What's new

Nirbhay Cruise Missile Family Finally Revealed!

When Nirbhay fired at you: You can counter it with good SAM. When Brahmos and Shaurya fired at you: You are doomed. lol

No i have better plans..
I will have a flock of birds flying around my strategic targets,or have helium baloons flying around..
Brahmos being at the edge of metal endurance,cannot take any extra stress,such as a bird strike or hitting a large baloon or its strings...
So i am not doomed if i am a land based target,even without sophisticated gear.
*trolface*

Are you saying that Indian gov never released any defense related info prematurely? Come on, you know I'm right. What Indian gov, or any gov should do, is to hide their efforts and surprise their adversaries. Defence programs is not meant to cheer people up in forums like this.

Indian govt never releases any relevant defense related info prematurely...that is exactly what I am saying.

You should stick to advising your chinese government how to manage their defence programs....that way you will be less of a laughing stock. :wave:

Are you saying that Indian gov never released any defense related info prematurely? Come on, you know I'm right. What Indian gov, or any gov should do, is to hide their efforts and surprise their adversaries. Defence programs is not meant to cheer people up in forums like this.

what we are saying is, India is not China who would tell only when its a success and hide the multiple failures.

anyone can tell after its a success? right? Do Chinese have guts to tell beforehand? No because they always have multiple failures (unlike India which may have 1 or 2 only) and ccp want to hide those.

No i have better plans..
I will have a flock of birds flying around my strategic targets,or have helium baloons flying around..
Brahmos being at the edge of metal endurance,cannot take any extra stress,such as a bird strike or hitting a large baloon or its strings...
*trolface*

:cry: we are doomed.

Too long if bitten by the 'indigenous bug'.

There are enough cruise/anti shipping missiles available to india off the shelf. It is imperative that we have or own indigenous offensive missiles that we can produce without any complications in large numbers at an affordable price. Hence indigenous. Process is slow, hurdles are large, but when it starts paying dividends the advantage is huge, ISRO benefiting from IGDMP is a prime example.

Areas where product timeline has been marred, eventually foriegn technologies and collaborations do come in, but what is imperative is to attempt to do it yourself first, if not bring in tech help from france/ Israel / Russia. Brahmos, ALH, LCA, MKI are top examples.

Equipment that is urgently needed or costs too much to develop when it is readily available are readily imported.

No i have better plans..
*trolface*
Sir, have you seen any of the strain data from the for dynamic tests or the fem analysis from CFD sims to infer that the fuselage of brahmos is at "edge of metal endurance". Do remember that there are faster missiles than brahmos already tested by both the design agencies of the missile.

Indian defense planning and procurement is very open and all the information are available in budget allocation documents.

Not really. Capabilities are under played quite a few times. A simple example, the capability of the very rarely heard about Aviation Research Centre and the satellites. Another being the range of the BrahMos. If anybody believed that it was 290kms was purely being naive.

Indian govt never releases any relevant defense related info prematurely...that is exactly what I am saying.

You should stick to advising your chinese government how to manage their defence programs....that way you will be less of a laughing stock. :wave:

Never? how about Arjun and LCA. They were reveal way too early.As for PRC, you need to talk to people from there. I'm a Taiwanese American.

what we are saying is, India is not China who would tell only when its a success and hide the multiple failures.

anyone can tell after its a success? right? Do Chinese have guts to tell beforehand? No because they always have multiple failures (unlike India which may have 1 or 2 only) and ccp want to hide those.

Good excuse for supporting a bragging Indian gov. If India has someone like you, why does India need enemies.

Never? how about Arjun and LCA. They were reveal way too early.As for PRC, you need to talk to people from there. I'm a Taiwanese American.

Good excuse for supporting a bragging Indian gov. If India has someone like you, why does India need enemies.

what good excuse for bragging. India delivers after telling. Brahmos, Agni, Nirbhay, Arjun, Arihant etc etc... (Tejas is also good enough only thing is IAF wants even more from it)

its a shame China only tells after a success... HIDES all the failures from the public. Do you even know how many multiple times the project failed before the Chinese showed it to you. or how poor the testing results are in China.

In India it it fails 2 times and succeeds 5 times we know 2 and 5. In China if it fails 20 times and succeeds 1 time Chinese know only 1.

ccp tells after success only to hide its deficiencies and extremely poor testing and developmental records. Nothing to be proud off.

This thread is about Nirbhay Cruise Missile...open another thread on Arjun/LCA and I may reply to you.

......you are a 50 cents propaganda officer like other chinese posters here...only you have a different approach. :disagree:

Whole point in having a cruise missile is that it avoids Radar detection and SAM. Figure would explain more....

4980-004-FE1BCE2B.jpg
...sorry for sounding novice, which I'm in many aspect...
..but can't a subsonic cruise missile be shot down by a heat seeking missile fired from an airplane, after it being detected by radars in the sky???:what:

...sorry for sounding novice, which I'm in many aspect...
..but can't a subsonic cruise missile be shot down by a heat seeking missile fired from an airplane, after it being detected by radars in the sky???:what:

Yes, but it's hard for ground based radar to detect low flying cruise missiles. But can be easily detected by airborne radar systems.

Yes, but it's hard for ground based radar to detect low flying cruise missiles. But can be easily detected by airborne radar systems.
...I too thought so...and this is where hypersonic cruise missile score over the sub sonics...
..why to limit BhramosII to 500km range..why not to 1000km +, why cann't a missile with scramjet be made to these range? wonder if any country has done it.

...I too thought so...and this is where hypersonic cruise missile score over the sub sonics...
..why to limit BhramosII to 500km range..why not to 1000km +, why cann't a missile with scramjet be made to these range? wonder if any country has done it.

Brahmos is a terrain hugging missile, with programmable trajectory. Much of the trajectory being in the denser air, it requires huge quantity of propellants for a sustained flight of mach 3.

So for a 1000 km range, we might just have to increase the size of the missile by a factor of 2 or more. And Russia being a MTCR signatory, won't just let it happen. All we can do is incorporate Brahmos technology in Shaurya.

Brahmos is a terrain hugging missile, with programmable trajectory. Much of the trajectory being in the denser air, it requires huge quantity of propellants for a sustained flight of mach 3.

So for a 1000 km range, we might just have to increase the size of the missile by a factor of 2 or more. And Russia being a MTCR signatory, won't just let it happen. All we can do is incorporate Brahmos technology in Shaurya.
...you are right...but, is MTCR applicable to newly , jointly developed systems?
"scramjets using huge qty of propellants"??? I might have to re-brush my info. I read that scramjets are the most economical method for supersonic flights....after the vehicle has reached the "threshold " speed, which is attained by a rocket motor.
..I need to update myself.

* T mode on* :D
Now i am aching to quote all those who said 'sub sonic missile' are useless.
And super/dooper/hyper sonic Brahmos is the 'only' way forward.

And they are right!

1) Nirbhay only takes our indigenous design & development forward, talking capability wise,
other than the inherent advantage of terrain-hugging, Nirbhay is easier to intercept than something
like BrahMos Block-III (550km).

2) Higher-speed missiles are the way forward in the overall. FYI, a 600-km air-launched
Mach 2.6 missile called LRCM is also in development here!

Back
Top Bottom