What's new

No 17 ''Tigers'' Squadron First To Re-Equip With JF-17 Block-3

Each of those items will still incur a cost - the least resistance method is to have a control unit for the aircraft which is likely to run $40000 in total without labor and the training.

A Rocket launch will also expense items along with giving the hint away that this isn’t a normal flight.

You also need a command structure and the ability to deconflict airspace when these are airborne. They wont have any useful offensive range “simulation” unless carrying at least one drop tank so all that fuel cost adds up.

It is doable and probably may have good use besides combat in being a QF-7 drone for the PAF to use for live fire tests
The one and only good use for them could potentially be to expose Indian radar and SAM sites trying to take these drones out. Otherwise converting them is a waste of time, energy and money. Keep in mind these will need to be parked and serviced somewhere on an airbase during peacetime and the conflict might not happen for another 2 decades where these drone could even be deployed and used. Better focus energies elsewhere.

Actually PG should go first
I said that here on this forum years ago.

There design life is 20 years..so PG will run out of life soon. And will need overhaul

So would we overhaul PGs or just get rid of them and continue servicing just mirage 5

The answer is obvious

PAF will keep mirages(by continous oveehauling and canabilization) and will get rid of PGs and FT-7s as F-7Ps are already gone
PG's offer a much higher performance as point defense fighters than any Mirage in service. Coupled with AIM-9L, RWRs, and MB seats, they are a pretty good solution for defensive duties under the cover of Early Warning and BVR capable aircraft. As such keeping the F-7PGs makes sense. Other F-7 variants will surely go first.

Tigers still operating PGs in latest PAF song for 14th Aug. Another confirmation of delay in Blk3 induction, as @MastanKhan has repeatedly pointed, it takes time.

Tigers still operating PGs in latest PAF song for 14th Aug. Another confirmation of delay in Blk3 induction, as @MastanKhan has repeatedly pointed, it takes time.
Hi I’m sure about blk not been inducted but you are right delayed and that’s why I have mentioned way back in one of my post of from the day one blk start firing PL15 what’s the charm for Pakistan to get J10c that quickly now I’m not saying BLK3 won’t be able to fire but can be kind of guidance from awacs after firing PL15
anymore input will be appreciated
thank you

Hi I’m sure about blk not been inducted but you are right delayed and that’s why I have mentioned way back in one of my post of from the day one blk start firing PL15 what’s the charm for Pakistan to get J10c that quickly now I’m not saying BLK3 won’t be able to fire but can be kind of guidance from awacs after firing PL15
thank you
The answer to your question can only be had with classified information which I do not know.

Hi,

The IAF induction of Rafale forced the Paf to look at options available to it for a competitive aircraft and the J10C was the aircraft of choice for the reason that the BLK 3 was not fully integrated.

This option has opened new avenues for the Paf---where the Paf in the past was an F16 centric air force---it is now open to a different source.

It has taken the Paf decades to do that---but it has crossed the point of no return and the biggest looser is the US and US foreign policy and US influence over pakistan---.

Americans are very intelligent people---but some of their stupidities need to be put on permanent placards displayed for public view.

Hi,

The IAF induction of Rafale forced the Paf to look at options available to it for a competitive aircraft and the J10C was the aircraft of choice for the reason that the BLK 3 was not fully integrated.

This option has opened new avenues for the Paf---where the Paf in the past was an F16 centric air force---it is now open to a different source.

It has taken the Paf decades to do that---but it has crossed the point of no return and the biggest looser is the US and US foreign policy and US influence over pakistan---.

Americans are very intelligent people---but some of their stupidities need to be put on permanent placards displayed for public view.

In the earlier days after WWI & WWII we had true politicians and thinkers in US, the current crop of idiots since 80’s to present aren’t fit to rule. The old had class and loyalties.

thank you

Hi,

It is a misnomer that the BLK 3 induction has been delayed. Such is not the case per say.

It is going ahead ON TIME.

The fact is that the BLK 3 had yet to reach that stage where it could be inducted---it is still in that development stage where it is at the verge of being inducted.

Last edited:

What advantage J10C has over Rafale? Indians have already seen them in recent standoff with China.

Another confirmation of delay in Blk3 induction
PAF can play with Block-III as much as it wants, there is no urgency. J-10C is already flying out there. This isn't like the 1980's when there was no aircraft in the league of F-16 to defend the skies. It would be best to bring JFT and J-10C closer in integration of common weaponry and systems. Later when J-10s are upgraded, the JFT can be upgraded accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom