What's new

Nirbhay Cruise Missile Family Finally Revealed!

...you are right...but, is MTCR applicable to newly , jointly developed systems?
"scramjets using huge qty of propellants"??? I might have to re-brush my info. I read that scramjets are the most economical method for supersonic flights....after the vehicle has reached the "threshold " speed, which is attained by a rocket motor.
..I need to update myself.

Out of the many methods of supersonic flight...scramjet is fuel efficient.
But saying that,a supersonic flight itself isnt fuel efficient compared to subsonic flight.

...you are right...but, is MTCR applicable to newly , jointly developed systems?
"scramjets using huge qty of propellants"??? I might have to re-brush my info. I read that scramjets are the most economical method for supersonic flights....after the vehicle has reached the "threshold " speed, which is attained by a rocket motor.
..I need to update myself.

By MTCR, you cannot provide any sub systems of a missile to any foreign countries with range exceeding 300km and payload exceeding 500kg.

And speed depends on the thrust generated by the engine, which is directly proportional to the propellant burnt per unit time.

.......but can't a subsonic cruise missile be shot down by a heat seeking missile fired from an airplane, after it being detected by radars in the sky???:what:

It can be detected by AWACS if the sky is continuously monitored 24 X 7 and it can be brought down by A2A missiles fired by airplanes. Not many countries have such capability.

However AWACS and other aircraft are also monitored by the enemy and CM can be launched when they detect a window. CM can also take a huge detour and circle around and hit the target. E.g. If Pakistan is using AWACS on their border 24 x 7 (which is impossible) and there is no window possible (this is also impossible) the CM can be fired into the arabia sea and then will turn around and enter pakistan from its easter border (iran) and can hit targets in its western border.

what good excuse for bragging. India delivers after telling. Brahmos, Agni, Nirbhay, Arjun, Arihant etc etc... (Tejas is also good enough only thing is IAF wants even more from it)

its a shame China only tells after a success... HIDES all the failures from the public. Do you even know how many multiple times the project failed before the Chinese showed it to you. or how poor the testing results are in China.

In India it it fails 2 times and succeeds 5 times we know 2 and 5. In China if it fails 20 times and succeeds 1 time Chinese know only 1.

ccp tells after success only to hide its deficiencies and extremely poor testing and developmental records. Nothing to be proud off.

You know that Indian release info on building something in the future such as the future ac or Arihant. Won't it be better if Arihant has not been officially announced even now? Let it be a surprise to others. Instead, there was a ceremony even before the reactor was critical.
I'm not Chinese, so you should only respond with things pertaining to America or Taiwan. I really have nothing to say to you if you keep on mention China and what they do. Wrong person.

what good excuse for bragging. India delivers after telling. Brahmos, Agni, Nirbhay, Arjun, Arihant etc etc... (Tejas is also good enough only thing is IAF wants even more from it)

its a shame China only tells after a success... HIDES all the failures from the public. Do you even know how many multiple times the project failed before the Chinese showed it to you. or how poor the testing results are in China.

In India it it fails 2 times and succeeds 5 times we know 2 and 5. In China if it fails 20 times and succeeds 1 time Chinese know only 1.

ccp tells after success only to hide its deficiencies and extremely poor testing and developmental records. Nothing to be proud off.

You know that Indian release info on building something in the future such as the future ac or Arihant. Won't it be better if Arihant has not been officially announced even now? Let it be a surprise to others. Instead, there was a ceremony even before the reactor was critical.
I'm not Chinese, so you should only respond with things pertaining to America or Taiwan. I really have nothing to say to you if you keep on mention China and what they do. Wrong person.

Changing the nationality does not change your lineage or blood. So you have Chinese roots and that is why you get pain in the @ss for India specific developments and you exists and troll only on Indian threads. I have not seen a worthwhile comment from you. All you spit is $hit and it does prove what an idiot of a person you are!!

I am sure a upgraded version with 2,000 KM range is in pipeline

Points to note -

1) Nirbhay in ALCM and SLCM form will be a 1,200-km range missile, coming in the same range territory as China's CJ-10 ALCM.

2) The Nirbhay's N-armed property confirms it that there are tactical sub-kiloton N-warheads aplentry in Indian inventory.

3) Nirbhay is powred by an Indian engine, not any Saturn 36MT as previously stated by loony journos.

4) A conventionally-equipped Nirbhay-Mini ALCM with 750-km range for Jaguar DARIN-III & M-MRCA means miniuaturization of currently developed tech is underway.

5) The Arihant-class SSBNs each can carry upto 12 x such SLCMs.

