What's new

No 17 ''Tigers'' Squadron First To Re-Equip With JF-17 Block-3

Hi,

The IAF induction of Rafale forced the Paf to look at options available to it for a competitive aircraft and the J10C was the aircraft of choice for the reason that the BLK 3 was not fully integrated.

This option has opened new avenues for the Paf---where the Paf in the past was an F16 centric air force---it is now open to a different source.

It has taken the Paf decades to do that---but it has crossed the point of no return and the biggest looser is the US and US foreign policy and US influence over pakistan---.

Americans are very intelligent people---but some of their stupidities need to be put on permanent placards displayed for public view.

besides PAF was in need of replacement of old aircraft. besides, an FGF is still far away.

now they have two options in the form of JF-17 and J-10 with which they can speed up the process.

with J-10 they are not going to stop with numbers, will increase gradually to a strength of 5 or more squadrons hopefully.

Hi,

It is a misnomer that the NLK 3 induction has been delayed. Such is not the case per say.

It is going ahead ON TIME.

The fact is that the BLK 3 had yet to reach that stage where it could be inducted---it is still in that development stage where it is at the verge of being inducted.
besides PAF was in need of replacement of old aircraft. besides, an FGF is still far away.

now they have two options in the form of JF-17 and J-10 with which they can speed up the process.

with J-10 they are not going to stop with numbers, will increase gradually to a strength of 5 or more squadrons hopefully.
Hi they might not be stopping in numbers for J10
but if PAF able to get AESA for f16s as they are in love with them number of j10s can be cut down to 36 more and less
as if we go China Pakistan history of Pakistan asking China to enhance the capability of the concerned item through feed back usually pakistan get those things in near future
so another item on the agenda will be z10 sorry for little offtopic
thank you

block 3, all within a span of 15 years ?
Hi,

That is because the EW package of the BLK 1 was sanctioned by France at the very last moment. An off the shelf component was picked up to make the aircraft operational.

So---basically what the BLK2 pkg got---the equivalent of that would have been in the BLK 1.

Next thing---our cost of the aircraft is extremely extremely low---the aircraft is of modular design---we are not dependent on the approval of a 3rd party govt to approve our upgrades.

That option makes us make changes at an extremely rapid rate if we need to---to compete our worthy adversary who is much richer than us--at an extremely low cost.

Last edited:
hi,
no my point is China has already deployed this near the Indian border and Indians will be evaluating it.
Hi,

They evaluate our aircraft---actually they try to and we try to evaluate theirs as well.

That cat & mouse game keeps getting played over & over.

So---in the end--we assume what critical stuff they have and they assume what we have.

but if PAF able to get AESA for f16s as they are in love with them number of j10s can be cut down to 36 more and less
as if we go China Pakistan history of Pakistan asking China to enhance the capability of the concerned item through feed back usually pakistan get those things in near future
thank you

i don't think they will stop at some low number either way, it is a worthy plane with room to absorb new tech, must go up in numbers.

thank you
I think the F16 modernization plan has gone khudday line for 3 reasons.
A. US alliance with India ensures it does not want Pakistan to have equipment which will make India uneasy. Even Sabres sold now will make India uneasy.
B. PAF 's fear of sanctions which are real in case of any skirmish with the Indians. this would weaken its defence depending on its reliance on US equipment
C. PAF will no longer get FMS support for purchase of US weapons which makes them a bit out of our reach. Even if the finances could somehow be sorted the willingness on US's part is not there.
I think PAF pitted the J10 buy against the US to COAX THEM INTO SUPPLYING THE f16S BUT THE LATTER DID NOT BITE . Now the dye is cast and you will see more and more of Chinese equipment in PAF.
A

I think the F16 modernization plan has gone khudday line for 3 reasons.
A. US alliance with India ensures it does not want Pakistan to have equipment which will make India uneasy. Even Sabres sold now will make India uneasy.
B. PAF 's fear of sanctions which are real in case of any skirmish with the Indians. this would weaken its defence depending on its reliance on US equipment
C. PAF will no longer get FMS support for purchase of US weapons which makes them a bit out of our reach. Even if the finances could somehow be sorted the willingness on US's part is not there.
I think PAF pitted the J10 buy against the US to COAX THEM INTO SUPPLYING THE f16S BUT THE LATTER DID NOT BITE . Now the dye is cast and you will see more and more of Chinese equipment in PAF.
A
not valid points
finance is the issue
usa supplying weapons isn’t
even until today we r not sanctioned and still albeit on paper a major non nato ally

not valid points
finance is the issue
even until today we r not sanctioned and still albeit on paper a major non nato ally
You live in la la land

USA will not approve weapons to pakistan..india spent billions in lobbying at every level to stop this

not valid points
finance is the issue

Hi,

You made some valid points.

Bottom line is that the pakistanis have yet to learn how to talk to the americans---.

You cannot be selling your country on one hand to the americans and then trying to make a deal with them trying to show them how ready you are to give them your sovereignty.

Be an UPSTANDING AR-SE HOLE like the indians and Israelis.

See---Pakistanis are selling themselves to the americans.

OTOH---americans are desperately trying to sell themselves to the indians and the Israelis.

Both these nations have nothing to sell to the americans but a make believe---and pakistan---who is the most important part of the troice---does not even know what "assets" it has----.

Hi,

You made some valid points.

Bottom line is that the pakistanis have yet to learn how to talk to the americans---.

You cannot be selling your country on one hand to the americans and then trying to make a deal with them trying to show them how ready you are to give them your sovereignty.

Be an UPSTANDING AR-SE HOLE like the indians and Israelis.

See---Pakistanis are selling themselves to the americans.

OTOH---americans are desperately trying to sell themselves to the indians and the Israelis.

Both these nations have nothing to sell to the americans but a make believe---and pakistan---who is the most important part of the troice---does not even know what "assets" it has----.
anyone who has been in any negotiations will know far more then ones making decisions right now
i must say indians are excellent with that skill just one specific factory in surat produce more jewelry and diamonds then the whole country of pakistan.owner of that factory once called me and told me he is biggest exporter of jewelry to usa and uae.and the best part is mostly they are playing on someone else money all covered by banks
if u think long term u will make decisions based on logic rather then based on personal gains
americans love money thats a given fact
they love wars thats there genes
they love anyone who talk like they mean business

anyone who has been in any negotiations will know far more then ones making decisions right now
i must say indians are excellent with that skill just one specific factory in surat produce more jewelry and diamonds then the whole country of pakistan.owner of that factory once called me and told me he is biggest exporter of jewelry to usa and uae.and the best part is mostly they are playing on someone else money all covered by banks
if u think long term u will make decisions based on logic rather then based on personal gains
americans love money thats a given fact
they love wars thats there genes
they love anyone who talk like they mean business
Hi,

Let me make it more respectable ---.

Americans love success.
Americans love people who can solve their own problems rather than come abegging

Their love of war---? That was subdued after vietnam.

But it was re-activated by those who wanted to make a vietnam out their incursions---bad mistake

Back
Top Bottom