a lot of modern facilities which we could not have dreamt of . Even at a difference of 10 million per plane, you can imagine the strain on our fragile economy with 250 -300 planes to replace.
Araz

China to give squadron of J-10B fighters to Pakistan
July 30, 2011

Taking bilateral defence relations to a new high, China will give Pakistan a squadron of the advanced J-10B fighter aircraft, a media report said.

The offer was made by senior Chinese military leaders to visiting Pakistan Army's Chief of General Staff, Lt. Gen. Waheed Arshad, the Urdu daily Jang reported Saturday, quoting defence sources.

The J-10B fighters are equipped with the latest weapons and Pakistan will be the first country, after China, to have these advanced aircraft, it said.

During his visit, Lt.Gen.Arshad was assured that the defence relationship between the two countries will reach new heights and China's efforts for the safety and security of Pakistan will be never-ending.

During his visit, Waheed called on General Ma Xiaotian, deputy chief of general staff of People's Liberation Army and other officials including Lt. General Ren Haiquan, the vice president of the National Defence University.

Source: IANS

Back
Top Bottom