What's new

No ammo, air defence obsolete: Army Chief to PM

shoot the messenger but atleast listen to message. no one in Govt seems to look at bigger picture, everybody in govt is talking against army chief. tragedy is that illiterate jokers in parliament like lalu yadav, mulayam , sharad yadav etc etc are asking for army chief to be sacked.

shoot the messenger but atleast listen to message. no one in Govt seems to look at bigger picture, everybody in govt is talking against army chief. tragedy is that illiterate jokers in parliament like lalu yadav, mulayam , sharad yadav etc etc are asking for army chief to be sacked.

Sir,

So very true. By the way Gen V K Singh has done a cameo in Nana Patekar's Prahaar, playing himself - then Col V K Singh, Instructor at Counter Insurgency School, Mizoram.

link : Did you know: Gen VK Singh is a small time movie star! - YouTube

If any neighbors believe our Army chef words :blah: :lol:, I think this is the best chance to pakistan to capture the kashmir. just any one will try it.

How convenient to form opinions...

When a single gun is not purchased in last 30 years, The Gen. should have waved his magic band and the obsolete systems due to systematic neglect would have been modernized... He is chief for last 2 years...
Aye Aye Sir... Sorry for having an opinion.

I just asked what steps big or smalls he took or maybe just an initiation .Don't tell me 2 years is nothing...
South Asian Mentality : We couldn't do anything in 2 year's because my predecessors' were not able to do it in 30 year's :lol:

P.S - No one disagrees that Army has been ignored for a long time but isn't it the the duty of the army chief to prepare the army for any emergencies how about talking some of the responsibility.

& you had people like Mulayam as the defence minister of India. A chief like Gen VKS would not serve their purpose. Defence ministry is the most profitable portfolio for people sitting inside the govt & dalals outside. It is unfortunate that the letter has leaked to the press.. but contents of the letter is alarming to the security of the country. then again this maybe blesssing in disguise as who knows howmany letters from previous chiefs were swept under PM's carpet? this letter maybe the one that can't be ignored & things may change for better.

I just asked what steps big or smalls he took or maybe just an initiation .Don't tell me 2 years is nothing...
South Asian Mentality : We couldn't do anything in 2 year's because my predecessors' were not able to do it in 30 year's :lol:

P.S - No one disagrees that Army has been ignored for a long time but isn't it the the duty of the army chief to prepare the army for any emergencies how about talking some of the responsibility.

Hard to enforce change in a sea of corruption. Why didnt the Defence minister file or invetigate the issue instead of passing the ball around.

& you had people like Mulayam as the defence minister of India. A chief like Gen VKS would not serve their purpose. Defence ministry is the most profitable portfolio for people sitting inside the govt & dalals outside. It is unfortunate that the letter has leaked to the press.. but contents of the letter is alarming to the security of the country. then again this maybe blesssing in disguise as who knows howmany letters from previous chiefs were swept under PM's carpet? this letter maybe the one that can't be ignored & things may change for better.

Exactly the defence minister portfolio is the most lucrative. We common ppl know this. I dont think the PM nor AK Anthony is guilty, they are very honest ppl. But the countless other officials are from honest. Time for India to start listening to Anna instead of working against him. Think how the whole govt came together to agree against Anna and how he addresses them. I wish I see a gov;t official, so I can spit or throw a slipper on them. I think we should all start doing this, so what if we get arrested or beat up, Gandhi did it numerous times.

Hold on our guns, are we not interested more in banning consumption of beef in india ???

Draconian - Indian Express

The BJP government in Madhya Pradesh comes down on cow slaughter with an exceptionally stringent law. The Gau-Vansh Vadh Pratishedh (Sanshodhan) Act, which has received the presidential assent, makes cow slaughter a serious offence liable for punishment up to seven years. Even transport of cows to slaughter or storing of beef could invite punishment of varying degrees.

Sad rape and cow slaughter gets the same punishment. That tells me a lot.....yet many don;t even realize how ridiculous this is. Thanks God I live in Kerala, and I love eating Beef. I dare them to make that a law here.....

Hard to enforce change in a sea of corruption. Why didnt the Defence minister file or invetigate the issue instead of passing the ball around.
I always had this feeling that army men are more patriotic and professional than the corrupt politicians :unsure:

I always had this feeling that army men are more patriotic and professionally than the corrupt politicians :unsure:

In general they are, but in order to corrupt the military, its easier to just focus on the higher ups and that itself is very damaging.

Sad rape and cow slaughter gets the same punishment. That tells me a lot.....yet many don;t even realize how ridiculous this is. Thanks God I live in Kerala, and I love eating Beef. I dare them to make that a law here.....

Ohh they will - wait till BJP comes to power in kerala

I thought super power of the world, a.k.a india, was like Chuck Norris. They had the best of everything and could do pretty much anything.

Shocking.

Opinions should be based on facts otherwise as they say- Opinions are like .........

Cant believe have to say this on a defence forum but the reality is that 2 years are nothing to clear the dirt accumulated in 30 years. And it has nothing to do with South Asian mentality . This is a universal truth . Let me try to explain. using Artillery as an example. If Army has a shortage of 3000 Guns and it decides to nuy it today and places orders, the guns will not appear out of the blue. The Guns will come in batches every year and will be inducted. Even if 200 guns are inducted every year, it will take 15 years to induct them. By then the guns already present with Army would have become obsolete . Thats why a gap in procurement must be avoided and here no procurement has been done since 80's.

PS: Procurement of Arms and ammunitions is not decided by the Chiefs. It is decided in Sena Bhavan.

This is a false news. I would suspect to justify the recent defence budget increase. :)

Reality is something else: India is preparing to invade pakistan.

This is a false news. I would suspect to justify the recent defence budget increase. :)

Reality is something else: India is preparing to invade pakistan.

India isn't preparing to invade anything besides military and national security are not priority for the gov't taking bribes and stashing black money into swiss bank accounts on the other hand is a priority for the gov't.

Hats off to he Army Chief to finally standing against these bunch of corrupt and lazy thugs. Im sure this incident might change few things in our defense environment positively.
But, should we expect our jhola chaap PM to take any action against the impotent defense minister for not acting on such important defense matters beforehand..

Back
Top Bottom