-- In the commets of the said blog post Prasun says a pontoon-based launch of SLCM 1200-km Nirbhay will be conducted in early 2013 --.

Thats why, perhaps, India tested sub-kiloton nukes in 1998.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-already-have-operational-tactical-nukes.html

Shakti I - A thermonuclear device yielding 45 kt, but designed for up to 200 kt.
Shakti II - A plutonium implosion design yielding 15 kt and intended as a warhead that could be delivered by bomber or missile. It was an improvement of the device detonated in the 1974 Smiling Buddha (Pokhran-I) test of 1974, developed using simulations on the PARAM supercomputer.
Shakti III - An experimental boosted fission design that used "non-weapon grade"[7] plutonium, but which likely omitted the material required for fusion, yielding 0.3 kt.
Shakti IV- A 0.5 kt experimental device.
Shakti V - A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233.

An additional, sixth device (Shakti VI) is suspected to have been present but not detonated.[5]

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...C8FztFuRo-T6uWC7GwN0g&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

It struck to me months ago that India may already have tactical nukes small enough to carry by Prahar

You say you are not Chinese but your posts all indicate tremendous support for CHina

@IND151

What of 2,000? I do believe the next version (Nirbhay-II) will be a 2,500-3,000km missile.:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian defense planning and procurement is very open and all the information are available in budget allocation documents.

It should only be open to a certain degrees. The US program certainly is not open. We do not want others to know what we are doing and copy us.

You say you are not Chinese but your posts all indicate tremendous support for CHina

Can you point out 1 post I have supporting China? Just 1.

It should only be open to a certain degrees. The US program certainly is not open. We do not want others to know what we are doing and copy us.

They have a huge black budget and both the ruling party and the opposition knows the implications of declassifying such defense projects to national security.

But our politicians are retards, selfish, idiots, shortsighted, corrupt, etc just to name a few qualities. If i confront a tiger and an Indian politician, i'll kill the politician first.

Changing the nationality does not change your lineage or blood. So you have Chinese roots and that is why you get pain in the @ss for India specific developments and you exists and troll only on Indian threads. I have not seen a worthwhile comment from you. All you spit is $hit and it does prove what an idiot of a person you are!!

I have a lot of support from Indians when I stated that India should hide its efforts and surprise its adversaries. You are against me because I am not supporting India 100% of time, so you are against me no matter what I posted.

I do have Chinese background, like almost all Taiwanese do. But I post base on facts. I'm an American and I am not a supporter of CCP. But just because I'm not a fan of CCP doesn't meant that I cannot post facts that India reveal too much about secret projects such as Arihant way too early. If I'm an Indian, I would be pissed off at my government for not being able to keep a secret instead of blaming a foreigner for pointing that out.

I have a lot of support from Indians when I stated that India should hide its efforts and surprise its adversaries. You are against me because I am not supporting India 100% of time, so you are against me no matter what I posted.

I do have Chinese background, like almost all Taiwanese do. But I post base on facts. I'm an American and I am not a supporter of CCP. But just because I'm not a fan of CCP doesn't meant that I cannot post facts that India reveal too much about secret projects such as Arihant way too early. If I'm an Indian, I would be pissed off at my government for not being able to keep a secret instead of blaming a foreigner for pointing that out.

Dude just calm down and learn what democracy is...

@IND151

What of 2,000? I do believe the next version (Nirbhay-II) will be a 2,500-3,000km missile.:tup:

There already are talks that this missile itself will be able to cross the 2000 Km. mark. Infact there seems to be more than one type of missile being developed under Nirbhay umbrella. Expect the next version to cross 3500 Kms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude just calm down and learn what democracy is...

America is a democracy and it definitely does not operate like India. The problem with India is that the defense procurement is more to win elections than to protect the country. Something that doesn't happen to American as people do not take their pride and worth from an American weapons system. I guess Indians do as a politician showing that they can come up with some super duper weapon can win elections. Is that true?

There already are talks that this missile itself will be able to cross the 2000 Km. mark. Infact there seems to be more than one type of missile being developed under Nirbhay umbrella. Expect the next version to cross 3500 Kms.

What ever is the range, keep it a secret. I think you an only guess on this one as India is keeping this a secret.

America is a democracy and it definitely does not operate like India. The problem with India is that the defense procurement is more to win elections than to protect the country. Something that doesn't happen to American as people do not take their pride and worth from an American weapons system. I guess Indians do as a politician showing that they can come up with some super duper weapon can win elections. Is that true?

More than 70% of Indians don't even know that we have a credible army :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom